Your Britney Firsts

What was the first Britney song/video/exposure?

What was the first live performance of Britney's that you saw? (in person or on tv/youtube etc)

What was your first Britney-related purchase? (musical or other merchandise)

My answers:

...Baby One More Time video on MTV in early 1999. i was 13 and it was love at first sight.

i think the first live performance I saw of hers was infamous Teen Choice Awards that same year. I was wowed.

My first purchase was actually NOW 2 with ...Baby One More Time on it, but my first full-blown support the Army was the ...Baby One More Time album cassette from Tower Records in late summer or early fall 1999. I was half a fan and then "Crazy" happened and it has been 100% ever since. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

First listen was BOMT video on tv.

First performance I think was Oops at the VMAs. 

First purchase was BOMT cassette. You heard me right ppl cassette because that was the only thing around in the late 90s. 

I remember reading the lyrics to "Born To Make You Happy" from the cassette booklet to my friend over the phone and pretending it was a poem I had written:giggleney:

Just now, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

I remember reading the lyrics to "Born To Make You Happy" from the cassette booklet to my friend over the phone and pretending it was a poem I had written:giggleney:

That's funny!

I remember going to the back wall at Target and looking at the cassette:giggleney:

Actually when you think about it. It's amazing how we actually saw all her performances. Like it wasn't easy back in the day. You had to be home and looking up times in the TV guide. The young ppl just don't understand. 

Just now, Spearsfan said:

That's funny!

I remember going to the back wall at Target and looking at the cassette:giggleney:

Actually when you think about it. It's amazing how we actually saw all her performances. Like it wasn't easy back in the day. You had to be home and looking up times in the TV guide. The young ppl just don't understand. 

I had "scrap tapes" and taped everything I could. It was a passion project. The Oops! era was the fist one I was really there from the start with, and wow---there was A LOT to keep up with. Sometimes Britney would be on two different channels simultaneously. I don't know any young people, but its true, performances are much more attainable now at your convenience..

first britney song I listened to ( in 2001-2002 ) : you drive me crazy

first britney music video I watched ( in 2002 ) : I'm not a girl , not yet a woman

first live performance : vma 2007

first album : in the zone cassette :triggered:

I started to listen to her in 2001-2002 but I guess I became a fan in 2003-2004. 

First song exposure was BOMT, my friend had recorded it on a casette tape from the radio, saw the video like 1-2 days later on TV.

First live performance i think was the EMAs on tv in 1999. edit. first concert i went to was TCSBS.

My first purchase, with my own money was the Oops CD when it was released. 

16 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Baby one more time

What was the first live performance of Britney's that you saw? (in person or on tv/youtube etc)

The first one I can remember is her performances on the Live & More DVD because I don't think at the time award shows like the VMAs were shown alot on UK TV

Baby one more time CD

4 minutes ago, Melinda said:

First song exposure was BOMT, my friend had recorded it on a casette tape from the radio, saw the video like 1-2 days later on TV.

First performance i think was the EMAs on tv in 1999.

My first purchase, with my own money was the Oops CD when it was released. 

EMA's is one of my favorite early Britney performances.

Song - Baby One More Time

Video - Oops I Did It Again

On TV - 2003 VMA with Madonna and nobody

In Person - none (if we're talking award show performances) :kidcries: if live concert counts, then BLIC :kidcries:

As a gift to me: Oops CD

I personally purchased: Blackout CD :tiffanynod:

32 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Wow,  cassettes were already "old school" by then.

I know lol . I still remember looking at the CDs and cassettes of in the zone album and picking a cassette.  I just wanted a britney product in a cheapest way I guess.

and then I found britney cassette but didn't buy it. I still regret :meltdown:

Now I have all britney albums ( as CD ) and some DVDs  . I dont remember which one my first CD was

Toxic and Everytime. Those two videos are back to back on top from my country. I even mimic her drowning on tub.  :giggleney:

In person last June 15, I saw britney spears live!! It was my best day of my life.

On tv, I think, her vma gimme more performance. The headlines were wild back then. I was so sad seeing her difficult times.

i bought a merchandise during her concert. I thought of it original since it is branded legit as BritneyCollections.

baby one more time

first concert - last june 15. britney spears live in manila, first performance i saw was the 2000 mtv awards

oops cassette tape, but i have the whole bomt cassette recorded on a black tape. i recorded my cousin's tape LOL.

...Baby One More Time on MTV Asia

On TV => ...Baby One More Time VMA 1999

Live => Britney Live in Concert (Osaka) 2007

...Baby One More Time on cassette tape :blaughing:

First song and Music Video was ...Baby One More Time. I was 4 years old back then. 

First live performance I saw on a copy was Britney Live In Hawaii. First live concert I have seen in person is Britney Spears Live in Manila. (I have waited for such a looong time *19 years* I'm so glad it finally happened!) 

The first four albums I have here was bought by my father lol so my first purchase was the Britney Spears Greatest Hits: My Prerogative CD and a Popsicle Magazine called The Britney Spears Collector's Edition. I remember saving my school allowance just for those, I was so young and sneaked my way to the record store for that.

First song and video was ...Baby One More Time and she had me hooked from the beginning :brit:

First live performance on TV was the VMA's with Nsync. First concert in person was DWAD with my beautiful mother. It was a birthday gift and I wanted to cry. 

My first actual purchase was that cassette that had like 2 song from her first album and then an interview? If I remember correctly. I was young though so it was bought by my parents. I think I started buying my own stuff around Blackout era. I used to tell my mom release dates and she would stop after work to get it so it was there when I got home. I love her so much :hype:

Obv BOMT, I was like 9 - I remember thinking it was kinda cheesy/not sure about it, and then when i saw the crazy video with the amazing choreo, outfit, and sabrina the teenage witch i was like wow i want to be this girl. 

DWAD tour, I was slayed for life.

Oops cd was a gift that I still have to this day. I played the **** out of it. And still do.

Archived