Is Britney a generic popstar?

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glory proves she still has good music. She's pretty and is still a decent entertainer. She definitely has an "it" factor that a lot of people dont have. But she's void of a real personality and she doesn't do a lot to improve herself. She lips, doesn't promote, ect. Overall I'd say there's too much groundwork there to solidify her legend status - but yeah, these days she's pretty basic. 

9 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Glory proves she still has good music. She's pretty and is still a decent entertainer. She definitely has an "it" factor that a lot of people dont have. But she's void of a real personality and she doesn't do a lot to improve herself. She lips, doesn't promote, ect. Overall I'd say there's too much groundwork there to solidify her legend status - but yeah, these days she's pretty basic. 

I honestly agree with this a lot. :forkit:

6 hours ago, December02 said:

Well maybe, but because she is the template that popstars base themselves off of. I wouldn't call her generic, just so iconic that she has been emulated to the point that she doesn't seem as relevant

So true tbh a lot of artists have used her formula and improved on it, making her less relevant and she hasn't evolved quick enough as an artist. I hate when other artists **** on her cause she literally paved the way for other young females to take over the industry.

Britney is like a cappuccino, a classic, the original.

Whereas other artists are serving Frappuccino with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and honeycomb pieces (McDonald's impact :selenerz:)

You get me? 

She needs to adapt her formula :angietea:

Guest Arckangel
9 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She popularized that **** blonde bombshell popstar image. So I can see why people would call her "generic" when everyone that was modeled after her was pretty generic themselves.

But do I think she's generic? No, her catalogue and aesthetic extend past basic.

Weren't that Madonna and Samantha Fox, though. I think they were the first ones to popularize that image.

But is being generic is bad though ?

I thought pop music in general is generic tbh, and I don't see nothing wrong with that. Cheesy music is good for me when I am in a bad mood.

Britney had her moments when she shined and it is okay not to be that outstanding in her career anymore (even though she can do more sometimes but that is another story) but she seems happy, still selling Vegas shows.

Archived