What does Britney still need to do to earn the 'legend' status?

6 hours ago, Dynasty said:

In my opinion she has done immensely enough, so many quality singles, so many quality albums, the only horrible album she had in her entire career was britney jean, all the others are really up to the standard. So many awards, so many performances, concerts. Acting in TV shows (and doing it really well and raising their ratings), so many iconic music videos. Yet people believe she needs that ONE MORE SINGLE, ONE MORE THING to be legendary. And even if she was to get that ONE MORE whatever it is many people think it should be, what makes you think people will stop right there and say "ok shes a legend now" . Because im 90% sure that wont be the case.

You just can't be a legend if your hits only span 14 years (1998-2013). She hasn't had a genuine hit in five years. Madonna's hits span 25 years, for instance, from Holiday to 4 Minutes.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is a legend... problem is she doesn't have staying power. What people remember as legendary has already come and gone. It's kind of sad because some artists remain legendary throughout their entire career but Britney is only legendary now because of how great she was in the past. 

What she needs:

A solid album
A solid first single
A solid first single video
Solid promo including a high-profile interview showing her personality. Matt Lauer again would make headlines
Solid 2nd, 3rd, 4th (and hopefully 5th) singles with videos and promo
A tour with promo

And when I say promo, I mean TV interviews, radio interviews, Facebook live ****, AND lots of live performances. She doesn't even have to sing live or dance hard, just do cool **** in them to make people remember them and talk about them. It's really not hard.

Archived