Reality check, in case we're too harsh on Britney

Britisthebest

Just now, RedBloodedWoman said:

If it's "time to stop living in the past" stop expecting Primeney level performances which were much longer ago than 10 years:britstare11:You don't know what goes on behind closed doors & neither do any of us. The conservatorship is still in place & mental health issues don't just disappear, don't discredit her issues just because she's wealthy:nochillbrit:

I'm not expecting Primeney performances. I just want her to show her talent and that's it. And yes, we shouldn't discredit her issues, but at the same time it's been 10 years. She's in a much better place, and something that happened 10 years ago shouldn't be an excuse to not singing live or dancing. She's just ******* lazy and that's all. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

If it's "time to stop living in the past" stop expecting Primeney level performances which were much longer ago than 10 years:britstare11:You don't know what goes on behind closed doors & neither do any of us. The conservatorship is still in place & mental health issues don't just disappear, don't discredit her issues just because she's wealthy:nochillbrit:

OK, so either "She's not stupid or fragile, or a ******, she tours the world and sells millions, give her some credit!!

or

"omg stahp she went through so much, we don't know what her mental state is, respect that do not expect much from her!"

Which one is it?giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

It’s been said many times, but she probably likes the conservatorship in place. She has the legal right to ask for a lawyer to end it, but she hasn’t done that since 2008. Everything is taken care for her and she still has a ton of money to spend. It’s a good life she’s living.

Britney was mostly 'bullied' from 04-08.. but after that she was kinda treated like the most  fragile human being in the world, almost like a child, everything was excused. ... yes she was pushed to continue working when she probably wasn't ready but to say the media has been attacking her for the last 10 yrs is pretty ridiculous... almost every other female artist has had a worst media bashing moment than Britney in the last yrs and have bounced back... I agree that some people need more time and I really do think her passion will grow more and more and we will continue to see improvements.... :yeaok:

5 hours ago, lirebelde said:

If you think constant bullying doesnt hurt people's self-esteem, good for you. You don't need threaten someone life to make them feel like **** or not worthy, if were like that suicides cases from bullying wouldn't increase. There is no one who dares to say that britney was not bullied or mocked at that time.

I doubt I'll ever know who I might've been/what I might've been like if I hadn't had to deal with so much bullshit. I see the changes it made in me...I don't really like or trust people anymore. There's very few people I care about/care to be around. So yeah, I do acknowledge it ***** a person up. Point of the matter is that this is the woman's business. I realize I might sound two faced or in attack mode from what I've said in other posts (ball is in the fan's court for what they want to support in a celebrity's career). I'm just saying it doesn't take much to really take a LONG look at a career and see what needs improving. If there's something that needs improving, take the time to do it. 

I think it just lines up with the attitude of 'no longer having anything to prove'. I'm sorry, I just have the biggest hang up about that line because it bugs the **** out of me. Goodness knows I've ranted about that on other threads to the point of probably sounding like a broken record. It seems like a damn stubborn attitude to have when you're an entertainer because it sounds like you're not challenging yourself or you're gonna go backwards, whether you intend to or not. And tbh I could also see a lot of people being offended by the line from another point of view. "I'm Britney Spears, I could put out an album filled with snapping my fingers, burping and farting and my fans would buy it. They'd say how this album's iconic, it's slaying left and right, etc.  Instead of the reaction being: ":grimace: What the **** is THIS?" You had a thread filled with people excited that a singer sung "Happy Birthday" live. It's just bizarre to me. 

I never want to come across as being bitchy about my opinions. I just want to be honest if there's something I love, something I like, something I hate, something that annoys me, etc. I will absolutely give credit where it's due, I'm not going to be harsh or hateful about the stuff that doesn't seem right.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
4 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Who abused Brit the last 10 years?

Paparazzis / medias : Britney was the world's favorite putching ball, it was plain bullying

Sam Lufti : He abused her while she was at her most vulnerable state

Jive : They did put way too much pressure on her 

Her dad : Having an alcoholic father while growing up is not abuse, but it makes you emotionally fragile & insecure

Justin : He used her too

5 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Paparazzis / medias : Britney was the world's favorite putching ball 

Sam Lufti : he abused her while she was at her most vulnerable state

Jive : they did put way too much pressure on her 

Her dad : Having an alcoholic father while growing up is not abuse, but it makes you emotionally fragile & insecure

she says "the last 10 years" tho.

6 minutes ago, britisthecolor said:

she says "the last 10 years" tho.

So the medias & paparazzis can stay, as well as Sam Lufti and Jive

1 hour ago, glitterfalls said:

I doubt I'll ever know who I might've been/what I might've been like if I hadn't had to deal with so much bullshit. I see the changes it made in me...I don't really like or trust people anymore. There's very few people I care about/care to be around. So yeah, I do acknowledge it ***** a person up. Point of the matter is that this is the woman's business. I realize I might sound two faced or in attack mode from what I've said in other posts (ball is in the fan's court for what they want to support in a celebrity's career). I'm just saying it doesn't take much to really take a LONG look at a career and see what needs improving. If there's something that needs improving, take the time to do it. 

I think it just lines up with the attitude of 'no longer having anything to prove'. I'm sorry, I just have the biggest hang up about that line because it bugs the **** out of me. Goodness knows I've ranted about that on other threads to the point of probably sounding like a broken record. It seems like a damn stubborn attitude to have when you're an entertainer because it sounds like you're not challenging yourself or you're gonna go backwards, whether you intend to or not. And tbh I could also see a lot of people being offended by the line from another point of view. "I'm Britney Spears, I could put out an album filled with snapping my fingers, burping and farting and my fans would buy it. They'd say how this album's iconic, it's slaying left and right, etc.  Instead of the reaction being: ":grimace: What the **** is THIS?" You had a thread filled with people excited that a singer sung "Happy Birthday" live. It's just bizarre to me. 

I never want to come across as being bitchy about my opinions. I just want to be honest if there's something I love, something I like, something I hate, something that annoys me, etc. I will absolutely give credit where it's due, I'm not going to be harsh or hateful about the stuff that doesn't seem right.

You're my kind of people, thx for sharing your thoughts. giphy.gif

I agree that things that happen ten years ago can truly leave a devastating scar on you for a very long time.  My dad passed away in 2010 and I went through a lot of **** on top of it, things that had started in 2007/2008. I was struggling to finish my bachelor's, I gradually lost all of my friends and I went further into myself. It never stopped affecting me even now and I've been working hard on myself and my goals and dreams but my self esteem and confidence took a nose dive. I was a completely different person ten years ago and confidence wise I probably put myself out there way more than i have in recent years. It's really sad, honestly.  I've gotten through a lot looking at Britney as inspiration since she got through a really hard time in her life and never gave up. 

She might be wealthy but money doesn't really matter after you've clothed yourself, have shelter and have food in your stomach,  those are important (i know some of you might be waiting to twist my words on this,  so i mean excessive money after necessities paid, money struggles are a very real and serious problem that affects people deeply as well,  more so when you cannot get what you need to live) but my point being  some of the wealthiest people still go through terrible things,  things that effect them on a grand scale.  No matter who you are we are all human, no struggle is equal or comparable. There are deaths,  losses of friendship/love, legal troubles, loneliness,  etc that affect everyone. Britney did go through a lot with her break up,  her marriage and divorce,  having her kids taken from her,  the media was hell bent on destroying her career. People all over the world hated her for no reason other than she sang songs they didn't like and was **** on stage. She had high profile politicians saying they would shoot her if they had the chance basically because she was a bad "role model". Never mind that she was a young girl and got exploited in many ways,  but whatever. 

The point is Britney went through things that scarred her, I doubt she likes the cship.  And that's something that's lasted for 10 years. Just because things happened awhile ago, none of you can say when the limit is up for that person to stop feeling the effects of it. And on top of dealing with past things life doesn't stop happening meanwhile,  and more things pile on.

I get that she's very lucky,  she can do whatever she wants really at the end of the day she can take her kids to Hawaii and have fun while many of us don't have the opportunity. I also don't think she's fragile,  in fact i think she's kind of bratty about things.  But I think its not right to say she's should be over things by now. She's on her own path and its not going to be identical to anyone else's. I'm proud that she's never given up though,  even though she's not herself in her career anymore.  I get frustrated about the shittiness of her and her teams decisions,  the laziness,  the uncaring attitude towards fans who pay her way. That stuff is bullshit.  It's inexcusable.  

But... I can see what the op is trying to say in the comparison. I can't compare my journey with britney's either truly,  none of its know what she's gone through but it's enough that she changed 180 in the way she performs, she talks, walks,  etc. I think its worth acknowledging. 

However, to be clear,  the attitude of "I have nothing left to prove" is lazy and gross.  As a human and especially an artist you should always be improving and evolving. If you have nothing to strive for then what is the point of doing it? Id really like to see her grow and evolve as an artist, not lazily go through the motions. We are all going through things,  things that scar us and hurt us in deep and profound ways and while it can deter us a bit it should never stop us from moving forward and giving our best and I hope Britney realizes that one day because lbr she is not giving her best. 

Sorry but Britney chose to be public person, so she agreed by default to be under the critics of public.

Britney Spears is not abused by her fans, that is very inaccurate statement! She only got love, support and respect from us. 

But that doesn't mean that we should not be vocal about things that we do not like!

1 hour ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Paparazzis / medias : Britney was the world's favorite putching ball, it was plain bullying

Sam Lufti : He abused her while she was at her most vulnerable state

Jive : They did put way too much pressure on her 

Hmm I will just comment on paparazzi/media part: Sorry but Britney in many ways was seeking on purpose attention from them.

She's grown up women, she has to pay consequences for her bad behavior! 

I really believe she's aware of that, so fans should accept that too.

39 minutes ago, AndrejBLV said:

Hmm I will just comment on paparazzi/media part: Sorry but Britney in many ways was seeking on purpose attention from them.

She's grown up women, she has to pay consequences for her bad behavior! 

I really believe she's aware of that, so fans should accept that too.

Except she was harassed by the paparazzis years before she even started to behave badly.

And I don't think she did those things on purpose, the way she behaved, that's someone having a mental disorder

Not just the head shaving, but also the way she was running around everywhere, being all agited & excited at times, then acting dramatic and angry, then crying.

Manic depression 

6 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Except she was harassed by the paparazzis years before she even started to behave badly

And I don't think she did those things on purpose. The way she behaved, that's someone having a mental disorder

Not just the head shaving, but also the way she was running around everywhere, being all agited and excited at times, then acting dramatic and angry, then crying.

Manic depression

She provocated media way before her dark period. Then after media helped her to become huge, she wanted them to go away. Life doesn't work like that.

I agree that she behaved weird in her dark period, because of her mental issues but again before her crazy episodes,she chose to go out every night even she had tow babies at home etc. 

All that **** is past now, but she's guilty on the same level as media.

30 minutes ago, AndrejBLV said:

She provocated media way before her dark period. Then after media helped her to become huge, she wanted them to go away. Life doesn't work like that.

I agree that she behaved weird in her far period, because of her mental issues but again before her crazy episodes,she chose to go out every night even she had tow babies at home etc. 

All that **** is past now, but she's guilty on the same level as media.

In late 2006, that was already plain and simple manic depression

She acted erratic all the way from late 2006 to early 2008

She wanted the medias to go away ? Not really, she said she wanted a little more privacy, and that's a fair and human request :girlwhat:

3 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

In late 2006, that was already plain and simple manic depression

She acted erratic all the way from late 2006 to early 2008

She wanted the medias to go away ? Not really, she said she wanted a little more privacy, and that's a fair and human request :girlwhat:

She provocate media in 2003/04/05 too. 

55 minutes ago, AndrejBLV said:

She provocate media in 2003/04/05 too. 

Lol but none of the things she did was to provocate the medias.

She was the big media's obsession since 1999, all of her movements were analyzed and criticized. so she didn't need to provocate them to have their attention 

That was a young girl having fun in Hollywood, in her own right, after having been over controlled by her label :sofedup:

Archived