Why hasn't female top stars after Britney competed Britney's peak/prime?

KatLove

4 minutes ago, jj_boha said:

Lady Gaga had her peak 

teas :milkney:

Gaga was huge with the fame monster

not sure with born this way

Britney was huge with

Baby, Oops, Britney and had a boost with Toxic and then another with Circus and Femme Fatale :ponderney:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, blacklistedd said:

mmmm yes and no. on Gagadaily its not so much what you say but how you say it. if you're even mildly too aggressive, as I am, youll be reported and confronted by a mod almost immediately. so theres a lot more freedom of expression here and on atrl, because here theres no real boundaries. I think Britney stans are some of those most defensive though, you can barely say anything negative about her without getting a response coming at you lol but idk.

I feel like with Gaga in general theres this mentality of needing to criticize her somewhat so as not to appear like a stereotypically delusional little monster. so there are times in which people over compensate with the negativity and ultimately end up trashing her lol and then people defend her to that person and that person starts defending their negative opinion, then in the past theyve like gotten annoyed by the defensiveness and denounced her altogether. the monster "world" i guess is really weird. idk if that happens here.

no it doesnt happen here. its full of delusional stans who make up all kinds of excuses for Britney and very few dare criticize her. even for things like her blatant lack of rehearsals and laziness.

10 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

Britney was huge with

Baby, Oops, Britney and had a boost with Toxic and then another with Circus and Femme Fatale :ponderney:

The Fame and The Fame Monster.

Born This Way was divisive and ultimately kind of split opinions and some people dropped off. But it sold over a mill its first week (still over 800k if you inevitably mention the amazon sale) and ended the year just behind in Adele in selling the most records. And its tour would have been her second to land in the highest grossing pop tours of all time, had it not been for her having to cancel the last leg on account of her hip  surgery.

She had 3 eras that caught everyones attention and wallets. It was ARTPOP that was like her figurative death (although quite honestly I guess at the end of the born this way era she was already dying but I mean....her thanksgiving special was still surprisingly watched by 4million people so I feel like thats saying something lol).

8 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

Britney was huge with

If u are including Circus and Femme fatale for Britney I'm not sure why u are hesitating for born this way.

The truth is Britney wasn't huge in 2011. Successful yes but not huge.

1 hour ago, JP9101 said:

Britney was huge with

Including Britney but not including Born This Way is a joke.

If we are talking PEAK, Britney PEAKED Oops era. The Britney era was a massive flop in the States, Crossroads was panned and the Justin breakup happened, which was the beginning of Britney's decline. Kissing Madonna / Toxic saved her in the United States. 

Circus and Femme Fatale shouldn't even be in this thread.

Also Gaga's reign began with Poker Face (arguably Just Dance), not The Fame Monster.

That being said, Gaga is the only person who came close as far as being a phenomenon. All eyes were on her, everyone wanted to see her performances, everyone was waiting to see what she'd wear. She was the last giant captivating pop diva before everyone started trying to be taken seriously and make all this boring music we're stuck with now. 

32 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

If we are talking PEAK, Britney PEAKED Oops era. The Britney era was a massive flop in the States, Crossroads was panned and the Justin breakup happened, which was the beginning of Britney's decline. Kissing Madonna / Toxic saved her in the United States. 

Also Gaga's reign began with Poker Face (arguably Just Dance), not The Fame Monster.

That being said, Gaga is the only person who came close as far as being a phenomenon. All eyes were on her, everyone wanted to see her performances, everyone was waiting to see what she'd wear. She was the last giant captivating pop diva before everyone started trying to be taken seriously and make all this boring music we're stuck with now. 

Ok m, I was just giving an opinion

:beynah:

I was just a kid, I just remember britney still so popular after slave released :rude2me: all ny ******* school talk about her :kesha:

born this way was big but Idk 

I'm sure her peak was the era with bad romance 

2 hours ago, blacklistedd said:

I mentioned Adele and Taylor Swift in my response for a reason though, yes they have numbers, but thats literally all they have. Neither have an all encompassing phenomenon in the same vein as Britney did back in her heyday or Gaga. Honestly Beyonce in the states rivals Britneys phenomena as well, but her numbers arent that impressive by comparison.

And quite honestly Adele or Taylor doing just over a mill on their first week is like this gasp worthy feat. Back in Britneys heyday that was just the norm. It still isnt comparable.

So basically we are waiting for someone to emerge who has the impact and numbers to back it up and iconic in everything that person does.

1 hour ago, ITZFFGL said:

I don't get why u're calling the Britney era a massive flop. Yes, the album didn't produce any hits in the US but it was still selling very well without any, so who cares?

We're not going to call, say, Stripped a successful era because it had radio/chart hits (Beautiful, Fighter) and Britney a massive flop when the US album sales look like this, are we?

Britney: 5,200,000

Stripped: 4,600,000

http://chartmasters.org/2017/06/cspc-britney-spears-popularity-analysis-new/6/

http://chartmasters.org/2017/03/cspc-christina-aguilera-popularity-analysis/6/

Not to mention the DAWD tour which grossed 72M $ (2016) solely from US dates (and 1 Japan date).

Also didn't Britney top Forbes in 2002? She was more than fine during the Britney era. She didn't need to be saved like u're putting it.

Although I'm not quite sure why the talk is only about the US.

2 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

You're aware the singles from Britney only flopped because of the Clear Channel radio ban right? Regardless of how they peaked in the US, the album still sold well, the tour grossed well and if we go yes... outside the US, most if not all of the singles were international hits. In the Zone also had big hits WW and sold well, Toxic has arguably become her biggest track that still gets more daily streams than her "peak" Oops, so what's the tea sis? :forkit:

6 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

How dare you question Adele's *** appeal. I know lots of guys who fantasise about her wearing black latex bodysuits and pouring milk all over herself in a seductive manner :milkney:

"you couldn't handle the hot heat rising"- Adele (Send My Love to Your New Lover) 

Different time too. Britney comes before Youtube era. It's hard to explain but everything is overexposed now. With a click of your mouse button, you can have everything. There is no sense of mystery and urge to know what's coming next from an artist. Back then there were only radios, magazines,  MTV, Channel V, Billboard to name a few. You have to sit in front of your TV patiently to watch music videos especially the latest ones. Michael Jackson broadcasted all of his latest short films globally simultaneously after news broadcast.

Seriously, you will not going to see something like this anymore. The fans mania, hysteria etc. Fans gone into total hysteria, fainting etc. That alone levels up the status of Michael Jackson mania. That's why there was a quote that says, "There are stars, there are superstars, there are megastars and then there's Michael Jackson."

19 minutes ago, Jay83 said:

Different time too. Britney comes before Youtube era. It's hard to explain but everything is overexposed now. With a click of your mouse button, you can have everything. There is no sense of mystery and urge to know what's coming next from an artist. Back then there were only radios, magazines,  MTV, Channel V, Billboard to name a few. You have to sit in front of your TV patiently to watch music videos especially the latest ones. Michael Jackson broadcasted all of his latest short films globally simultaneously after news broadcast.

Seriously, you will not going to see something like this anymore. The fans mania, hysteria etc. Fans gone into total hysteria, fainting etc. That alone levels up the status of Michael Jackson mania. That's why there was a quote that says, "There are stars, there are superstars, there are megastars and then there's Michael Jackson."

Wow how accurate is that!!! Part of me thinks the reason why we haven't had a person emerge in this century that can captivate the world like stars before is that, it has to be special. It has to be a once in a lifetime talent. Very rare.

The music industry has changed since primeney as they to. Look at todays music. Songs like Genie in a Bottle, BOMT, Like a Prayer and such would never been hits if they were released today. It is all about DJs and such nowadays. Pure pop music has been gone and the new generation does not buy cds, they stream or illegally download everything and artists like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Demi Lovato cannot sell out big venues any more (at least in Belgium they can't ). Only ones that sell out are djs like David Guetta, Rihanna, Adele, Taylor Swift and if they were alive MJ, Prince .....

GPs music taste has changed. Pop has changed. Singles were dying and now albums are dying cause everything is digital and people don't stan artists that much anymore.

The only one to compete Primeney would be Rihanna and Beyonce as they have hit after hit

Archived