Do you guys sometimes feel Britney is mentally stuck in her prime years?

KatLove

This might sound weird, but I have had this feeling for a long time now. I honestly think she is mentally stuck in her prime years(1999-2004), and what I mean is that successfully she was on top of the world in those years, and it was BRITNEY-MANIA. We haven't had that since MJ and Madonna in the 80s. Heck we haven't had someone who owned a decade and era and had their own mania and the world obsessing over, and everything they do was an event like Britney in her prime. On topic, I sometimes feels like because those years were her best years successfully and she was on top of the world, and was the IT girl that she can't get over those years. Am I the only one who really notices that she kind of wears stuff that is so early 2000s? Remember when belly button piercing were considered **** and low rise pants and fast forward she is still doing that? Also she seems to not reinvent herself. Its not bad to sell *** when you have NATURAL *** appeal like Britney did in her prime, but it can get boring so fast when you continue to do it after 20 years in the business. Sometimes I feel like she trys to be **** but fails. Honestly I think from 1999-2002 she really didn't push the whole *** thing as much as she did with ITZ era. I'm not complaining but it didn't feel as natural because she already had natural *** appeal so she didn't have to force it like she did with ITZ. She even today relies on her old hits when she was 16 years old and still uses the playback to lipsync too!!!!!! I know her team is riding on her success from 1999-2003, but she can try to reinvent herself. Sometimes I feel Britney doesn't want to and rely on her success that she had in her prime years. 

Another example is Mariah Carey. Honestly you would have to be kidding with yourself if you can not see she is mentally stuck in the 90s. She to conquered an entire decade and whilst she didn't have a mania and ruled pop and popculture at the time, she was still the best selling female artist of the 90s. She was a vocal powerhouse in the 90s. Mariah can't even sing as well as she used to while Celine Dion sounds the same. 

All I am saying is I want her to move on and do her own thing passionately and have her second peak. I mean look at Mariah, who would have thought she would have another peaking in the mid 2000s when she ruled an entire decade in the 90s?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, KatLove said:

This might sound weird, but I have had this feeling for a long time now. I honestly think she is mentally stuck in her prime years(1999-2004), and what I mean is that successfully she was on top of the world in those years, and it was BRITNEY-MANIA. We haven't had that since MJ and Madonna in the 80s. Heck we haven't had someone who owned a decade and era and had their own mania and the world obsessing over, and everything they do was an event like Britney in her prime. On topic, I sometimes feels like because those years were her best years successfully and she was on top of the world, and was the IT girl that she can't get over those years. Am I the only one who really notices that she kind of wears stuff that is so early 2000s? Remember when belly button piercing were considered **** and low rise pants and fast forward she is still doing that? Also she seems to not reinvent herself. Its not bad to sell *** when you have NATURAL *** appeal like Britney did in her prime, but it can get boring so fast when you continue to do it after 20 years in the business. Sometimes I feel like she trys to be **** but fails. Honestly I think from 1999-2002 she really didn't push the whole *** thing as much as she did with ITZ era. I'm not complaining but it didn't feel as natural because she already had natural *** appeal so she didn't have to force it like she did with ITZ. She even today relies on her old hits when she was 16 years old and still uses the playback to lipsync too!!!!!! I know her team is riding on her success from 1999-2003, but she can try to reinvent herself. Sometimes I feel Britney doesn't want to and rely on her success that she had in her prime years. 

Another example is Mariah Carey. Honestly you would have to be kidding with yourself if you can not see she is mentally stuck in the 90s. She to conquered an entire decade and whilst she didn't have a mania and ruled pop and popculture at the time, she was still the best selling female artist of the 90s. She was a vocal powerhouse in the 90s. Mariah can't even sing as well as she used to while Celine Dion sounds the same. 

All I am saying is I want her to move on and do her own thing passionately and have her second peak. I mean look at Mariah, who would have thought she would have another peaking in the mid 2000s when she ruled an entire decade in the 90s?

I think it's kind of a complex situation when she's a 35 year old woman under a c-ship. I think mentally you're bound to be stuck in a better time...like, her life might have been a real struggle in her 20s since she's said she prefers her 30s but sometimes you can't help but be mentally held back when bad things happen in your life. 2007 completely traumatized her afterall. She hasnt been the same since.

I kind of feel the same as you mentioned though, I'm feeling like I'm stuck in the early 2000s and it's a bit terrifying to feel like you're stuck in a decade lol.

4 minutes ago, Justney said:

I think it's kind of a complex situation when she's a 35 year old woman under a c-ship. I think mentally you're bound to be stuck in a better time...like, her life might have been a real struggle in her 20s since she's said she prefers her 30s but sometimes you can't help but be mentally held back when bad things happen in your life. 2007 completely traumatized her afterall. She hasnt been the same since.

I kind of feel the same as you mentioned though, I'm feeling like I'm stuck in the early 2000s and it's a bit terrifying to feel like you're stuck in a decade lol.

That's true. Of course she would perfer her 30s than her 20s since her 20s were the worst time of her life, but I sometimes get a feeling she is mentally stuck in her prime years because during those times she was arguably her best and happiest(I'm not saying more than her children which are her life), but as an artist in the biz. I think everyone suffers from that, but more than others like Britney and Mariah. Also they both suffered a mental breakdown so maybe that has something to do with it.

1 minute ago, KatLove said:

That's true. Of course she would perfer her 30s than her 20s since her 20s were the worst time of her life, but I sometimes get a feeling she is mentally stuck in her prime years because during those times she was arguably her best and happiest(I'm not saying more than her children which are her life), but as an artist in the biz. I think everyone suffers from that, but more than others like Britney and Mariah. Also they both suffered a mental breakdown so maybe that has something to do with it.

Yeah I definitely think so too except she doesnt have the same drive or mentality she did in her 20s anymore, so i think to a point she definitely does but it's a shame she didn't hold onto that passion and fire she used to have.

11 minutes ago, Justney said:

Yeah I definitely think so too except she doesnt have the same drive or mentality she did in her 20s anymore, so i think to a point she definitely does but it's a shame she didn't hold onto that passion and fire she used to have.

Exactly. That's why I think she is stuck on those years. She had the passion and energy during those years. Man I really want her to have a huge peak. She is still young. 

Just now, KatLove said:

Exactly. That's why I think she is stuck on those years. She had the passion and energy during those years. Man I really want her to have a huge peak. She is still young. 

I hope so too, just one last peak and I'd be happy. It seems like everything since 2004ish has been just sadness and disappointment. But I realize that a lot of other fans, most in fact enjoy her 2007-2011 eras, but they do nothing for me since they dont seem so much like her to me.

I think shes stuck being 16-17 because that was the age her star rose and she has be constantly baby sat ever since. Not allowed to grow up, make mistakes, learn lessons on her own. She does not know what it is to be a normal 20/30 yr old, tbh theres a lot of COMMON things i'm sure Britney has no idea how to do alone. Can you imagine Britney paying for a bill? Or going to the bank? Or anything that a common adult does? :giggleney:

26 minutes ago, Justney said:

It seems like everything since 2004ish has been just sadness and disappointment.

Um to you,  the "Circus era" was well received and almost compared to her prime years, you can call that her second peak, sorry but she won't have another one.

4 minutes ago, Menzo said:

Um to you,  the "Circus era" was well received and almost compared to her prime years, you can call that her second peak, sorry but she won't have another one.

And that era also came with plenty of disappointments, I remember I was alive then lol. :triggered:

35 minutes ago, Justney said:

I hope so too, just one last peak and I'd be happy. It seems like everything since 2004ish has been just sadness and disappointment. But I realize that a lot of other fans, most in fact enjoy her 2007-2011 eras, but they do nothing for me since they dont seem so much like her to me.

Well if I look at it as a religious aspect, everything went downhill in 2004, because she lost her faith in God. 

But honestly I hope she doesn't get stuck in those times and grows up artistically. 

Just now, KatLove said:

Well if I look at it as a religious aspect, everything went downhill in 2004, because she lost her faith in God. 

But honestly I hope she doesn't get stuck in those times and grows up artistically. 

That's an interesting argument. But didn't she throw herself into Kabbalah and spirituality? I'm not sure if this was strictly 2003/2004 because I don't recall when the red bracelet came off. Are you inferring that because she stopped practicing Christianity that she was punished or lost her way?

Just now, Menzo said:

Like what?

For one the mannequin choreo video. I remember that was a big deal. :ponderney: Especially since she didn't deliver as much when it came to actually performing. I remember it was a really weird time to be a fan tbh. The album and tour was a success though, that's indisputable. I was so happy to see her kind of return to her self on Womanizer.. i remember seeing it like it was yesterday. :otears:I was proud, but *I* personally feel like she wasnt actually herself anymore, which I'm pretty sure I stated that it was me feeling that way...

18 minutes ago, Justney said:

That's an interesting argument. But didn't she throw herself into Kabbalah and spirituality? I'm not sure if this was strictly 2003/2004 because I don't recall when the red bracelet came off. Are you inferring that because she stopped practicing Christianity that she was punished or lost her way?

Yes when she stopped believing in Christianity. As a fellow Christian, she was truly blessed look at her success in her prime and I guess she lost her ways and lived too much of this world. I think it all started during the ITZ era honestly.

Just now, KatLove said:

Yes when she stopped believing in Christianity. As a fellow Christian, she was truly blessed look at her success in her prime and I guess she lost her ways and lived too much of this world. I think it all started during the ITZ era honestly.

I'm not a Christian but I do believe that belief plays a huge part in one's success and achievements in life. I can see where she definitely lost her focus on and put it all on things that didn't serve her.. not that her career was serving her either, if she was miserable or unhappy, but that those things destroyed her a little. I think on a different level it's interesting to see that no matter what you achieve in success, you can fall from grace, no matter if you're the most beautiful person in the world, the most talented, the most successful, the most famous. You can still fall off and on the flip side it is also inspirational because you can also come from nothing and build yourself up. I find Britney's career and life, especially in her prime to be so fascinating. She's an inspirational person, I think, since she was knocked down to the lowest levels, she still got up and kept going.

1 minute ago, Justney said:

I'm not a Christian but I do believe that belief plays a huge part in one's success and achievements in life. I can see where she definitely lost her focus on and put it all on things that didn't serve her.. not that her career was serving her either, if she was miserable or unhappy, but that those things destroyed her a little. I think on a different level it's interesting to see that no matter what you achieve in success, you can fall from grace, no matter if you're the most beautiful person in the world, the most talented, the most successful, the most famous. You can still fall off and on the flip side it is also inspirational because you can also come from nothing and build yourself up. I find Britney's career and life, especially in her prime to be so fascinating. She's an inspirational person, I think, since she was knocked down to the lowest levels, she still got up and kept going.

I agree!!!! Her prime was amazing. I remember being little and all I heard was BRITNEY SPEARS and also Michael Jackson(RIP). I just don't understand why no pop stars since her as ever had that prime and era and decade that is so rare and different and so big that it is unimaginable. Its not even in music. Look at the movie industry. No originality or that one actor/actress that stands out. Also in modeling. The age of models and supermodels are over. 

Just now, KatLove said:

I agree!!!! Her prime was amazing. I remember being little and all I heard was BRITNEY SPEARS and also Michael Jackson(RIP). I just don't understand why no pop stars since her as ever had that prime and era and decade that is so rare and different and so big that it is unimaginable. Its not even in music. Look at the movie industry. No originality or that one actor/actress that stands out. Also in modeling. The age of models and supermodels are over. 

That's very true but you know it's a good thing too. I know a lot of people don't think so but this is a new era where people can achieve success in just about anything without having to go through industry  politics and favoritism. It still happens but people are finding it much more easy to achieve their dreams. People can make music and put it on soundcloud and yt, people with a camera can make their acting/filming dreams come true with youtube, people can write books and self publish on amazon, if you want to be a model and arent at the industry standards of height or beauty you can still become an instagram model. I think it's a beautiful thing that people can do more things than they ever could even when we were younger. The ability to take the control out of the hands of big corporation bosses is good. So because it's more accessible I think people aren't ever going to get that huge again.  Although, you never know, there's always a chance for a new mania obsession in any of the arts, but they are far and few between because those people are born to be special.

3 minutes ago, Justney said:

That's very true but you know it's a good thing too. I know a lot of people don't think so but this is a new era where people can achieve success in just about anything without having to go through industry  politics and favoritism. It still happens but people are finding it much more easy to achieve their dreams. People can make music and put it on soundcloud and yt, people with a camera can make their acting/filming dreams come true with youtube, people can write books and self publish on amazon, if you want to be a model and arent at the industry standards of height or beauty you can still become an instagram model. I think it's a beautiful thing that people can do more things than they ever could even when we were younger. The ability to take the control out of the hands of big corporation bosses is good. So because it's more accessible I think people aren't ever going to get that huge again.  Although, you never know, there's always a chance for a new mania obsession in any of the arts, but they are far and few between because those people are born to be special.

That's the good part but there is the negative aspect. Its been overstatured. Also, the top stars are dominating all the time and new artist can't have that breakout moments like the past artist used to have. What happened to mystique, larger than life persona, allure with today's artist? Nothing is exciting anymore. Also record labels today lacks lots of money that's why they don't put effort on music videos and developing the artist they signed, talent scouts, and also streaming taking over and I'm talking about the big major labels!!! The industry needs saving as well as pop music as well and I believe someone will come a long to do just that. 

Archived