Avg. Ticket Prices for Britney, Other Top Female Artists

LostInAnImage

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse
18 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Funny, my little brother just saw Metallica live this past weekend. He is this very clean-cut, straight A's, pre-med student majoring in Neuroscience, so it shocked the hell out of me (I mean, he listens to classical music while studying, for gods sake) :quirkney:

The cheapest show I've been to is probably Kelly Clarkson, but those were still like $130. But she is so damn good live, I've seen her four times. I suppose she is my main exception in preferring an elaborate performance rather than simply amazing live vocals. 

Most expensive I've attended is probably Gaga's Born This Way Ball. They were close to $300, so I guess I really shouldn't be too shocked people pay $400 for Adele. 

But, I do have one firm rule no matter the concert: floor seats/general admission only!:makesomenoise: 

Unless you can get right up to the stage, where it's like a big dance party and you actually feel like a part of the show rather than simply a spectator in the stands, surrounded by a bunch of people sitting down, then I don't think it's worth it at all, TBH. 

Cool about your little brother, do you think he just wanted something different?

I have sometimes listened to classical music while studying too,  just because it can make me concentrate the best. Classical music is great, although I can get tired of it quickly too, unless I am in a special mood. So yeah, it totally depends on my mood.

I shall see some youtube video of Kelly Clarkson's lives, just to get a hint. :quirkney: 

Whenever I can, I am always in the front too. I often go to the concerts that are more rock/metal/punk/industrial. I have also been to minor pop or alternative pop concerts, usually the artists dance at least a little, sometimes they can be extremely expressive without seeming to have a special pre-thought choreography. I would like to see artists like Peaches and CupcakKe. I haven't been to any major pop spectacle, but I am sure that I will highly enjoy it when I will see my first. I promise lol :giggleney: 

5 hours ago, IonutM said:

that's it normal for the cheapest ticket in Romania . In 2009 Gaga performed here too and prices started from around 40 dollars.The salaries are really low here(300 dollars on a full time job for no-qualification jobs-i mean  low jobs not like teacher, doctor etc) and that's why.

Thanks for the response, I admittedly know very little about Romania but love to travel and learn as much about other places as possible :)

1 hour ago, Diamond Horse said:

Cool about your little brother, do you think he just wanted something different?

I have sometimes listened to classical music while studying too,  just because it can make me concentrate the best. Classical music is great, although I can get tired of it quickly too, unless I am in a special mood. So yeah, it totally depends on my mood.

I shall see some youtube video of Kelly Clarkson's lives, just to get a hint. :quirkney: 

Whenever I can, I am always in the front too. I often go to the concerts that are more rock/metal/punk/industrial. I have also been to minor pop or alternative pop concerts, usually the artists dance at least a little, sometimes they can be extremely expressive without seeming to have a special pre-thought choreography. I would like to see artists like Peaches and CupcakKe. I haven't been to any major pop spectacle, but I am sure that I will highly enjoy it when I will see my first. I promise lol :giggleney: 

Okay, so I took the liberty of finding just a few examples of Kelly Clarkson's incredible and wide-ranging vocal abilities on your behalf. :bgrin:

Because her own hit songs are so radio-friendly, they unnecessarily use auto tune and they're so commercial they just don't come close to displaying the extent of her talent. Plus, she's so humble, she refrains from doing any vocal gymnastics, so you don't even realize what all she's capable of until suddenly she effortlessly nails a note people think only the likes of Mariah and Whitney can do (e.g., whistle note in "Natural Woman" performance below).

She also does a lot of covers; while touring, at every single show she takes a fan request of any song by any artist, and has pulled every genre off flawlessly except (unsurprisingly) "Lose Yourself." :quirkney: But I still give her props for trying, she even put on a gray hoodie to look like Eminem. :hehehe: 

She also does a lot of highly soulful acapella/acoustic renditions of her own (often Max Martin written & produced) pop songs, which is why I'm so excited she's switched record labels and is finally working on that soul album she's always wanted to do. 

ANYWAY, please at least watch these four videos as a very small example of her unbelievable talent and let me know your thoughts :plzney:

(And yes, I know I'm being psycho and sound like I stalk Kelly Clarkson and have a shrine in my closet or something, please just humor me :quirkney:

SHE DID THAT:

(This last one is particularly impressive because it was live at Obama's second presidential inauguration, where Beyoncé actually admitted to lipsynching the National Anthem due to it being such a high-pressure situation, and said most artists use prerecorded vocals in those circumstances):

Guest Diamond Horse
On 21.6.2017 at 5:01 AM, LostInAnImage said:

Okay, so I took the liberty of finding just a few examples of Kelly Clarkson's incredible and wide-ranging vocal abilities on your behalf. :bgrin:

Because her own hit songs are so radio-friendly, they unnecessarily use auto tune and they're so commercial they just don't come close to displaying the extent of her talent. Plus, she's so humble, she refrains from doing any vocal gymnastics, so you don't even realize what all she's capable of until suddenly she effortlessly nails a note people think only the likes of Mariah and Whitney can do (e.g., whistle note in "Natural Woman" performance below).

She also does a lot of covers; while touring, at every single show she takes a fan request of any song by any artist, and has pulled every genre off flawlessly except (unsurprisingly) "Lose Yourself." :quirkney: But I still give her props for trying, she even put on a gray hoodie to look like Eminem. :hehehe: 

She also does a lot of highly soulful acapella/acoustic renditions of her own (often Max Martin written & produced) pop songs, which is why I'm so excited she's switched record labels and is finally working on that soul album she's always wanted to do. 

ANYWAY, please at least watch these four videos as a very small example of her unbelievable talent and let me know your thoughts :plzney:

(And yes, I know I'm being psycho and sound like I stalk Kelly Clarkson and have a shrine in my closet or something, please just humor me :quirkney:

SHE DID THAT:

(This last one is particularly impressive because it was live at Obama's second presidential inauguration, where Beyoncé actually admitted to lipsynching the National Anthem due to it being such a high-pressure situation, and said most artists use prerecorded vocals in those circumstances):

Thank you, I loved witnessing her vocal abilities. Her voice is so relaxing and the way she uses it really has this smooth relaxing quality. On top of it all, she seems like a good person.

Oh dear, I just watched the biography of Snowden and now happened to watch a video of Obama's 2nd inauguration. I loved it for her singing

Archived