Is Britney Jean really as bad as people make it out to be?

jacks1981

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Arckangel
4 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

That album basically turned her into Milli Vanilli. She doesn't sing live and she didn't sing in her own album. :nicki2:

Thank God for Glory (she's still lipsyncing but at least she sings her own stuff and gave us a good album) and the fact that the Myah scandal didn't explode and is only known by pop stans. :beynah:

3 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

If it was by anyone else other than (Myah) Britney, it would be just another pop record, and that's its problem. Its her most dated, most generic album album, and also her messiest. The tracks are forgettable, the lyrics are lack lustre, and the production is weak. What we were told about for a year and a bit was a personal album, with personal lyrics and urban sounds. When WB came out, we were all confused but still had hope as Britney still said ''it was personal'', and it was hyped to be her Ray of Light album (which completely reinvented Madonna). When Perfume came out, we all praised the vocals, but felt it was a juvenile track.

and then the album came out, and were left wondering what was going on?
and then the myah stuff came out. 
and then the alien leak came out.
and then we were just given more and more reasons to realised that Team B tried to pull the wool over our eyes and give us as generic an album as possible, wrapped up the package of reinvention, and expect us to blindly buy it.

yeah, it has one or two nice tracks, but they're smeared with awkward lyrics, or cheap production.....

also, Britney didn't sing on it.

That's the kinda nonsense @vnisverx and I denounced in the other BJ thread. Claiming Myah Marie did more than just backups on BJ is one thing, but claiming Britney Spears did NOT sing on it is blatantly FALSE, total nonsense, and that's what you're now claiming.

Milli Vanilli DID NOT SING ONE SINGLE WORD on their whole record! Not even a whisper! Even if the Myah Jean conspiracy were true,  Britney's voice still appears on every single track. Most of us agree that Perfume , It Should Easy and Don't Cry have NO Myah in them. Work ***** is mostly Britney. Alien is mostly Britney too as evidenced by the leaked rehearsal demo. Even if it were true that Britney's not singing the "not alone" hook in the final version, most of the vocals are still Britney's. As for Tik Tik Boom , @Alexanda admitted that it's mostly Britney.

As for Passenger, let's suppose Myah Marie sang a few leads... Most of it is still Britney. Let's also suppose Myah Marie sang the chorus for Brightest Morning Star... All the rest is still Britney. Are Hold on Tight and Now That I Found You all or mostly Myah Marie? No. And I could go on and on... How can you then claim Britney Spears did NOT sing on BJ or that she and her team pulled a Milli Vanilli? That's defamation. 

And finally, Milli Vanilli did not write anything on their record. Though her actual involvement is disputed, Britney co-wrote every single track on BJ (lyrics and/or melodies).

1 hour ago, Arckangel said:

That's the kinda nonsense @vnisverx and I denounced in the other BJ thread. Claiming Myah Marie did more than just backups on BJ is one thing, but claiming Britney Spears did NOT sing on it is blatantly FALSE, total nonsense, and that's what you're now claiming.

Milli Vanilli DID NOT SING ONE SINGLE WORD on their whole record! Not even a whisper! Even if the Myah Jean conspiracy were true,  Britney's voice still appears on every single track. Most of us agree that Perfume , It Should Easy and Don't Cry have NO Myah in them. Work ***** is mostly Britney. Alien is mostly Britney too as evidenced by the leaked rehearsal demo. Even if it were true that Britney's not singing the "not alone" hook in the final version, most of the vocals are still Britney's. As for Tik Tik Boom , @Alexanda admitted that it's mostly Britney.

As for Passenger, let's suppose Myah Marie sang a few leads... Most of it is still Britney. Let's also suppose Myah Marie sang the chorus for Brightest Morning Star... All the rest is still Britney. Are Hold on Tight and Now That I Found You all or mostly Myah Marie? No. And I could go on and on... How can you then claim Britney Spears did NOT sing on BJ or that she and her team pulled a Milli Vanilli? That's defamation. 

And finally, Milli Vanilli did not write anything on their record. Though her actual involvement is disputed, Britney co-wrote every single track on BJ (lyrics and/or melodies).

Alien - Myah sings the 'not alones', and 'take me homes', which add up to about 1:40 of a 3:56 track

Work ***** - Myah is all over the track, in every verse, every ''ahhh'', and in the bridge: Britney at most sang the first ''here comes the smasha!'' part. Myah is on the majority of the track. The acapella from the stems proves it. From two big ''televised'' events, BBMA and Apple, it had prerecorded vocals, whilst 10 year old songs had the original vocal tracks. odd.  

Perfume - Completely Britney. Her vocal is relatively raw, and you can hear the flaws in her voice.

It Should Be Easy - Britney in the verses (drowned in Autotune). Myah is in the ''its the only way to love'' section.

Tik Tik Boom - Myah sings the first few words, the ends of phrases and the adlibs at the end. Britney probably never expected this track to be on the album, as she only spoke about T.I once, and had nothing to say about it.

Body Ache - Completely Myah. There's no argument to this. It sounds nothing like Britney. The accent isn't Britney's, the tone isn't britney's, the way britney ends her phrases isn't there.  Myah Marie wrote this song. However, no backing vocalist is listed. 

Til its Gone - Myah, literally the same voice as body ache. 

Passenger - We have the raw take of this. Britney sings at most 50 seconds of a 3:42 song.

Chillin with you - All Myah

Dont Cry - All Britney. The Same Voice as Perfume

Brightest Morning Star - Britney sings the verses (which add up to a minute of the song). Myah sings the rest.

Hold on Tight - Britney sings the majority of this, but Myah is spliced onto the ends of phrases and lines (Most notably ''...don't miss it'' , ''Hold on Tight'' and the end of the bridge.) 

Now That I Found You - Is one verse repeated (literally copy and pasted) and a bridge. The verse is Britney. The majority of the bridge is Myah, and her backing vocal drowns Britney out in the chorus. 

Britney is credited as the lead writer on all tracks, but we know this to be false because we've heard two of the demos, and there were minimal changes (Passenger and Tik Tik Boom). Sia confirmed that she wrote the song herself (Perfume). Britney wrote Brightest Morning Star (because we've seen the notes).

On an album labelled ''BRITNEY SPEARS'', a singer, Myah's voice replaced Britney's on 11 of 13 tracks (with the remaining two being ballads). 9 of these tracks have Britney's vocals (including the two ballads), at some point, and five of them are completely Myah. The other four have myah spliced into them, and overall, when the time is counted, feature more Myah than Britney.  Interestingly enough, the two completely Britney tracks had no involvement from Anthony Preston, the vocal producer on the rest of the tracks.  

Her team never responded to any ''defamation'' claims, because they didn't have a leg to stand on. If they did, they would've shut down this rumour four years ago. when it first started, they didnt. 

Why are you accepting that a track was ''mostly sang by Britney''? she's a singer, its what's she's paid millions to do. If you're gonna over power a lead vocal, do it like HATLM (where  Britney is singing a lower harmony) or Early Morning (where's adlibbing over it). Myah impersonating Britney and being copied and pasted into the start, middles and ends of verse, as well as the bridge of a three minute song (yet along singing the entire thing) isn't acceptable.

4 minutes ago, falka said:

You know nothing about her obligations.

If you're a singer, you're obligated to sing.

If you're a musician, you're obligated to make music. 

If you're an artist, you're obligated to create art.

if you're an entertainer, you're obligated to entertain.

Britney has described herself as all of these, but at the end of the day, she's known for her vocals. She's obligated to record her vocals and sing, and if you're the type of fan who will happily accept that she let someone else record ''her'' vocals, on top of refusing to sing live OR prerecord vocals, promote (although glory changed that), refusing to perform (although glory changed that), and refusing to put any effort into her career, then you are part of the reason Britney Jean nearly killed her career, and they even tried it. 

Expecting a singer to sing, atleast in the studio isn't a huge ask.

28 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

If you're a singer, you're obligated to sing.

If you're a musician, you're obligated to make music. 

If you're an artist, you're obligated to create art.

if you're an entertainer, you're obligated to entertain.

I mean... You can have hope, but She doesn't have obligations to You.
Don't write that She's getting millions for sth, if You are not person who is paying.

Just now, falka said:

I mean... You can have hope, but She doesn't have obligations to You.
Don't write that She's getting millions for sth, if You are not person who is paying.

are you for real? 
If Britney expects fan to pay for her music, she should be the one singing on it. We're the ones giving her (and the team) her/their millions. 
Literally the bare minimum. If Beyonce or Xtina were to not sing leads, we'd be never let them live it down. If she expects us to pay our hard earned money, she's obligated to sing on her records. Not a ridiculous ask.

Guest Arckangel
45 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Alien - Myah sings the 'not alones', and 'take me homes', which add up to about 1:40 of a 3:56 track

Work ***** - Myah is all over the track, in every verse, every ''ahhh'', and in the bridge: Britney at most sang the first ''here comes the smasha!'' part. Myah is on the majority of the track. The acapella from the stems proves it. From two big ''televised'' events, BBMA and Apple, it had prerecorded vocals, whilst 10 year old songs had the original vocal tracks. odd.  

Perfume - Completely Britney. Her vocal is relatively raw, and you can hear the flaws in her voice.

It Should Be Easy - Britney in the verses (drowned in Autotune). Myah is in the ''its the only way to love'' section.

Tik Tik Boom - Myah sings the first few words, the ends of phrases and the adlibs at the end. Britney probably never expected this track to be on the album, as she only spoke about T.I once, and had nothing to say about it.

Body Ache - Completely Myah. There's no argument to this. It sounds nothing like Britney. The accent isn't Britney's, the tone isn't britney's, the way britney ends her phrases isn't there.  Myah Marie wrote this song. However, no backing vocalist is listed. 

Til its Gone - Myah, literally the same voice as body ache. 

Passenger - We have the raw take of this. Britney sings at most 50 seconds of a 3:42 song.

Chillin with you - All Myah

Dont Cry - All Britney. The Same Voice as Perfume

Brightest Morning Star - Britney sings the verses (which add up to a minute of the song). Myah sings the rest.

Hold on Tight - Britney sings the majority of this, but Myah is spliced onto the ends of phrases and lines (Most notably ''...don't miss it'' , ''Hold on Tight'' and the end of the bridge.) 

Now That I Found You - Is one verse repeated (literally copy and pasted) and a bridge. The verse is Britney. The majority of the bridge is Myah, and her backing vocal drowns Britney out in the chorus. 

Britney is credited as the lead writer on all tracks, but we know this to be false because we've heard two of the demos, and there were minimal changes (Passenger and Tik Tik Boom). Sia confirmed that she wrote the song herself (Perfume). Britney wrote Brightest Morning Star (because we've seen the notes).

On an album labelled ''BRITNEY SPEARS'', a singer, Myah's voice replaced Britney's on 11 of 13 tracks (with the remaining two being ballads). 9 of these tracks have Britney's vocals (including the two ballads), at some point, and five of them are completely Myah. The other four have myah spliced into them, and overall, when the time is counted, feature more Myah than Britney.  Interestingly enough, the two completely Britney tracks had no involvement from Anthony Preston, the vocal producer on the rest of the tracks.  

Her team never responded to any ''defamation'' claims, because they didn't have a leg to stand on. If they did, they would've shut down this rumour four years ago. when it first started, they didnt. 

Why are you accepting that a track was ''mostly sang by Britney''? she's a singer, its what's she's paid millions to do. If you're gonna over power a lead vocal, do it like HATLM (where  Britney is singing a lower harmony) or Early Morning (where's adlibbing over it). Myah impersonating Britney and being copied and pasted into the start, middles and ends of verse, as well as the bridge of a three minute song (yet along singing the entire thing) isn't acceptable.

The Sia demo for Perfume  I heard lacks two verses. Many of your claims are either blatantly false or greatly exaggerated. Britney Spears sings on every single Britney Jean track. You'll need much greater evidence to support your claim that Myah Marie fully sang 5 BJ tracks... 

According to other Myah Jean conspiracists, Myah is not on It Should Be Easy, yet you claim she is w/ no proof. Myah only does background vocals on Chillin' With You (alongside Britney and Jamie Lynn per the official booklet). The "you, you" heard at the start of the song could be Myah's, and Britney and Jamie Lynn are on lead. Do you really think Jamie Lynn would have agreed to duet w/ her sister only for Myah Marie to dub the entirety of her vocals? You have no proof to back up this claim.

As forTill Its Gone , once again, Myah is on backups, and listening to that track, it always sounded like Britney to me (I'm Britney's age and I've been listening to her since 1998).

Britney Jean is rife with effects and filters, so of course, Britney might sound a bit different, but it's still her. And no, Work ***** is all Britney, and that so-called "a cappella lead vocal" YouTube upload doesn't prove anything. In the final version of Work *****, Myah's backup is heard in the bridge (it's the highest voice).

You, fans, contradict yourselves way too often:

On 20/06/2017 at 9:45 PM, BraveNewSeth said:

EXACTLY. I remember reading an interview from 2001 where Britney confirmed that she came up with the melody for a lot of the song she wrote on Britney, instead of the lyrics. It's more common than a lot of us think. Having said that, I still think the BJ writing credits are fraudulent.

Anyways, we have confirmation that Britney sings all LEAD vocals on Work *****. Download the multitracks, there's no labeled files where Myah is on lead. We also know that Britney doesn't sing the "not alone" hook on Alien, the leaked stems confirm this. And last but not least,  *Nick, a popular Britney fan and remixer, confirmed that Britney only sings the verses on  Passenger and the chorus and middle 8 are all Myah and Sia. But that's all we have for confirmation, everything else is speculation. Though I do belief that Myah sings a lot more on BJ than we know. I was listening to Body Ache the other day and nothing in that song sounds like Britney. Same with Chillin' With You.

BraveNewSeth says we have confirmation Britney sings all lead vocals on Work *****, which contradicts your outrageous claim. Also, Britney's team DID deny the album dubbing allegation, so did Myah Maried herself more than once; I have all the receipts.

10 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I already told you that Body Ache has Britney's vocals fused in there with Myah's. The track wasn't finished with Britney so that's why it's literally 70% Myah / 30% Britney.

Ask yourself this question. Why in the world would ONE basic dance track need FIVE different vocal producers and engineers to finish it? Till the World Ends has a far more complicated production structure and it only has ONE vocal producer.

Would it be crazy to think they needed FIVE different professional teams working on this track in order to try and seamlessly unite two different vocal tracks together?

One of you say Body Ache is 100% Myah. The other, 70%. You see how much you are contradicting yourselves?! 

36 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

The Sia demo for Perfume  I heard lacks two verses. Many of your claims are either blatantly false or greatly exaggerated. Britney Spears sings on every single Britney Jean track. You'll need much greater evidence to support your claim that Myah Marie fully sang 5 BJ tracks... 

According to other Myah Jean conspiracists, Myah is not on It Should Be Easy, yet you claim she is w/ no proof. Myah only does background vocals on Chillin' With You (alongside Britney and Jamie Lynn per the official booklet). The "you, you" heard at the start of the song could be Myah's, and Britney and Jamie Lynn are on lead. Do you really think Jamie Lynn would have agreed to duet w/ her sister only for Myah Marie to dub the entirety of her vocals? You have no proof to back up this claim.

As forTill Its Gone , once again, Myah is on backups, and listening to that track, it always sounded like Britney to me (I'm Britney's age and I've been listening to her since 1998).

Britney Jean is rife with effects and filters, so of course, Britney might sound a bit different, but it's still her. And no, Work ***** is all Britney, and that so-called "a cappella lead vocal" YouTube upload doesn't prove anything. In the final version of Work *****, Myah's backup is heard in the bridge (it's the highest voice).

BraveNewSeth says we have confirmation Britney sings all lead vocals on Work *****, which contradicts your outrageous claim. Also, Britney's team DID deny the album dubbing allegation, so did Myah Maried herself more than once; I have all the receipts.

One of you say Body Ache is 100% Myah. The other, 70%. You see how much you are contradicting yourselves?! 

No one mentioned the Perfume demo? However, the demo you referenced (oddly enough) IS a fan remix, using the background vocals taken from the stems that leaked. This is one of two tracks that are completely Britney.

Those track don't have Britney's croaky vocals like the other trakcs. they have the higher voice (like the end of WB) that you referenced.

The multitrack pack has no tracks labelled ''Myah'', it just has ''Lead'' and ''BGV', here it is, taken from the pack, unlike the Alien ones that clearly are labelled ''Myah''. Its worth noting that the lead vocal isn't the individual stems, its layered vocals, as is the BGV.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0oteoVEmNxo 

and that was the lead single, the BGV feature the same voice (and its not britney's voice!). 

How are we contradicting each other? We're saying Britney didn't sing the large Majority of the track, Everyone knows there's a switch during the verses, but no one knows who the voices are, what's clear is that its definitely not Britney. However, there's backing singer listed, and it sounds just like Myah Marie, one of the writers of the tracks and a ''backing'' singer on the rest of the album, and features all the same vocal producers that are on the other Myah/Myah heavy tracks.

Is it not incredibly interesting that the two tracks that are clearly Britney's voice, with no debate to it, are Perfume AND Don't Cry. Neither of these tracks feature Anthony Preston, the main vocal producer on the album.

Jesus f**king christ, everything has been presented to you but you're choosing not listen to it, shooting down ACTUALLY FACT as ''fan made'' but actual fan made content as genuine stuff. tune the **** in. Delusional Flop fan.

also, @Arckangel, as much as you want to say ''these fans are conspiracy theorist! Britney's team wouldn't lie about this! These facts are fan made''. 
One thing we can all agree on is Myah is in Alien. We have the stems that are clearly labelled Myah. However, in the credits booklet, Alien's Additional vocals only feature Ana Diaz. 

Strange how the credits say one thing, but the stems (which are available for everyone to hear) clearly have myah? read the booklet yourself and look at the stems.

2 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Sis, I wouldn't say we're contradicting ourselves. We're mainly just speculating. The only songs we know for certain that Britney doesn't sing on are Alien and Passenger. But seriously, listen to Britney's vocals on BJ. I'm sorry, I think a lot of those vocals are Myah. She sings a lot more nasal than Britney does, and IMO it's evident when the album switches between Myah and Britney.

Archived