BOMT Album appreciation thread

I honestly love this album its honestly in my top 3 favourites with Blackout & ITZ. I feel people love the singles and know the singles mainly BOMT & Crazy, but I feel the album as a whole is underrated af. 

I will be honest with you I live for songs like Email my heart, I Will Still Love You, Thinkin About You, Autumn Goodbye and yes I think The Beat Goes On is great too (I don't get the hate for this one at all she can actually sing this one in her natural voice) ALL Flawless Bops. Everyone knows my fave Bop is Soda Pop "Lets take a pop shot" I live for that line! :gaspney:

Another reason why I love this album is that she could probably sing most of these songs pretty well with live vocals today because lots of these songs showcase her natural register. I mean we saw what she's like live when singing in her natural register with just Happy Birthday. 

Also all these songs may be outdated but they are FUN, I love listening to this album in the summer with all those upbeat cheesy 90s vibes. I think if she actually sung these songs live even just for fun like Happy Birthday it would drive the crowds wild and we know how Britney feels about making sure her show is "fun" :unbelievableney: (The reality is we know she would never do Email my heart live or any of these songs again not giving one f :smokney:)

My favourite look from Britney is the ones she had on the BOMT tour there iconic and I think there was even a doll with this look that I know a friend had at one point. 48e11a5254b917b8eefc9a044682b58e.jpg

The tour may be simple but it does look very bubbly and youthful and I love that. Its classic and I wish it was digital/professionally recorded for the fans to see including the 80s medley and open arms covers, which I am dying to see. She also went to my city Calgary for the first and only time ever in 1999 but I never got to see her. Wish I could see some pics of her performing in my city in 1999. 

Now I am going to go listen to this album in my basement on the CD player down there since I wrecked the cassette I have of my album when I was 7 years old for playing it too much. This was my first album and I think too many others too. 

I live for the hair piece hanging on the mic lol :woopsie:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This deserves the utmost ammount of upvotes!!! :urite: I swear to good, the album is such underrated hopelessly romantic cheese material BUT IN A GOOD WAY, everyone needs that in their lives from time to time and me being exactly that, I can't relate to the album more than I already do. :gaspney: Honestly, I think I might like "I Will Still Love You", "Sometimes" and "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" more than BOMT or YDMC. :makeitrain: Also... THE VOCALS? :OMGney: Definitely like it more than In the Zone, Oops and Britney. :mhm:

41 minutes ago, "I always sing live!" said:

This deserves the utmost ammount of upvotes!!! :urite: I swear to good, the album is such underrated hopelessly romantic cheese material BUT IN A GOOD WAY, everyone needs that in their lives from time to time and me being exactly that, I can't relate to the album more than I already do. :gaspney: Honestly, I think I might like "I Will Still Love You", "Sometimes" and "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" more than BOMT or YDMC. :makeitrain: Also... THE VOCALS? :OMGney: Definitely like it more than In the Zone, Oops and Britney. :mhm:

Waiting for Currentney to deliver Soda Pop vocal essentials live we know she can do it :cutebrit:. Cheesy romantic 80s/90s music is fun fun FUN!!!!!!!! :tongueney:

I still love it as much as when it came out, ive heard it a billion times and it never gets old to me. Born to make you happy is one of the best songs that ever existed, and every song on the album is just amazing and those vocals. :foh:

To me its not outdated at all... but then again i cant stand new music exept a few songs and what my favs put out there... i listen to music from mid 00's and back... 90s and early 00's has the best music ever. 

:carpoolney:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get why ppl call it cheesy. Soda pop   (Is a bop) and email are the only songs that could be called that. 

The rest I don't get how they are cheesy?

Her older music is actually way more mature than some of her newest stuff 

Underrated within the fanbase. It held its own so I don't even need to defend 

Archived