2 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

How is this video not all the proof you need? You can deny it all you want, but the fact is that Britney completely phoned BJ in. Vocally, taking writing credits for songs she didn't write, etc. The album features more of Myah than it should, and that's just the facts.

I've heard this already. I can believe the first bit for "Alien", if anything, but the rest is fake. It sounds like somebody stripped the vocals from the original song and said, "SEE? It's Myah, not Britney!" If we had Myah's isolated vocals from recording sessions, that'd be more substantial, but this video isn't.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, vnisverx said:

I've heard this already. I can believe the first bit for "Alien", if anything, but the rest is fake. It sounds like somebody stripped the vocals from the original song and said, "SEE? It's Myah, not Britney!" If we had Myah's isolated vocals from recording sessions, that'd be more substantial, but this video isn't.

:yeaok:

3 minutes ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

Probably you won't find any real proves cuz that is obviously between her team, Myah, producers and Britney herself. But I can remember it was a huge scandal back then and I can even remember reading about it in my local newspaper, printef on a big page lol it was said that even her father admitted his daughter is doing the singing for her. That's all I have lol

Huge scandal? Where do you live? Because in America, nobody cared and nobody knows a Myah Marie. 

I had to search for this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2504769/Britney-Spears-backup-singer-Myah-Marie-denies-dubbing-new-album.html

And Myah denied her dad's claim. He was just some random old man talking **** :donewithit:

She does background vocals and she CAN sound like a Britney. Doesn't mean she sang Britney Jean. 

This story was only a factor on forums and y'all have this inflated and delusional idea that people cared elsewhere because you're interacting with other pop fans. It's a conspiracy and everyone ACTUALLY involved (producers, Myah) do NOT support these BS claims and it was not a major story in the US. I'd love to know where some of y'all are from where this was allegedly in newspapers. Britney jean was overshadowed by the start of vegas, nobody cared about this album or anything on it.

13 minutes ago, notacamwhore said:

Wouldn't she have to be named on the credits as a vocalist? Isn't it fraud saying its a britney spears song but she doesn't sing on it?

Well they also put her for the songwriting when hasn't wrote a single verse lol

She pulled a Beyonce this time. It is their project, they can basically do whatever they want

7 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

Huge scandal? Where do you live? Because in America, nobody cared and nobody knows a Myah Marie. 

I had to search for this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2504769/Britney-Spears-backup-singer-Myah-Marie-denies-dubbing-new-album.html

And Myah denied her dad's claim. He was just some random old man talking **** :donewithit:

She does background vocals and she CAN sound like a Britney. Doesn't mean she sang Britney Jean. 

This story was only a factor on forums and y'all have this inflated and delusional idea that people cared elsewhere because you're interacting with other pop fans. It's a conspiracy and everyone ACTUALLY involved (producers, Myah) do NOT support these BS claims and it was not a major story in the US. I'd love to know where some of y'all are from where this was allegedly in newspapers. Britney jean was overshadowed by the start of vegas, nobody cared about this album or anything on it.

Where do I live? Well obviously not in the US:bigkiss:

49 minutes ago, TeaWaiter said:

you want receipts, use your ears

If you were a fan/stan you would easily recognize Britney's voice, in the case of BJ that was Myah... it was Myah who sang 80% of the album, Britney only sang Perfume & Hold On Tight in full.... maybe be Britney sang all the songs but Myah's voice was taking over the songs, it was like Britney was doing the background vocals for Myah.

BJ  was  so rushed, they needed something to promote the vegas residency and Britney was so busy rehearsing in such a short time so they hired Myah since she helped and did some great background vocals on FF and nobody complained

the original concept of BJ was a Blackout 2.0 so many hip hop producers submitted tracks for Britney but all of them were rejected in the last minute and that's another reason why BJ was rushed

They said it was her most personal album ever and she wrote on every song... that's a lie ! she pulled a Beyoncé this time and Katy's demo of passenger proves it

I can hear Myah on Hold on tight as well.

20 minutes ago, notacamwhore said:

Wouldn't she have to be named on the credits as a vocalist? Isn't it fraud saying its a britney spears song but she doesn't sing on it?

They don't have to provide percentage of who did what part of recording.
It's not granola bar :nobitch:
I still like to listen ISBE and never was hater of BA.

This is an interesting topic. We all at least agree on one common theme. The album was auto tuned to death. From there we got the following:

1. Fans claiming it's Myah and not Britney or

2. The vocals are so auto tuned to the point they don't even sound like Britney hence see 1 above. 

We do live in an age where there is literally an auto tune character pop star in Japan, but her being the only one I can think of I do t really see auto tune fully replacing singers lol. Hatsune Miku is just the exception. 

I have yet to really see receipts and people who do have access to receipts might have harmful information that as fans of Britney they wouldn't leak. I just think the whole situation is bizarre though. Sure Myah could be part of this whole conspiracy. But why would she be credited on some tracks and not others. I do agree that in some songs her backing vocals actually sound like lead vocals but it's not like we haven't had this situation before.  For example, in He about to lose me Britney's vocals are basically backing vocals on the chorus. But in this scenario the backing vocalist is still credited and we have receipts with the backing vocalist discussing the matter and how she was surprised but honored to be featured on the track. 

But that's one song versus the entirety of Brenda Joan. A song like it should be deleted is so auto tuned that it doesn't matter who sang it. Even if it was Britney it sounds too far edited to be enjoyable. 

Someone mentioned the stems pack had some of the files which are supposedly labeled Myah labeled as such. I think another possibility people don't consider as much is that it Myah might be telling the truth and it could be another unnamed backing vocalist. Again, it could be nobody and just an engineered vocalist. I just don't see why Myah would take some credit and not all. 

Then again, things like the shady writing credits on passenger don't provide receipts but do raise suspicion. What did she write? She added a yeah. (Well Myah did if you believe that's her.) 

Overall, Broenda Juanita had many other issues aside from the Myah debate to save the album. Literally pick from any of the following: writing credits, "personal", lack of artist growth, bland, rushed, not promoted, 2 singles. 

I still enjoy some of the songs but they do get skipped a lot while I've got my music on random. But do be careful what you wish for TC. You might get what you asked for and wish you didn't. 

2 minutes ago, falka said:

They don't have to provide percentage of who did what part of recording.
It's not granola bar :nobitch:
I still like to listen ISBE and never was hater of BA.

Granola bar omg bb I'm dead. :orangu:

But this is a strong point. For example, in the Spice girls posh didn't get as many solo parts but she was definitely loved. It was scary that no one wanted to be. However, scary did get a significant amount of solo parts. (I feel like sporty/ Mel c got the most. Then baby/ginger depending on the tone of the song. The. Ginger. Finally posh. At least posh got some of the best lines even if it wasn't as many. Viva forever omg ❤️❤️)

I mean Myah Marie did also backgroundvocals on Femme Fatale, for example the "Come on" is not Britney, she was on like 8 tracks? And i only heard her Hold It Against Me backgroundvocals, which are actually good and the way it should be, but what is with the rest? Seriously, confusing.

Britneys voice is somewhere there, but they had to rush everything, on this version:

you can actually hear 2 voices, and random question: Why edit this beautiful version, why?

On Work ***** it is so clesr, they did use some Britneyvocals but come on:

Is not what Britneys voice sounds like at all.

7 minutes ago, soeffnperf said:

I have yet to really see receipts and people who do have access to receipts might have harmful information that as fans of Britney they wouldn't leak. I just think the whole situation is bizarre though. Sure Myah could be part of this whole conspiracy. But why would she be credited on some tracks and not others. I do agree that in some songs her backing vocals actually sound like lead vocals but it's not like we haven't had this situation before.  For example, in He about to lose me Britney's vocals are basically backing vocals on the chorus. But in this scenario the backing vocalist is still credited and we have receipts with the backing vocalist discussing the matter and how she was surprised but honored to be featured on the track. 

Precisely. People on this forum need to wake up. This was also the case with "Early Mornin'" and "Get Naked (I Got a Plan)".

Just now, vnisverx said:

Precisely. People on this forum need to wake up. This was also the case with "Early Mornin'" and "Get Naked (I Got a Plan)".

Yeah ppl think it's Danja singing the chorus but it's not. It's one of the song writers. I can't remember if he took. Backing vocals credit either. I think his name is Jim Beatz or idk nor do I care to look it up lmao. Danja did provide vocals on the bridge though. Penelope Mangnet did the chorus for Early mornin'. I noticed that producers sometimes skip the vocals credit because they are mostly producers and want to be known as such. They will never go out and perform the song, so they prefer it like that. 

1 hour ago, vnisverx said:

Thank you for a reply with some actual substance and for not saying "Just listen to the songs" (did the rest of you even read the initial post?). I hadn't heard anything about file names being listed under Myah.

I can't say that "Body Ache" is more Myah than Britney, because what about "Trip To Your Heart"? What about "Shattered Glass"? What about lots of other Britney songs that are intentionally modified and distorted vocally...?

The Alien stems are the most concrete evidence that we have. They are labeled Myah for Myah's takes, while Britney only has takes for the verses. Keep in mind that the claimed "warm-up" take is actually the vocal take of Britney that's used in the final song, it's just heavily processed. In the stems, Myah has multiple takes recording the chorus as well as "take me home". Interestingly, Britney recorded her own take of "take me home" but it wasn't used. Myah's and Britney's takes of these are so different that it is obviously not Britney singing that part on the final song.

In "Hold On Tight", the vocal frequencies switch between words. It's a very strange way to edit, but wouldn't be so odd if Britney had recorded multiple takes of the song herself and they just worked through those, a technique used in many songs. In this case however, words and syllables in the song swap from Britney to Myah throughout the song. The most obvious is "He comes to me in (very short pause) my dreams".

Furthermore, we have solid evidence that Britney was not the main writer for Passenger or Tik Tik Boom, yet she is listed as such. It wouldn't be a stretch for other things on the album to be... inaccurate.

The only song performed in the original, first show of POM to be widely accepted to contain mostly Myah vocals is "Work *****". That is notably the only song in the entire show with new pre-recorded vocals.

Finally, Nick*, a Britney fan and remixer who has no reason to lie and has access to the stems has stated the existence of main Myah vocals on Passenger and Alien.

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Listen to that high note in Passenger. (JUST ENJOY THE RIIIIIIIDEEEEEE) When has Britney ever launched a vocal like that, so high and nasal? Her belts are always very sweet and airy, sometimes they even crack.

That note sounds edited to me, but we can't say that Britney didn't sing it—and I don't want to use subjective hearing as evidence. Also, Glory is testament that she can play with her voice.

BUT, let's say that Myah Marie did indeed sing this line. So what about this acoustic version? This sounds like all Britney to me, but again, we're not using our listening as evidence.

I like the songs Britney actually sings on like Don't Cry, BMS, Alien etc. but the fact that it is obvious on some tracks it's NOT Britney just ruins the entire album for me. Although I own it for the sake of supporting Britney, I don't even consider it a Britney album :angietea: 

Archived