Shouldn't Britney Spears be a billionaire by now?!?!

KatLove

Well we don't know how well she invested or saved her money during her prime. Probably taking care of family also. Who knows? But it doesn't seem like she's super involved in a lot of other things. She has the perfumes sure but her lingerie line fizzled out, video game fizzled out. What ever happened to that girls camp she used to host? I know her restaurant NOLA also failed years ago. Other entertainers are super diversified. Like ppl like JayZ a lot of his money comes from outside ventures. 

But I doubt the c-ship is fully to blame, her conservators don't get that much compared to what she makes yearly. She's a millionaire and her dad makes like 100k a year. That's not excess money

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, cheri said:

how is that calling for "backup"? he is doing just fine without my help. he tagged me because he wanted me to see your comment so i could laugh :tiffcackle:

Lmao! It's calling for backup because he literally called you in for backup.Hardly doing fine without your help when he physically tagged you in for help :blol:

11 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

Well we don't know how well she invested or saved her money during her prime. Probably taking care of family also. Who knows? But it doesn't seem like she's super involved in a lot of other things. She has the perfumes sure but her lingerie line fizzled out, video game fizzled out. What ever happened to that girls camp she used to host? I know her restaurant NOLA also failed years ago. Other entertainers are super diversified. Like ppl like JayZ a lot of his money comes from outside ventures. 

But I doubt the c-ship is fully to blame, her conservators don't get that much compared to what she makes yearly. She's a millionaire and her dad makes like 100k a year. That's not excess money

Just know that Britney is fanancially good and has always been

Honey Britney is filthy rich trust me, therichest.com wrote an article a while back about most powerful women in the industry and Britney came 4th with over 600 million networth, she was right after madonna barbra and celine. The reason most of the websites and public dont know how big her networth is, is because of the cship, they wont tell and they are not planning on telling anyone what the real fortune behind Britney is. And if you ask me its for the best. She is probably over a billion by now :) 

12 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Even if she earned a billion dollars, she technically wouldn’t be worth a billion. With the conservatorship, all her assets belong to the conservators, and she just gets an allowance.

Either way, Britney is good finanancially and has always been

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
10 minutes ago, timito said:

Haha well it's too late now. But I'm not native English so if you can let this go :D 

I'm joking:myjam: But it was funny

The fact that she earned far more money after her prime should answer why some that have came after her are so rich: touring easily trumps record sales, unless you are the author of those songs.  

Yeah she had many endorsements during her prime, but touring is far more lucrative.  Stars are making far more this decade than the previous decade (s), especially since touring revenue is infinitely higher in the 2010s than 2000s. 

Regardless, she's obviously worth well over one hundred millions dollars given that she's earned over 430 million since 1999, if you've seen the Forbes lists. (Lists she still makes today)

1 hour ago, zxcvb said:

The fact that she earned far more money after her prime should answer why some that have came after her are so rich: touring easily trumps record sales, unless you are the author of those songs.  

Yeah she had many endorsements during her prime, but touring is far more lucrative.  Stars are making far more this decade than the previous decade (s), especially since touring revenue is infinitely higher in the 2010s than 2000s. 

Regardless, she's obviously worth well over one hundred millions dollars given that she's earned over 430 million since 1999, if you've seen the Forbes lists. (Lists she still makes today)

Then how did MJ become a billionaire in his prime?

Her network is isanely good? I don't know what you're thinking... just look at, for example, Janet Jackson? 

You cannot compare them(icons) with someone like Taylor but, no shade - compare Taylor to Britney and Janet within 15 years. I'm sure you get the point...

31 minutes ago, KatLove said:

Then how did MJ become a billionaire in his prime?

Well he wrote the majority of his songs (and he might be the highest selling solo artist ever which is different than Britney) and bought the publishing rights to the Beatles' catalog.  But he had money troubles around 2009. (His estate immediately after his death skyrocketed, of course.)

He did make a lot off  of touring but he had a lot of other revenue as well.  In the early 2000s, Britney was not a real touring force, but she was still the fourth highest grossing female of the decade.

2 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Well he wrote the majority of his songs (and he might be the highest selling solo artist ever which is different than Britney) and bought the publishing rights to the Beatles' catalog.  But he had money troubles around 2009. (His estate immediately after his death skyrocketed, of course.)

He did make a lot off  of touring but he had a lot of other revenue as well.  In the early 2000s, Britney was not a real touring force, but she was still the fourth highest grossing female of the decade.

Basically the bigger the star the richer you are.

22 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

:rihclap::rihclap::rihclap:

Everyone's so quick to forget those first three Primeney eras, but it's how people like me even became a fan. She was marketed towards girls, ages 10 and up. (I'm not jumping in this argument, I just had to praise this.)

Well of course, it's because she sang teen pop music like Taylor does now. Then again, if you really look at the industry, girls are the primary targets anyway because they buy the most popular music or at least their parents do for them.

Archived