Do you guys sometimes feel Britney is mentally stuck in her prime years?

KatLove

Just now, KatLove said:

That's the good part but there is the negative aspect. Its been overstatured. Also, the top stars are dominating all the time and new artist can't have that breakout moments like the past artist used to have. What happened to mystique, larger than life persona, allure with today's artist? Nothing is exciting anymore. Also record labels today lacks lots of money that's why they don't put effort on music videos and developing the artist they signed, talent scouts, and also streaming taking over and I'm talking about the big major labels!!! The industry needs saving as well as pop music as well and I believe someone will come a long to do just that. 

Yeah there's a lot of things that I think are suffering and it's unfortunate. Tv isnt like it used to be, movies are hard to come by, music is just.. in a strange place lol. I miss the 2000s a great deal which is why I said I feel like I'm stuck in it too. :nydisgust: we all need saved right now tbh.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think she is.I'll never forget her annoyed face at the teen choice awards. She seemed more irritated by her past accomplishments than wanting to repeat them. It's really weird. I think she just blocks out any criticism from her mind. That's why seems a bit oblivious at times. I think she's still 'dirtying' the image her team built up in 1999. 

I think it's her label who stucks her on her prime, they wants to keep selling the inoccence/**** image, but it's doesn't work now on her, i wish they could let her express naturally and we could know better how she is right now

I think majority of fans are stuck in her prime time.

im not to sure she is, but when she recently said that the older she gets she's more inspired by youth and new artist.

it makes me think what inspiration she can get when she's the one who did it big and no one does it better Today that she did...

i think she got very mature mentaly ,very mummy material and she's kinda retired in her mind. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't even remember what she had done on stage back in the day or maybe she's just leaving the past behind her even when it comes to her career. 

Its hard to answer.

6 hours ago, MANDIXMX said:

I think shes stuck being 16-17 because that was the age her star rose and she has be constantly baby sat ever since. Not allowed to grow up, make mistakes, learn lessons on her own. She does not know what it is to be a normal 20/30 yr old, tbh theres a lot of COMMON things i'm sure Britney has no idea how to do alone. Can you imagine Britney paying for a bill? Or going to the bank? Or anything that a common adult does? :giggleney:

She's a grown wise woman who happen to be a mother

Just because she's famous does not mean she has not experienced these things

how is she stuck if she doesn't dress/perform like in her prime? 

yes, she had **** image but it was more subtle than underwear for every song and strip pole 

there is clearly lack of taste since 2007 in everything...choreo, costumes, props...boring and tacky 

8 hours ago, Justney said:

Yeah there's a lot of things that I think are suffering and it's unfortunate. Tv isnt like it used to be, movies are hard to come by, music is just.. in a strange place lol. I miss the 2000s a great deal which is why I said I feel like I'm stuck in it too. :nydisgust: we all need saved right now tbh.

"Although, you never know, there's always a chance for a new mania obsession in any of the arts, but they are far and few between because those people are born to be special." That's true. In your earlier post you said that and its true. Some people just are born very special and have to do things in a big way in this world.

I agree, for the most part. The passion and drive aren't there like it was in her prime, (and who can blame her?) but a lot of her style and interests aren't really, for lack of a better term, "up to date." I feel like she's lost her edge in some ways. That being said, I kinda love that about her. Her quirky Instagram with freaking minions and Precious Moments quotes, :bcutelaugh: the random outfits, dated make-up and costumes...I know the GP judges her for it (just look at her IG comments) but I think it shows how down-to-earth she really is. She's over the days of being made up to look like a Barbie doll and presented to the world on a sparkling silver platter. She was like a product, just off the assembly line, for so much of her career and I think now, she's actively avoiding that. She's happy with it. She's not trying to be someone she's not, she's comfortable being goofy, unedited Britney with (God love her) slightly questionable taste ;) She's making a lot more of her own choices now and even though most of the public criticizes her for it, I think she's simply wearing what she wants, calling the shots, and is happy with the outcome. I read in Rolling Stone that in the past, management was literally picking out her underwear for her. Do I selfishly wish she would start dressing and acting like "the old Britney" again and come out back on top? Sure. But I'm also 99 % positive that isn't even remotely what she wants and I totally respect and appreciate that. I think she's in a good place and I'm happy for her!

I don't think she's maturity stuck in her prime, she's definetly gotten more shy, wise, protective but also a matter of her and her team playing it safe until recently. I think she's at the best place in her life now or at least in a while and once Vegas is over it's kind of a moment to stop and be like "do I wanna be doing Vegas forever?" Or focus on a project.  

That's all I really want is for her and team to just get back to creating and being excited for something and doing it 100%. I know they wanted to do tht w Glory but **** fell apart

I've actually heard that when someone gets famous, they get mentally stuck at the age they hit fame at. I think I read this because of Tom Cruise and some stuff about him I was reading, so I don't know if it's true or not. I'm not even saying yes or no to this, simply adding that in.

2 hours ago, britmebaby_onemoretime said:

I agree, for the most part. The passion and drive aren't there like it was in her prime, (and who can blame her?) but a lot of her style and interests aren't really, for lack of a better term, "up to date." I feel like she's lost her edge in some ways. That being said, I kinda love that about her. Her quirky Instagram with freaking minions and Precious Moments quotes, :bcutelaugh: the random outfits, dated make-up and costumes...I know the GP judges her for it (just look at her IG comments) but I think it shows how down-to-earth she really is. She's over the days of being made up to look like a Barbie doll and presented to the world on a sparkling silver platter. She was like a product, just off the assembly line, for so much of her career and I think now, she's actively avoiding that. She's happy with it. She's not trying to be someone she's not, she's comfortable being goofy, unedited Britney with (God love her) slightly questionable taste ;) She's making a lot more of her own choices now and even though most of the public criticizes her for it, I think she's simply wearing what she wants, calling the shots, and is happy with the outcome. I read in Rolling Stone that in the past, management was literally picking out her underwear for her. Do I selfishly wish she would start dressing and acting like "the old Britney" again and come out back on top? Sure. But I'm also 99 % positive that isn't even remotely what she wants and I totally respect and appreciate that. I think she's in a good place and I'm happy for her!

Im happy for her calling the shots and doing what she wants! im all for Britney saying **** what you want me to be as long as she's happy- i could care less if she wears sweats to target or has tacky leotard - of course want her to look **** but more important she's killing it onstage.  resulted in one of her best albums in a while and performing too. (Not saying it's all perfecto)

I'm really hoping this next part of her career after Vegas that whatever they do they do it 100% I wanna see what Britney REALLY wants to do with her dancing, performances, songs, etc when you devote your attention to just that instead of 59 perfumes, underwear, Vegas. Like do that in between albums or tie those things in with the album- that's why you're famous, for performing and music! Her team needs to be a little more creative and professional 

Archived