What really pissed me off about Britney.

indyRS

Don't worry it's a positive thread. (Title had to lure ya in!)

The GP crowd these days seems to be more generic than ever.

I thought it was bad in 2011, but the past two years are worse.

The GO applauds love singing(albeit it's not the greatest for most performers) and just jumping around the stage with okay choreo.

What the hell happened to going on stage and owning it. Slaying out moves, and I mean moves that risk you injuring yourself bad if done wrong. Laying on a *** appeal like it was your last day ever.

You can say Brit didn't sing live most the time but she had a voice. And she worked that voice like nobody's business.

So I'm mad that Britney still isn't appreciated as much as she should.

20+ years after 2004 she should be still praised for her dancing.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest $elfish

Agree with everything except 2011 was bad :triggered: 2011 was a good year for music much better than this year and last year in 2011 we had bops like femme fatale , s&m , super bass etc

Because the new crop of performers don't hold a candle to the performers of the past. Back then literally everyone apart from P!nk danced.

Britney, JLO, Beyonce, Justin, etc. even Christina busted out some good choreo.

The reason Beyonce is regarded as the ultimate performer these days is because nobody else can ******* dance. Britney isn't what she used to be so there's really nobody else that can command the stage. JLO pops up here and there but she's irrelevant in the pop scheme now.

2 hours ago, $elfish said:

Agree with everything except 2011 was bad :triggered: 2011 was a good year for music much better than this year and last year in 2011 we had bops like femme fatale , s&m , super bass etc

All of which have aged like spoiled milk. I'm so glad that Kesha / Katy Perry era is over, everything sounded so redundant and bland. Like cheap bubblegum that loses it's flavor after 3 minutes.

21 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

All of which have aged like spoiled milk. I'm so glad that Kesha / Katy Perry era is over, everything sounded so redundant and bland. Like cheap bubblegum that loses it's flavor after 3 minutes.

I never liked the kesha trend. I liked a few of Katy's bops like California girls and teenage dream but there was so many songs I couldn't stand..i didn't even like that shitty plastic bag song.

5 minutes ago, Justney said:

I never liked the kesha trend. I liked a few of Katy's bops like California girls and teenage dream but there was so many songs I couldn't stand..i didn't even like that shitty plastic bag song.

Literally everything sounded the same at one point. Tik Tok California Gurls DJ Got Us Fallin In Love Dynamite was literally one song sung by different artists.

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Literally everything sounded the same at one point. Tik Tok California Gurls DJ Got Us Fallin In Love Dynamite was literally one song sung by different artists.

Omg you're ******* right.  It seems like it was just yesterday. That shitty ******** dj song was always playing. Everything sounded the same.  I bet will i am was living for that year though,  it was right up his boom boom boom alley. 

4 minutes ago, Justney said:

Omg you're ******* right.  It seems like it was just yesterday. That shitty ******** dj song was always playing. Everything sounded the same.  I bet will i am was living for that year though,  it was right up his boom boom boom alley. 

That album was the originator of that trash era. Especially this song...

I did like Meet Me Halfway though, wish that would have gotten the success this did.

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I did like Meet Me Halfway though, wish that would have gotten the success this did.

Hahaha omg yes, yes it's all coming back now. God I hate all these ******* songs. I actually agree though, Meet Me Halfway is a jam. I used to like it a lot because it was used on some fan music video thing I was into back in the day.

4 hours ago, --- said:

it almost seems like they've been purposely dismantling her legacy so she can live a normal life :receipts2:

But assuming you were right; aren't they being utterly stupid? If her team wants to help Britney to retire, they should have ended it after Circus, at least leave with a bang. The only theory that I could think of is they are milking off Britney  down her spine for money ever since c-ship started. The c-ship started with a good intention but it has lasted for so long that it becomes questionable now. 

I'm not a really fan of Britney but I really admire her for her contribution in pop music industry so question; when did C-Ship really started to roll? During Circus, she was pretty much IDGAF but her dance execution was still there. The energy was there. The swag and attitude were still there. I heard that she thought the C-Ship (Or was it children custody?) was temporarily. My then theory is that she changes drastically after c-ship (Or was it children custody) becomes permanent.  I believe heavy medicines intake affect her focus, agility and movement as a dancer and overall, an entertainer. Honestly, it's difficult and sad  to witness a spontaneous fierce dancer morphs into a dancer who counts every step.

What I find disappointing the most is she was seen as the heir of pop royalty to Michael and Madonna. Everything deteriorates quickly post Femme Fatale. They should have let Britney take a long rest or retire after Circus.

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

oh my god, i used to LOVE the Black Eyed Peas then Boom Boom Pow came and dug its way into my ears and made them bleed in high school

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Good for them having the success but wow, I gotta a feeling is a very normal and basic song and it was #1 for 6 months I think. 

Guest $elfish
4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Not that I really hate  that era,  Kesha's era was all basically autotuining the **** out of it , shes a nice person and I feel bad for what happened to her with dr Luke but her music is shitty

i have to admit kitty purry had some good bops 

like wide awake , this is how we do , dark horse 

2011 was hood apart from most of the songs sounding the same. But to be fair, I only listened to pop music when around family and friends that liked it, except Britney, Taylor & Katy.

I also think Britney should bust out those love songs again that she tried back in the day but flopped (you know its true, don't come for me) since that seems to get the hits these days.

The GP taste in music is kinda gross IMO with how it has to be so simple and catchy with the same lyrics flying everywhere. Makes me wish Work ***** was released the past two years though. It would've had a chance in top 3 at least (or not with her flop team).

Archived