35 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

even changing a piece of a melody warrants a songwriting credit. songwriting is not just about the words. Beyoncé does it all the time. we don't know what Britney contributed or decided to the recording session, but her version is sung nothing like Katy's, lyrics aside.

EXACTLY. I remember reading an interview from 2001 where Britney confirmed that she came up with the melody for a lot of the song she wrote on Britney, instead of the lyrics. It's more common than a lot of us think. Having said that, I still think the BJ writing credits are fraudulent.

Anyways, we have confirmation that Britney sings all LEAD vocals on Work *****. Download the multitracks, there's no labeled files where Myah is on lead. We also know that Britney doesn't sing the "not alone" hook on Alien, the leaked stems confirm this. And last but not least,  *Nick, a popular Britney fan and remixer, confirmed that Britney only sings the verses on  Passenger and the chorus and middle 8 are all Myah and Sia. But that's all we have for confirmation, everything else is speculation. Though I do belief that Myah sings a lot more on BJ than we know. I was listening to Body Ache the other day and nothing in that song sounds like Britney. Same with Chillin' With You.

10 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

So you think that's Britney's voice in the lead vocal?

Care to comment on Passenger? The chorus contains absolutely zero Britney because the DJ that used the stems for this version said this is all the Britney vox that exist on this track...

What DJ? 

All of Britney's stems have not leaked or been released. You're actually the person that even explained stems to me, and I know there are so many missing stems from Britney's discography, including Britney Jean, so I highly doubt that just because it isn't public or on YouTube that this video is the only Britney vox from Passenger in the world. Makes zero sense, especially for a track that passed through Sia and Katy Perry. Give me a break.

2 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

EXACTLY. I remember reading an interview from 2001 where Britney confirmed that she came up with the melody for a lot of the song she wrote on Britney, instead of the lyrics. It's more common than a lot of us think. Having said that, I still think the BJ writing credits are fraudulent.

Anyways, we have confirmation that Britney sings all LEAD vocals on Work *****. Download the multitracks, there's no labeled files where Myah is on lead. We also know that Britney doesn't sing the "not alone" hook on Alien, the leaked stems confirm this. And last but not least,  *Nick, a popular Britney fan and remixer, confirmed that Britney only sings the verses on  Passenger and the chorus and middle 8 are all Myah and Sia. But that's all we have for confirmation, everything else is speculation. Though I do belief that Myah sings a lot more on BJ than we know. I was listening to Body Ache the other day and nothing in that song sounds like Britney. Same with Chillin' With You.

what about this though

10 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

*Nick, a popular Britney fan and remixer, confirmed that Britney only sings the verses on  Passenger and the chorus and middle 8 are all Myah and Sia. But that's all we have for confirmation, everything else is speculation. Though I do belief that Myah sings a lot more on BJ than we know. I was listening to Body Ache the other day and nothing in that song sounds like Britney. Same with Chillin' With You.

Can y'all post an article or video of this *Nick person saying this?! 

Y'all keep saying "so and so said" but where!!!!! :donewithit:

11 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

what about this though

This does not sound like Work *****. Granted I know it's before being produced but y'all can't keep claiming a track doesn't sound like Britney when this video also doesn't sound like the final cut. How can you prove Britney's final cut voice is missing or different than Myah's so called stem if none of them sound like the version on the album? When I listen to Work ***** on headphones, I hear multiple layers of vocals and shouting and while they may include Myah I don't think that automatically means Britney is GONE.

I for one heard Work ***** and immediately remembered Britney's British breakdown voice and have never second guessed her presence on the song. Again, this video... is nothing.

1 hour ago, ITZFFGL said:

It's not 100% the same.

for instance Katy sings "I can't let go and no-ot know" whereas Britney sings "I can't let go and not know" 

even changing a piece of a melody warrants a songwriting credit. songwriting is not just about the words. Beyoncé does it all the time. we don't know what Britney contributed or decided to the recording session, but her version is sung nothing like Katy's, lyrics aside.

Yeah i was gonna say this, sometimes people recieve a songwriting credit for the melody of the song itself and not the lyrics.

6 hours ago, vnisverx said:

I'm looking for PROOF of this conspiracy theory that Myah Marie sang most/all of the vocals on Britney Jean. As in, actual factual evidence that this is supposedly the secret truth.

Saying "I'm a fan, I know her voice" is not proof, it's opinion. Saying "Britney doesn't sound like that" or "The lyrics obviously aren't her style" is also not proof, it's more opinion. Please do not waste your time spamming this topic with your feelings and emotions and hunches. I want receipts, kiddos  :bichpls:

My opinion: I do NOT think that Myah Marie had as big a part in these vocals as most people say. When I hear Myah Marie's own songs and the demos that she makes for Britney, it's clear to me that their voices are similar but not identical. I'm not sure why everybody is so quick to completely forget power of electronic engineering of voices and pitch adjustment and all sorts of really nifty technology (e.g. Auto-Tune) used all over the music industry to intentionally modify the original vocals.

Britney Jean was obviously heavily edited vocally and in its overall production. I don't find this as a reason to entertain this ridiculous theory that Myah Marie is the main vocalist here. But if your claims can be fact-checked, then let's hear them.

Girl, where were you when my topic was up tenor.gif

I plugged in my headphones wrong and heard everything. Myah sung most of the song and in a few she helped Britney, while in a few more songs Britney sang by herself :queenflopga: 

5 minutes ago, Applejack said:

IDK, I just want to know what happened in the sessions for this album and in production, pre-production and post-production. Will we ever find that out?

Well the original sessions in 2012 were headed toward a more urban pop sound. She was reported working with Darkchild, Naughty Boy, William Orbit, Alex da Kid, Wiz Khalifa, Scoop DeVille and Hit-Boy.

In her Shape magazine interview she said herself "it's going to be more hip hop than pop". :( 

I want to believe in my heart that you're right and Britney would never do this.

However...

We know she's lazy AF. And we know that they rushed BJ to get it out before Vegas to use it to promote POM. I do believe that's the reason it's not amazing, bc they didn't have time to finish it. With that said, I can kind of see them cheating some of the vocals.

Her voice is such a mystery tbh :squintney: It's strange that nowadays we don't get to see her singing in the studio anymore other than in pictures. Was the last time in 2008?

And what about the last time we heard her entirely live? 2009?

!!! (How I wish I could've witnessed that live :otears: This performance is so raw, and it's just... so Britney Spears :crying11:)

And she's so changed now. I remember we got this clip of her in 2013, recording SMS with Miley. Tho here we just see her singing, because the audio is just the actual song. :wtfdidusay: She looks like she sounds different from what we hear in the song, do I make any sense? lol.

And then we got those photos during the making of Glory:

aw.jpg

2F7233C500000578-3363666-image-m-48_1450

2F72340500000578-3363666-image-m-54_1450

And her real singing voice has become such a mystery that although I can see her in those pictures, I can't reall picture her recording, say, What You Need or Private Show. It's so weird! :receipts2:  I got off topic lol, but it's kinda related to this conspiracy stuff. I'm sure she sang pretty much of Glory, even some background vocals, and extra voices here and there. It's a great album! Britney Jean though... It's alone another whole mystery! I honestly think there had to be a lot of Myah in the album because there wasn't much of Britney to begin with. Or maybe Britney did sing but then everything got messed up because of the producers and mixers (Will.i.am I'm looking at you). Britney Jean was a rushed project and Britney was busy with all the Vegas thing. Myah or not, it ended up being a mess and Britney is not shining in it. :britstare:

By the way, I  just remembered she sang during the Jonathan Ross interview, but it doesn't count. I mean, she was singing with helium! :selenerz:

4 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

Can y'all post an article or video of this *Nick person saying this?! 

Y'all keep saying "so and so said" but where!!!!! :donewithit:

I can't exactly remember where he said it. I think it was in an interview after he released his acoustic remix of Passenger. I vividly remember him saying it because back then I was a HUGE supporter of BJ and was disappointed when I found out Myah sings lead on Passenger.