What was it like living during Primeney era?

Brunetteknee

I'm truly gagged....I was born in '02 so I was a baby when primeney was snatching left and right....but I was like....8 or 9 during FF era which is when I started liking her and only 5 or 6 during the breakdown....I know I could go see her vegas shows but I so wish I could go back to '01 or bomt era and see her preform at her mall tours or something....knowing a lot of you were old enough to see her during primeney era what was it like? Was she really everywhere like people say she was?

giphy.gif(Me listening to Overprotected the darkchild remix in my moms womb)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

I wasn't a fan yet, but she still made a huge impact on my childhood because she was indeed everywhere 

Like someone said, it was a mania, kinda like the Harry Potter mania

The star of a generation :tiffanynod:

I was 2 when BOMT the single came out. I started liking Britney around 2005.

My first cd was Greatest Hits: My Prerogative, man I saw that CD at my grocery store in the eco pack and I begged my mom to buy it for me. She eventually did and I still own the CD but I have played it so so sooooo much that it keeps hanging on several tracks. I remember me disliking Boys and Outrageous. (Now I like them obviously).

And my second album was Blackout, I remember I was pile dancing at the street light at my school lmao! Other kids were shook but Gimme More released the hoe inside little me :mybodyisready:

So I kinda missed Primeney too but ever since Blackout, I was there. I went immediately to the store after shool to buy Circus and did the same with TSC and FF. BJ I pre ordered and Glory I waited a week for it because of the price here.

But the Circus era was amazing too tbh! I was so excited for the release and her GMA performances!!!

My parents even tried to hide the fact The Circus Tour was coming to Belgium but bish I found out and dragged my mom over there to see her the very first time:letitburn:. Then later I went to the FF tour with friends

Happy times!

YES! she was everywhere... tv, magazines, tshirts, posters, shoes, backpacks, dolls etc.... i remember when my grandmother bought me my first britney doll.. the sometimes one. 

It was a HUGE shelf with just Britney dolls in different outfits and i couldnt decide but finally took the Sometimes white pants and crop top. Where ever you went or watched she showed up and its hard to even understand how big she was. Like the Spice girls... i saved all my money just to buy the Oops cd and that album was everything when i had my teenage crushes and stuff like that lol... i was 13 when that came out and i BEGGED my mom to go to the Oops tour but I never got to see her live, we didnt have alot of money so my fist time seeing her was TCSBS... :sickofu: but i was slayed tho :crying4:

I was a fan from the debut of BOMT (I was 12),

Being a fan was great because it was just one thing after the other, even GP knew what britney was up to, her songs were played on the radio and people knew them. With every single released, there was a new surprise, video's just blew you away and you couldn't stop watching them because it was like a new Britney every single video.

I think the Britney era was the craziest, it was video after video, really heavy choreography, weekly promo performances, pepsi commercials, the DWAD dvd, Britney weekend on Mtv,  etc. That was the era I discovered breatheheavy and honestly it was something new every day. 

Wow! I keep forgetting how young some people here are. I was 9 when BOMT came out. Primeney feels like yesterday. Maybe it's because I stopped following her during Circus but tbh, Britney was really something during 2001-2004. There was a britney everything. There were even keychains with Britney's face on them. She was in the news every single day or if not, it was every other day. And u have to remember, this was pre facebook, twitter and all social media. Hell, even tmz didn't exist at that time and in 2007, tmz was huge. I don't know how it happened but everywhere you turned, there was Britney. If u hated Britney during this time then tough luck, you were going to put up with it because she wasn't going anywhere. Literally. She was in your face so much that you went through hate phases with her. 

I think when the pepsi commercial hit the air, thats when Britney mania truly exploded. After that, it was **** britney, vma britney, single britney, party girl britney, homewrecker britney(not bashing), 55 hr marriage britney, Chaotic Britney, Married Britney, Mommy Britney etc.. It was a rollercoaster. It was like she was doing all these things with no break at all. Come to think of it, I don't even think she slept well during that time. There wasn't anything she wasn't doing at that time. U really couldn't take a break from Britney. 

Aside from that, everyone always said that she was doing all those things because she wasn't relevant anymore (LOL). There were Avril Lavigne and the likes of her who were really determined to showcase Britney as a ******* barbie who had nothing to offer besides *** and it was made cool to hate on britney. She was criticized a lot.. for everything. There were even 'shows' on her 'reckless' behavior that made fun of her. (Ex. Britney's most shocking moments, Britney: Unzipped). People really loved to hate her because in reality, almost everyone out there was jealous of her in some way. Some were jealous because she was a huge popstar, some were jealous because she was pretty, some were jealous because they thought they we more talented than she was yet she was getting all the attention etc.. Chaotic gave people the perfect opportunity to bash her and people loved doing that. Then when the news of Britney's child falling from a hit the news, people took the opportunity to destroy her. Im not defending this at all but most of us arent huge popstars who make mistakes in the public eye. She wasnt a regular celebrity. She was a superstar. Everybody wanted to see her be supermom but she's only human. Every scruitny britney received during her prime was out of jealousy. Yes, there were some people out there who really did hate her because she wasn't their cup of tea but for the most part, it was mainly jealousy. Britney's popularity rubbed people the wrong way and everyone took it out on her. Her 2007 breakdown was one of the biggest (if not the biggest) in hollywood because of how famous she became. People really destroyed her because of how famous and popular she became. She was in your face 24/7 and it was starting to piss everyone off. 

Wow, I spoke a lot! Lol. Honestly, Britney's rise to fame and prime is something you had to experience. I don't think it can be described in details. Even during her breakdown, tmz reporters had specific cellphones only for Britney (Watch Britney: Speared by the paps) I doubt her fame would be repeated anytime soon. Sorry for the crazy hyperlinks but you guys should really watch some of these documentaries on her.  

omg Im so old

I was  10 when Britney release Oops I did it again 

love in the first sign 

Oops was my first album 

everybody loves britney even my straight friends

everybody

:otears:

even my mum

EVEN MY DAN AND MY GRAN MOTHER 

:bigtime:

my dad still thinks she is one of the most beautiful women 

he watched POM video and he was like OMG is she Britney? she looks good... and I was like ,,, she is better now dad

Everyone loved her, I mean everyone! She was everywhere: in every music channel, on HBO specials, on TV News, on the radio,  on CD stores. It was always so amazing to wait for a new music video of hers to come out coz you knew she would slay our lives, she was the keen of music videos, kween of dancing, her clothes were selling in different stores, she was a real trend.

Those were the greastest years of my life tbh, I was a teenager and she ruled the earth :tifftear::tifftear::tifftear::tifftear:

Then it all changed suddenly, she became a pop icon but at the same time a disrespected one :(:(:(:(

She was everywhere. You know how today everyone listens to Despacito? It was like that with her every single! Boys, girls, mothers, fathers... everyone was listening to her.. almost every week she was on a cover of Bravo magazine and other newspapers/magazines.. her posters were there all the time... I was waiting with friends in front of TV to watch her new video and to record it on VHS tape so that we can rewind it all the time and learn her choreos :crying2: She was a God back then :bow:

8 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Everyone loved her, I mean everyone! She was everywhere: in every music channel, on HBO specials, on TV News, on the radio,  on CD stores. It was always so amazing to wait for a new music video of hers to come out coz you knew she would slay our lives, she was the keen of music videos, kween of dancing, her clothes were selling in different stores, she was a real trend.

Those were the greastest years of my life tbh, I was a teenager and she ruled the earth :tifftear::tifftear::tifftear::tifftear:

Then it all changed suddenly, she became a pop icon but at the same time a disrespected one :(:(:(:(

she (we) needs a live ******* performance sis

we are unarmed :otears: please :wendycry:britney 

4dd8213091fc970b1d4d1741e7b7b352.gif

Archived