Reality check, in case we're too harsh on Britney

Britisthebest

In response to the negative threads happening right now... With good reason, imho, because I'm kinda fed up too.

It does take a while for people to bounce back and regain their previous skills and passion. Case in point: One of my good friends, who was a science major in college, recently asked ME, a humanities person, for help with a science thing. WTF. It freaked me out that this brave, adventurous, vibrant person has become so insecure when it comes to a simple task in her field. But this happened because 1. Abusive advisor in grad school, bullied her so much, she dropped out. 2. Abusive relatives, who hound her on social media. 3. Abusive neighbors, who yell at her during neighborhood functions. 4. Kids. She puts all her nurturing into her kids now instead of herself. 5. Lack of confidence due to being out of work for so long. She's still awesome in other ways, but she's insecure now when it comes to work. 

Sound a little like Britney? 

So, yeah. Britney could step it up.  But her losing her skills and confidence AND not playing it up when she is doing well happens to people in the real world all the time. Like Britney putting crappy dance videos of herself on IG reminds me of my friend's Facebook posts. She downplays her actual self so much. This is just what happens when you've gotten used to people hurling abusive crap at you all the time.

I don't know what it will take for Britney to get it all back, but I'm trying to break my friend out of her shell now and remind her she is good at this science thing. She's very brave AND intuitive, vibrant. So special.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

This whole thread doesn't make sense. Not to be mean, I hope your friend gets back to 100% but it's werird to compare this to Britney. 

Yes therea is a noticeable difference that person  probably was bulled by her social circle what leaves sequel in your self-esteem and personal confidence,  britney was bulled in a global scale mocked and humillated by many people due her stardom and even today she is.

1 minute ago, lirebelde said:

Yes therea is a noticeable difference that person  probably was bulled by her social circle and what leaves sequel, britney was bulled in a global scale mocked and humillated by many people due stardom and even today she is.

We don't know what Britney saw and there was no one threatening her life. 

I just don't think we can compare the two when we don't know what is the main reason for the breakdown 

10 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I just don't think we can compare the two when we don't know what is the main reason for the breakdown 

If you think constant bullying doesnt hurt people's self-esteem, good for you. You don't need threaten someone life to make them feel like **** or not worthy, if were like that suicides cases from bullying wouldn't increase. There is no one who dares to say that britney was not bullied or mocked at that time.

1 minute ago, lirebelde said:

If you think constant bullying doesnt hurt people's self-esteem, good for you. You don't need threaten someone life to make them feel like **** or not worthy, if were like that suicides cases from bullying wouldn't increase.

I didn't say any of that. But you are acting like Britney saw or cared about every single criticism we saw during that time.

Obviously she was aware of some of it 

52 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

this.

1 hour ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Who abused Brit the last 10 years?

ikr? wtf is OP on :weirdmeout:

Just now, Spearsfan said:

I know Britney situation is difficult and everyone judging but at the end of the day no one has committed a crime. 

The op is literally talking about acts that could be legally charged 

Yup. Seems like OP is trying hard to shove his friend's situation down our throats, unnecessarily.

btw Image result for britney i love you gif

*me bracing myself for Exhell reactions*

*me seeing reactions: "Yep. Sounds like Exhell!"* 

What kind of ***** are people on here that they don't think Britney has been abused the last 10 years? It's only VERY recently that people are nice to her. When POM started, people ridiculed her. When she finally performed at the VMAs last year, people were still ridiculing her. Doing that STILL took guts!

And oh btw, if you think I'm unnecessarily comparing my friend's situation to Britney's, then you need to check your empathy and compassion skills. Her situation is very similar to Britney's, except Britney deals with it on a global scale.  

Yeesh, trying to be a nice human being on here and relating a personal experience and people jump all over it. Not surprised at all. Whatever, back to real life.

19 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

I'm sorry but nope. It's been 10 years. It's time to stop living in the past and her problems, she has a better life than most of us. She has nothing to  complain about. 

If it's "time to stop living in the past" stop expecting Primeney level performances which were much longer ago than 10 years:britstare11:You don't know what goes on behind closed doors & neither do any of us. The conservatorship is still in place & mental health issues don't just disappear, don't discredit her issues just because she's wealthy:nochillbrit:

Archived