We all keep talking about how Britney needs an image change, so what would you have her do?

Shadow.

58 minutes ago, AndrejBLV said:

Finally somebody with great thread! This should be pinned!

She needs to stop with childish and cheesy music, MVs and performances.

She needs more serious approach to her career and image. We need mature and artistic Britney.

Britney doesn't give a **** about the Britney persona because she rather be who she is. Why don't people listen to her? She said it very clear in her most recent interview. SHE IS DONE LIVING HER LIFE TO PLEASE OTHER PEOPLE.

There's nothing cheesy about her music either, Glory is very mature in comparison to other albums of her, and the problem with Glory was NOT the music but the public not being aware of it and whether we like it or not, it's not because Britney didn't do promo because she did, she even did things she has never done before!! But because her team never chooses the right promo for her. The only cheesy thing we got this year was Make Me and I agree to an extent that that turned off the mood for most people. Slumber Party had a great video, but I don't believe it showed diversity from the album and there was never enough promo for it. However, we did get to see a more mature and raw Britney. Even the performance for Slumber Party - most people think it's boring but it is more mature.

So make up your mind (general you, not you specifically), you want her to do more mature stuff, but when she does then you want her to dance like she's 17... Then you wonder why she doesn't care about fans opinions, it's because most people are never satisfied!!!! You support her for selfish reasons.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Her image is fine and if it needs to be changed let it be what Britney wants

There's nothing childish or cheesy about her music

Did you not listen to Glory or other mature songs she has done over the years

Her mature songs are few and far between. And Glory, while good, was kinda cheesy. Nearly all the tracks are about *** or dancing and, in some songs, the lyrics sound like something Katy Perry would sing (like the metaphors in SP).

7 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

Britney doesn't give a **** about the Britney persona because she rather be who she is. Why don't people listen to her? She said it very clear in her most recent interview. SHE IS DONE LIVING HER LIFE TO PLEASE OTHER PEOPLE.

There's nothing cheesy about her music either, Glory is very mature in comparison to other albums of her, and the problem with Glory was NOT the music but the public not being aware of it and whether we like it or not, it's not because Britney didn't do promo because she did, she even did things she has never done before!! But because her team never chooses the right promo for her. The only cheesy thing we got this year was Make Me and I agree to an extent that that turned off the mood for most people. Slumber Party had a great video, but I don't believe it showed diversity from the album and there was never enough promo for it. However, we did get to see a more mature and raw Britney. Even the performance for Slumber Party - most people think it's boring but it is more mature.

So make up your mind (general you, not you specifically), you want her to do more mature stuff, but when she does then you want her to dance like she's 17... Then you wonder why she doesn't care about fans opinions, it's because most people are never satisfied!!!! You support her for selfish reasons.

What Britney brings to the table careerwise is our opinion. 

At the end of the day it's her job and we are the customers. Ppl can stop supporting her and they have but that doesn't mean our opinions are selfish or don't matter.

Most ppl want to improve their brand so more ppl are interested. 

If you reach the point of not caring  then it's time  to find something you care about. Moving on from Britney or Britney moving on from the industry.

She needs re invent herself completely. She can't age and do what she's doing now forever at some point she's gonna be too old to be lipping "I know I may be young" she's gotta start maturing she's so stuck in the wrong decade she needs to keep up w the changes of the world and industry 

3 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

What Britney brings to the table careerwise is our opinion. 

At the end of the day it's her job and we are the customers. Ppl can stop supporting her and they have but that doesn't mean our opinions are selfish or don't matter.

Most ppl want to improve their brand so more ppl are interested. 

If you reach the point of not caring  then it's time  to find something you care about. Moving on from Britney or Britney moving on from the industry.

No, it is not our opinion. She is not a product, she's a breathing human being that brings feelings and emotions to life, that's what music is. She is free to do with her art what she wants and she should never feel trapped for the sake of pleasing others. She should do with her life whatever makes her happy, and neither she or any person should let other people shape their dreams and expectations of life. Because yes, it is selfish for people to want her to stop being happy for the sake of her making others happy.

She needs a complete overhaul.

• Better music. No more trend-hopping and being inspired by Selena and Ariana. Good lyrics and no more "Make Me Ooohh Oooohh" and "We got them candles hanging from the ceiling low". It's 2017 and people expect more grown up and interesting lyrics (even if it's about ***).
  • Albums must be cohesive and with a theme.
  • No more stupid songs about *** and being Lolita.
  • MVs that are actually good and have a cohesive story. The original Perfume video had lots of potential and it showed a lot of artistic growth but it was scrapped to end up replaced by a **** video.
  • No more desperate attempts at being ****. The original MM video was super trashy and the one we got was just awful with the *** in the end and everything else. The SP video was just stupid with those costumes that look straight out of a kids birthday party. Those scenes with Tinashe were really childish and the only worthy part of the video was the milk scenes (thanks Madonna for the inspiration). That BOM video she shot last year was trashy and seemed even more desperate than anything Madonna has done these last five years. Britney is at her hottest when she doesn't try too hard.
  • No more lipsyncing. Sing the ballads live and pre-record the other songs. Make sure the pre-recorded track doesn't sound exactly like the record and is on the same volume and quality as her live vocals.
  • No more baby voice. Start singing in her original tone (which is actually hotter than her baby voice). Her baby voice sounds so cringy in Slumber Party. She's 35 and still trying to sound like an 8-year-old girl.
  • Get vocal lessions. Nobody expects her to start singing well after not doing that after all these years. Even in her prime, her voice cracked a lot and she struggled a lot when singing). Vocal lessions would probably fix that and make her more pleasant.
  • Dance. That's something she hasn't done properly since 2004 (apart from a few rehearsels). I do mean dance, not flipping your hair and shaking your ***. She needs get good choreo and she MUST NOT change it.
  • Good costumes. She hasn't had a GREAT outfit since Circus and I'm sick of her running around on stage in cheap leotards or panties.
  • Great visuals. Stop being cheap and make great visuals for the tour and live performances.
  • Start trying to appeal to the GP and not just to white gays on stan Twitter (no offense).
  • Also: No more lipfillers. Good make up and hair. Great red carpet looks. Saying intersting stuff in interviews. Talk about your album.
47 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Her mature songs are few and far between. And Glory, while good, was kinda cheesy. Nearly all the tracks are about *** or dancing and, in some songs, the lyrics sound like something Katy Perry would sing (like the metaphors in SP).

She has lots of mature songs 

1. In terms of physical image she should bring her old facial features back. If the nose job can't be undone, then at least stop with the lip fillers. And if there's something she needs to work on her face that would be the wrinkles. Also she doesn't need to experiment a lot on makeup, I am content with how she used to look pre-FF eras.
  2. Musically, she has 2 options. Continue with the dance pop genre she is known for or experiment on a different genre. Or at least attempt to incorporate other genre to her sound and see how that works for her and her audience - country, soft rock, R&B, hip-hop, idk she used to experiment with her music a lot and started trends (electropop, dubstep, etc.), but recently she was the one joining trends (Belinda Jocasta, Glory).
  3. Performances - need I say more? Its good that she has a live band, but please bring back the background vocalists. If live singing is really a challenge for her now, then use pre-recorded vocals. But please, sing live, even for just three or four songs in a setlist, or some lines per song. It is sad that we are being deprived of the very nature of her career - singing. If dancing is a challenge again, then she should stop dancing. I mean it's all or nothing. She could give us a stripped down performance with just idk a guitar or piano I would be happy with that instead of her constantly embarrassing herself by doing granny zumba moves. Also, interact some more. I don't understand what's stopping her from being more interactive, but giving scripted interactions to your fans is very terrible. To summarize, she should watch her pre-breakdown concert tours and school herself again with the art of a Britney performance.
  4. Costumes - she should start employing designers to design costumes for her instead of wearing lingerie and leotards from Walmart or Sears. She is Britney ******* Spears, she can afford them!
  5. If she's still into collaborations, then she should collaborate with people who will help her grow artistically. From music video directors to guest vocalists. No more D-listers please, we're talking about the woman who shared the stage with Michael Jackson and Madonna.
  6. World tour! 4 years of exclusively performing in one city is a cruel punishment to fans all over the world.
  7. Try to be more articulate and less boring in interviews. I still believe that Britney is not a dumb ***** whose vocabulary is limited to "cool" and "yeah". Try to let loose a little.

that's all i can think of as of the moment

She needs to be on top of the game, as much as I can't stand Beyonce she knows exactly what to do. Britney needs to go that route .

Ditch the bleach blonde hair, but don't go black or incredibly dark. High fashion costumes instead of leotards and underwear. Real music, CLEAR vocals, lyrics with meaning, TOUR. 

I really think she needs to stop trying to be ****. I feel like at 35 she might be struggling with feeling old and feeling **** and its translating on stage but the thing is she can be **** at 35.. And 45 and beyond,  but as you age you gotta transition what sexiness means to you. At 20 being overtly in your face ****** makes sense when you're discovering your own sexuality but at 35 as a mother of two that's a bit much.  The ******** pole is trashy. A seasoned veteran pop star squating around a pole is desperate and try hard,  it's something that doesn't even go for her general aesthetic or brand but it does bring her brand down a lot.

Some of the leotards are **** when they look designer but  primney was **** in just a top and low rise jeans.  I Think that's something she could bring back.  Primneys clothing was often experimental,  cut up clothing that looked interesting and made her look good when she moved. 

The visuals are lacking a lot. I don't get the lesbian vibes from slumber party.  It just seemed phoney and gimmicky ... the milk licking scene was gross and sorry but it was kind of trashy, just like the *** plot in make me.  Idk who is trying to push her as a has been **** star but they need to be fired. I did however like the cage scene from the original because it threw back to toxic but still.

She doesn't have to be **** all the time.  I actually appreciated perfume mv for the story in it,  even though its cut up and kind of boring, it wasn't just milk licking on a table in front of some stone faced man, some ambiguous lesbian scene or anything,  it had a bit of depth even in the cut up version we got. 

And for music, I'd love another bom which I feel is infinitely more mature than do you wanna come over or slumber party,  especially for a 35 year old mother of two. 

I agree that Britney should be happy and do what she wants but if she wants her career to progress she does have to mature her image and sound honestly.  I don't like the gp calling her a trashy has been or godney... I want her to be respected. Madonna is respected,  mj was respected,  now Britney should be respected but she has to work on it if she wants that. And yeah she could care less but she'll continue to lose her fans as well which I don't want to see happen. 

If she can't sing live then I think prerecorded is important and if she can get into the studio to make albums I don't know why she can't do this. 

A conceptual album would be really good for her too and visually I'd love to see more artistic expression in her photos. How many more promo pics and album covers do we need of just her face? Some of her greatest pics were not her standing face forward in a short dress touching her face...

I don't think these things make her particularly happy either, aside from maybe the music she was making on glory,  but I'd love to see her experiment in other sounds than dance pop. I think she's just lost on what she could be doing, she's out of touch which is understandable. But her team doesn't present her with new ideas,  they cling to old worn out ideas because of the nostalgia factor. That can't last at this rate. 

And finally the choreography needs to be 1000 times better.  This doesn't mean she needs to be doing matm dance breaks but she needs to be fluid and move and feel the music,  not count steps and pose while flapping her arms around. She can move slower and more sensual as long as she feels it. 

She can do a lot of the things she likes to do now but done a little differently. Hell if she got proper pole dancing lessons and used it artistically in performance that'd be ****! Like pink with those curtain things... I'm blanking on the name,  but strength and passion are hot and beyond **** compared to wearing cheap lingerie and doing dollar store ******** moves to look ****. 

Anyway I'm ready for those downvotes. 

musically I prefer a more R&B sound. Fashion and music is always repeating itself. I think the late 90's/early 2000 r&b/slow jams  sound is gonna come back sooner or later. It would be nice to see her tap into this style of music. I can totally hear her sing her version of Toni Braxton's you're making me high. She wouldn't even need to have full on choreography...but she would definitely need to take some swag classes.

An image change should start with a stylist and a proper make up artistLook at all the it girls now....even when they are dressed casually, they always look so put together. I know Britney has always been a denim and work-out-gear type of girl...and there are many ways to achieve this look without looking like a hot mess. She needs to generate some interest and look the part first before releasing a new sound. 

While we're at it, I also think she needs more personal songs that's not about ***, kids or god. 

7 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Her image is fine and if it needs to be changed let it be what Britney wants

There's nothing childish or cheesy about her music

Did you not listen to Glory or other mature songs she has done over the years

There is a lot childish music, for example perfume and pretty girls.

Also she needs to stop to sing in her baby voice, she's grown up women it doesn't suits her anymore.

Glory is good step in right direction, but still we need more serious approach to her career. GP and fans are sick that she's doing the same **** for 20 years, and let's be realistic she's failing to meet expectations from her past.

She needs new formula for her career, for example if you can not dance like in her prime, why she puts focus on her dancing!?

There is plenty ways to make interesting and memorable performance instead of embarrassing her self on that stage.

She did way more mature songs in her past then now.

And when I say we need more mature Brit I don't say she has to sing about ***. (She can do it, but she needs to work on more mature and serious lyrics). As I said Glory is good step in right direction, but still we need more of Britney.

If she can not offer more of herself as an artist what does she still doing in business!?

5 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

She needs a complete overhaul.

• Better music. No more trend-hopping and being inspired by Selena and Ariana. Good lyrics and no more "Make Me Ooohh Oooohh" and "We got them candles hanging from the ceiling low". It's 2017 and people expect more grown up and interesting lyrics (even if it's about ***).
  • Albums must be cohesive and with a theme.
  • No more stupid songs about *** and being Lolita.
  • MVs that are actually good and have a cohesive story. The original Perfume video had lots of potential and it showed a lot of artistic growth but it was scrapped to end up replaced by a **** video.
  • No more desperate attempts at being ****. The original MM video was super trashy and the one we got was just awful with the *** in the end and everything else. The SP video was just stupid with those costumes that look straight out of a kids birthday party. Those scenes with Tinashe were really childish and the only worthy part of the video was the milk scenes (thanks Madonna for the inspiration). That BOM video she shot last year was trashy and seemed even more desperate than anything Madonna has done these last five years. Britney is at her hottest when she doesn't try too hard.
  • No more lipsyncing. Sing the ballads live and pre-record the other songs. Make sure the pre-recorded track doesn't sound exactly like the record and is on the same volume and quality as her live vocals.
  • No more baby voice. Start singing in her original tone (which is actually hotter than her baby voice). Her baby voice sounds so cringy in Slumber Party. She's 35 and still trying to sound like an 8-year-old girl.
  • Get vocal lessions. Nobody expects her to start singing well after not doing that after all these years. Even in her prime, her voice cracked a lot and she struggled a lot when singing). Vocal lessions would probably fix that and make her more pleasant.
  • Dance. That's something she hasn't done properly since 2004 (apart from a few rehearsels). I do mean dance, not flipping your hair and shaking your ***. She needs get good choreo and she MUST NOT change it.
  • Good costumes. She hasn't had a GREAT outfit since Circus and I'm sick of her running around on stage in cheap leotards or panties.
  • Great visuals. Stop being cheap and make great visuals for the tour and live performances.
  • Start trying to appeal to the GP and not just to white gays on stan Twitter (no offense).
  • Also: No more lipfillers. Good make up and hair. Great red carpet looks. Saying intersting stuff in interviews. Talk about your album.

I agree with everything except with that BOM MVs. I really think it was refreshing to see something that raw from Brit. 

But she definitely has to focus more on ART and stop being **** Lolita. She's 35 years old women, she needs more serious approach to her career.

She need a record label that willing to invest in her again! 

1. Expensive music videos

2. Styling, hair and beauty team, professional one!

3. Same budget that she had with Oops the album!

4. Less plastic surgeries and more expensive treatments and beauty therapies!

5. Full production tour set & stage! something like Circus or DWAD! 

6. Professional choreographer! Idk who's who but someone can make her move her *** properly, coz she can she's just lazy sometimes! 

Thats all i can think of now :forkit:

54 minutes ago, Someone Who Knows said:

WTF is this crap about 'mature' music? What's immature about her music? Do you think you have to have a ******* acoustic guitar and sad lyrics to make good, mature pop music? (In that case, Just Like Me fits the bill, anyway LOL) 

Well off the top of my head a song called slumber party is a little immature for a 35 year old.  Even though its snit *** that would be more playful and appropriate kind of song for someone Selena or Ariana's age. Pretty girls too. And idk about you but singing twerk it on a song is kind of weird for her. Its immature. 

Guest $elfish

She needs to start doing more complex dance routines again , train her vocals , quit smoking for health and singing reasons , leave RCA and join a record company that is less shittier , replace a huge portion of her time maybe Larry included 

this list could go on but I'm too lazy:forkit:

4 minutes ago, $elfish said:

She needs to start doing more complex dance routines again , train her vocals , quit smoking for health and singing reasons , leave RCA and join a record company that is less shittier , replace a huge portion of her time maybe Larry included 

this list could go on but I'm too lazy:forkit:

#FireLarry :giggleney:

Would UMG be good for Britney? What labels are the best atm?

6 hours ago, Girl On The Moon said:

No, it is not our opinion. She is not a product, she's a breathing human being that brings feelings and emotions to life, that's what music is. She is free to do with her art what she wants and she should never feel trapped for the sake of pleasing others. She should do with her life whatever makes her happy, and neither she or any person should let other people shape their dreams and expectations of life. Because yes, it is selfish for people to want her to stop being happy for the sake of her making others happy.

It's not about pleasing others, it's about hearing opinions of other people, so maybe that can open her horizonts to improve herself in the way that she maybe never thought.

It's all about hearing constructive criticism and improve yourself.

We always need to seek more of Britney, because if she can not offer more of her art what does she still doing in the business!?

1 hour ago, Justney said:

I really think she needs to stop trying to be ****. I feel like at 35 she might be struggling with feeling old and feeling **** and its translating on stage but the thing is she can be **** at 35.. And 45 and beyond,  but as you age you gotta transition what sexiness means to you. At 20 being overtly in your face ****** makes sense when you're discovering your own sexuality but at 35 as a mother of two that's a bit much.  The ******** pole is trashy. A seasoned veteran pop star squating around a pole is desperate and try hard,  it's something that doesn't even go for her general aesthetic or brand but it does bring her brand down a lot.

Some of the leotards are **** when they look designer but  primney was **** in just a top and low rise jeans.  I Think that's something she could bring back.  Primneys clothing was often experimental,  cut up clothing that looked interesting and made her look good when she moved. 

The visuals are lacking a lot. I don't get the lesbian vibes from slumber party.  It just seemed phoney and gimmicky ... the milk licking scene was gross and sorry but it was kind of trashy, just like the *** plot in make me.  Idk who is trying to push her as a has been **** star but they need to be fired. I did however like the cage scene from the original because it threw back to toxic but still.

She doesn't have to be **** all the time.  I actually appreciated perfume mv for the story in it,  even though its cut up and kind of boring, it wasn't just milk licking on a table in front of some stone faced man, some ambiguous lesbian scene or anything,  it had a bit of depth even in the cut up version we got. 

And for music, I'd love another bom which I feel is infinitely more mature than do you wanna come over or slumber party,  especially for a 35 year old mother of two. 

I agree that Britney should be happy and do what she wants but if she wants her career to progress she does have to mature her image and sound honestly.  I don't like the gp calling her a trashy has been or godney... I want her to be respected. Madonna is respected,  mj was respected,  now Britney should be respected but she has to work on it if she wants that. And yeah she could care less but she'll continue to lose her fans as well which I don't want to see happen. 

If she can't sing live then I think prerecorded is important and if she can get into the studio to make albums I don't know why she can't do this. 

A conceptual album would be really good for her too and visually I'd love to see more artistic expression in her photos. How many more promo pics and album covers do we need of just her face? Some of her greatest pics were not her standing face forward in a short dress touching her face...

I don't think these things make her particularly happy either, aside from maybe the music she was making on glory,  but I'd love to see her experiment in other sounds than dance pop. I think she's just lost on what she could be doing, she's out of touch which is understandable. But her team doesn't present her with new ideas,  they cling to old worn out ideas because of the nostalgia factor. That can't last at this rate. 

And finally the choreography needs to be 1000 times better.  This doesn't mean she needs to be doing matm dance breaks but she needs to be fluid and move and feel the music,  not count steps and pose while flapping her arms around. She can move slower and more sensual as long as she feels it. 

She can do a lot of the things she likes to do now but done a little differently. Hell if she got proper pole dancing lessons and used it artistically in performance that'd be ****! Like pink with those curtain things... I'm blanking on the name,  but strength and passion are hot and beyond **** compared to wearing cheap lingerie and doing dollar store ******** moves to look ****. 

Anyway I'm ready for those downvotes. 

I didn't read whole post, but striper pole is not trashy if she actually do a professional striper pole dance routine. That would be amazing performance for some **** song.

But her striper pole dancing looks so unprofessional and immature! 

Archived