If you could've been in charge of the glory album...

Brunetteknee

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glory would probably be a double disc album with the mid tempo relatable Britney tracks on one disc contrasting the showgirl Britney in her performances on another disc. That way we could make sure that Moodring got its just due and it would show that Britney does have other sides to her as an artist or cut the tracklist to 12/13 tracks i.e. remove What you need, Private show, Clumsy, or any other weak tracks. 

7 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Work ***** was an underperformance. Scream & Shout was a global hit a year earlier, not to mention Femme Fatale had 3 back to back hit singles (#1, #3, #7) including another #1 for S&M Remix.

Hold It Against Me (#1, 411k)

Work ***** (#12, 174k)

That's a 230k decline in lead single first week sales. HIAM was also immensely hyped and had adequate promo. But there's still no reason for Britney to drop so low right after a hit single the past year. Had Work ***** received promo, it would have gone Top 10.

MM and SP both received great radio updates. However, the label couldn't do much to keep either alive because Britney can't be assed to do more than the bare minimum of single promoting anymore.

Yeah Work ***** is very polarizing so people either loved or hated it. With proper promotion it would've been much bigger and I think detractors would've learned to like it. For some reason it gets better when you listen to it more because it's jarring. RCA is a terrible label with no money so that combined with Britney's current work ethic and lack of creative direction leads to a mess. 

2 minutes ago, reecejwilson said:

:sassybrit::sobbing:

I mean it was a mess.

US

Jimmy Kimmel - didn't even mention "new single Make Me", just a rehash of the Rihanna segment

Carpool Karaoke - you could barely hear her, don't think they talked about "Glory" either

TODAY Show - this was probably the only decent promotional tool, if it wasn't for the bad choreography, it would have been better, she was alive

VMAs - erm, not a good performance for that much hype

UK

Jonathan Ross - bad choice to do "Make Me" when it was already dead and buried in the UK charts

41 minutes ago, nels64 said:

I wouldn’t change anything. Brit’s not gonna have any huge hits again until she’s out of Vegas. MM and SP were perfect single choices. This album was exactly what we wanted. It’s okay that it didn’t chart well. Charts aren’t all that matters!

Although maybe I would have been more daring with single choices. Can you imagine it she released something totally out of left field like Just Like Me or What you Need. It would have definitely gotten more attention. 

If the Glory era was a regular era and not a Vegas era, I would have left Slumber Party for 3rd single and done DYWCO as the second. 

OR I would have made the lead single something that would gain people’s attention. Like Just Like Me, What You Need, maybe even Mood Ring.  

giphy.gif 

Tracklist

invitation

make me

private show

man on the moon

just love me

change your mind

do u wanna come over

just like me

love me down

if I'm dancing 

mood ring

bonus:

what you need

hard to forget ya 

liar

ekectrique

single 1: do u wanna come over 

single 2: if I'm dancing/slumber party 

single 3: love me down 

single 4: just love me/make me/ invitation /mood ring

release the album the following week so it would've gone #1, still bitter omg 

If make me had to be first single release the original video 

Hype single before era begins: 

Mood Ring

Singles 

1) Make Me 

2) Slumber Party ft Jlo

3) Love me Down

4) Just Luv Me

Maintain the hype after BBMA with single release and original MM MV.

I would focus this entire era on live vocals, pre records/ match Glory's amazing vocals with "live" performances.

Billboard: Iconic GH performance. Launch Private Show commercial and announce Make Me

Make Me: THE ORIGINAL VIDEO! With good promo and performances

DYWCO: second single (listen to ur kids britney!) release during VMAS

VMAS: iconic performance of Make, DYWCO, potential 3rd single or Gimme More (prerecorded vocals)

Album Release: use a good cover, although with the original make me video out, the glory cover wouldn't be too bad. More interviews that aren't  random and edited.

Vegas: revamp adding more Glory songs at least 4 or 5?

Slumber Party: I would keep it the same but perform at the AMA's or PCA's 

Tour: she should've toured at this time, not randomly a year after the album.

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Work ***** was an underperformance. Scream & Shout was a global hit a year earlier, not to mention Femme Fatale had 3 back to back hit singles (#1, #3, #7) including another #1 for S&M Remix.

Hold It Against Me (#1, 411k)

Work ***** (#12, 174k)

That's a 230k decline in lead single first week sales. HIAM was also immensely hyped and had adequate promo. But there's still no reason for Britney to drop so low right after a hit single the past year. Had Work ***** received promo, it would have gone Top 10.

MM and SP both received great radio updates. However, the label couldn't do much to keep either alive because Britney can't be assed to do more than the bare minimum of single promoting anymore.

well do you realize that sales continue to decline every single year for most artists because of streaming. The only people that have been able to pull huge sales are Adele & Beyonce mostly to banning the streaming of their albums for months.

What Britney needed was to promote (as you mentioned)

If she had focused on Glory during the festivals instead of a water downed version of POM the singles and album woulda done better but we know that was prob part of her contract with PH to entice people to go to Vegas

I probably over work her :eheeek: but anyways

SINGLE 1: LOVE ME DOWN

-Released Aug 12

-Do a whole bunch of radio interviews 

- Release Music Video following week probably Aug 19

- Vma comeback performance love me down ( possibly a medley since beyonce did one) OPENING THE SHOW (Aug 28)

ALBUM COVER

78061474104103.jpg?itok=QS07uqcj

Aug 29-Sep 1 - talk show interviews maybe one each day and a press junket

Sep 2 - Album Released with Gma or Jimmy Kimmel performance

Do the Iheart Radio Festival and Apple and her whole press tour she did overseas

Second Single: (Better or Slumber Party)

Nov 4 - Released

Nov  11 - Music Video Released

Nov 20 - Amas Performance 

plus Victoria secret fashion show

21 hours ago, 3isacharm said:

This is what I woulda done

BBMA 2016 like it was the GH Medley

Make Me release in July

Original Make Me video released 2 weeks after the single dropped. Let Make me build steam 

released 2nd single Do You Wanna Come Over the week of the VMAs

Have her perform Make Me... and DYWCO at the VMAs as her triumphant return. 

DYWCO MV drops the week after the VMAs

Album release in September 

November release Slumber Party for the holiday/winter time with the MV we got

Early February last single JLM (as we thought we were gonna get that as lead single for V-Day) release with a classy and simple MV using IG stories to release teasers leading up to the release of the MV

release Mood Ring as an Asia exclusive single to accompany the release of Glory Japan Tour Edition with an Artistic MV (no Britney) and the 2nd CD would actually include the POM remixes and not just the album versions

i would  only add an edited version of love me down as 4th sinlge (edited like they did with crazy back in 1999) and a video of her dancing her *** off, right in time for an amazing performance at the billboards 2017.

BBMA - 2 performances

• Greatest Hits - real hits, not POM 2.0 promo
  • Make Me (ft. Missy Elliot)

1st Single - Make Me (original) video and song released midnight after the BBMA performance

VMA Performance - 2nd single premiere - Do You Wanna Come Over (same style as POM but bigger and better)

DYWCO video released a week later - video POM themed

3rd Single video/song premiere at around Christmas - Man On The Moon (winter themed)

Winter concert promo - different setlist: Work ***** // Womanizer // Man On The Moon // Do You Wanna Come Over // Make Me // Toxic // Break The Ice/Piece Of Me

4th Single song/video - Slumber Party (ft. Bruno Mars) ; video premiere during Grammys :selenerz: 

Archived