If you could've been in charge of the glory album...

Brunetteknee

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say fixing the pitch problems before releasing the album her voice sounds really strange and unnatural on some songs from the album (what you need & private show e.g) , releasing the original video of mm because it would actually help to promote the song unlike the cheap boring video they shoot later , and eventually I would choose a better cover for the album it deserves better.....:comingthru:

• An Actual Album Cover :

78291474104037.png?itok=VixGtBin

No Deluxe/Standard Edition, just one normal edition with all the tracks. Maybe a few changes in the order of the tracklist.

1- INVITATION
2- BETTER
3- PRIVATE SHOW
4- MAKE (FT. G-EAZY)
5- CHANGE YOUR MIND (NO SEAS CORTES)
6- LOVE ME DOWN
7- LIAR
8- MAN ON THE MOON
9- SLUMBER PARTY 
10- IF I'M DANCING
11- JUST LUV ME
12- HAR TO FORGET YA
13- JUST LIKE ME
14- CLUMSY
15- DO YOU WANNA COME OVER?
16- COUPURE ELECTRIQUE
17- MOOD RING
18- WHAT YOU NEED

• 3 real SINGLES/ 3 Promotional singles :

1. MOOD RING (promotional single/buzz single) : with a black & white music video of her in the backstage of the Vegas Show, recording her album, etc. It introduces the era.

2. PRIVATE SHOW (promotional single/perfume single) : It promotes the album, and the perfume, but with a promotional -full- music video, not just the 30sec video we had. 

3. SLUMBER PARTY (1st real single) : with no Tinashe, but the same music video. 

4. IF I'M DANCING (promotional single/buzz single) : with a Youtube kind of video with random people dancing.

5. BETTER (2d real single) : summer video, at the beach/or N-Y, good choreo.

6. MAKE ME (3d real single) : with a nice video in the desert, like the cover.

Write stronger choruses for the songs because many of them simply have beat drops or repetitive lines or words.

Make the instrumentals pack more of punch and more apparent behind Britney's vocals.

Britney would sing more songs in her lower register. For example, Private Show. 

Remove What You Need and Liar altogether. 

The album would not be titled Glory. It would be Private Show or Slumber Party. Booklet would be similar to V Magazine.

Love Me Down (released May 20, 2016) - debut performance at Billboard Music Awards May 22, 2016 - music video follows on VEVO May 23, 2016 - Jimmy Kimmel Live! May 25, 2016

Do You Wanna Come Over? (released July 15, 2016) - music video on VEVO July 29, 2016 -debut performance at MTV Video Music Awards August 28, 2016 (Invitation/Do You Wanna Come Over? Medley)

ALBUM RELEASE/Just Luv Me single release (September 2, 2016) - Ryan Seacrest September 2, 2016 - Ellen Season Premiere September 6, 2016 (Album interview, Just Luv Me performance, Piece of Me VIP Giveaway) - The Late Late Show With James Corden / Carpool Karaoke September 8, 2016 - Just Luv Me on VEVO September 9, 2016 - UK - Apple Music Festival September 27, 2016 - The Jonathan Ross Show October 1, 2016 

Clumsy (released December 8, 2016) - Apple Music and BEATS Holiday Ad Campaign - music video on VEVO December 30, 2016 - New Year's Rockin Eve December 31, 2016

Album... 

Private Show should have been a stand alone song for her commercial. I love the alibs etc but I don't think it should be on the album. Same goes with What You Need. I feel that their styles are different from the rest of the album. 

Liar - I love the alibs leaked version where you can hear her runs etc. I wish they were more prominent rather than layered in the background in the finalized version. 

Mood Ring should be in the deluxe edition so that everyone could enjoy its flawlessness. :lemmetellu:

9 hours ago, mr-photogenic said:

I only put 12 tracks. Thats it. No deluxe whatsoever. My tracklist will be:

1. Invitation
2. Make Me...
3. Just Luv Me
4. Slumber Party
5. Man On The Moon
6. Love Me Down
7. Hard To Forget Ya
8. Private Show
9. Do You Wanna Come Over
10. Better
11. Mood Ring
12. Coupure Electrique

You're insane for not including If I'm Dancing :byebitch:

The album remains an untouchable masterpiece that shouldn't be touched or changed. The album itself is legendary.

Now, being said that I would have changed the promo schedule and not give up after the first single, as well as release the original Make Me video. I wouldn't have released Slumber Party as the second single (it's one of my favorite Glory songs) but way too similar to Make Me.

I even love the cover, it fits with the title of the album and the content. 

Guest $elfish
2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The singles were fine. Britney's promotion was just garbage. Her name alone isn't selling point anymore.

Work ***** carried itself tho with 0 to no promo and became a moderate hit , mm and sp had a ton of more promo than work ***** but flopped

Change the entire tracklist 

1. Invitation
2. Mood Ring
3. Make Me
4. Just Luv Me
5. Man on the Moon
6. Clumsy
7. DYWCO
8. Slumber Party
9. If I'm Dancing
10. Love Me Down
11. Better
12. Change Your Mind 
13. Just Like Me
14. Liar
15. Coupure Electrique

Bonus Tracks 

16. Private Show
17. What You Need

Singles - Make Me (July-September), Just Luv Me (September-January), Love Me Down (January-April), Better (April-July) 

Leave Tinashe out of Slumber Party, the original was SO much better
Release the original MM music video 
Mood Ring could also be a single without a video 

Flawless era :hipney:

18 minutes ago, $elfish said:

Work ***** carried itself tho with 0 to no promo and became a moderate hit , mm and sp had a ton of more promo than work ***** but flopped

Work ***** was an underperformance. Scream & Shout was a global hit a year earlier, not to mention Femme Fatale had 3 back to back hit singles (#1, #3, #7) including another #1 for S&M Remix.

Hold It Against Me (#1, 411k)

Work ***** (#12, 174k)

That's a 230k decline in lead single first week sales. HIAM was also immensely hyped and had adequate promo. But there's still no reason for Britney to drop so low right after a hit single the past year. Had Work ***** received promo, it would have gone Top 10.

MM and SP both received great radio updates. However, the label couldn't do much to keep either alive because Britney can't be assed to do more than the bare minimum of single promoting anymore.

12 hours ago, 3isacharm said:

This is what I woulda done

BBMA 2016 like it was the GH Medley

Make Me release in July

Original Make Me video released 2 weeks after the single dropped. Let Make me build steam 

released 2nd single Do You Wanna Come Over the week of the VMAs

Have her perform Make Me... and DYWCO at the VMAs as her triumphant return. 

DYWCO MV drops the week after the VMAs

Album release in September 

November release Slumber Party for the holiday/winter time with the MV we got

Early February last single JLM (as we thought we were gonna get that as lead single for V-Day) release with a classy and simple MV using IG stories to release teasers leading up to the release of the MV

release Mood Ring as an Asia exclusive single to accompany the release of Glory Japan Tour Edition with an Artistic MV (no Britney) and the 2nd CD would actually include the POM remixes and not just the album versions

I like this idea. 

Archived