Avg. Ticket Prices for Britney, Other Top Female Artists

LostInAnImage

Forbes: "Adele Beats Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga As Most Expensive Fan Ticket, TickPick Says."

Female_Pop_Stars_TickPick-Hi-Res-1200x12

Excerpt: 

Adele fans buying on the secondary marketplace make her the runaway winner as the female artist with the most expensive concert tickets, according to TickPick. The British singer is way in front of rivals Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, and Beyoncé.

Adele fans are prepared to pay an average of nearly $395.79 for tickets to her shows, the statistics say, based the online marketplace’s data on events from 2013 to date. Adele’s nearest rival is Swift, on $236.65 - some $160 a ticket behind. Of the 10 most popular female artists, Ariana Grande has the least expensive average ticket, at $107.12.

“The main factor that drives prices is simply supply versus demand,” according to Joe Cassitto, Head of Broker Relations at TickPick. “As artists are more popular and their bodies of work more listened to, they will have higher average ticket prices.”

The second factor driving ticket prices is the decisions the artist makes when going on tour, Cassitto said. This includes the type of venue – for example, football and baseball stadiums versus basketball/ hockey arenas - and the amount of tour dates per city.

The larger the venue and the more dates per city, the lower the average prices will be because there are increased opportunities to attend the concert. This can be good news for the consumer, with cheaper ticket prices, but can hurt the artist’s profits with lesser turnout per show.

“Katy Perry is one artist aware of this,” said Cassitto. “She performs at arenas instead of stadiums, and never adds more than two shows per city while on tour.”

Full link:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markbeech/2017/06/14/adele-beats-taylor-swift-lady-Gaga-as-most-expensive-fan-ticket-tickpick-says/#295fbc874741 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse

Adele, among others, has tried very hard to prevent resales of tickets from other sites. Her official site caters for original sales not to touts, and fan-to-fan resale for those who genuinely cannot attend, for never more than their original value. Those picking up tickets, priced at fair levels such as $49.50, may have to show the original confirmation e-mail and further photographic ID proof. Still, hundreds of tickets have appeared on other resale websites for as much as $35,000. 

:thirsty: 

My thoughts: Adele is clearly a very talented vocalist, but I simply cannot imagine spending  an average of $400.00 to see her live. :ohnoney:

I personally prefer a pop show that emphasizes overall production and spectacle, with choreography, special effects, etc., rather than vocals alone. Nevertheless, no matter how entertaining the show is, I rarely pay over ~$200 (for floor seats).

What's the most you have paid/would be willing to pay to see Britney and/or your other favorite pop artists?

Guest Diamond Horse
1 minute ago, LostInAnImage said:

My thoughts: Adele is clearly a very talented vocalist, but I simply cannot imagine spending $400.00 to see her live. :ohnoney:

I personally perform a pop show that emphasizes overall production and spectacle, with choreography, special effects, etc., rather than vocals alone. Nevertheless, no matter how entertaining the show is, I rarely pay over ~$200 (for floor seats).

What's the most you have paid/would be willing to pay to see Britney and/or your other favorite pop artists?

I've paid 80 dollars for Manowar. It was last year. :forkit:

Guest Diamond Horse

Usually I am cheaper, even if just a little. 

But my biggest one has been Metallica. It was more than ten years ago and with different currency than we have now in our country. Now it would definitely be more than Britney's average

6 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

My thoughts: Adele is clearly a very talented vocalist, but I simply cannot imagine spending  an average of $400.00 to see her live. :ohnoney:

I personally prefer a pop show that emphasizes overall production and spectacle, with choreography, special effects, etc., rather than vocals alone. Nevertheless, no matter how entertaining the show is, I rarely pay over ~$200 (for floor seats).

The most I've paid is $300 for the freakin FFT, and I didn't even get to go. I saw POM twice though, like $80 the first time then I got GA for $150. 

I almost bought a M&G because I hit $10k in jackpots a few hours before the show :forkit:1

Also notable: of the top 10 female artists mentioned here, Britney has the longest career by far, and yet is exactly in the median of the price range. It's honestly pretty impressive her fanbase is still large and devoted enough to continue to pay as much, if not more, to see her live as the fans of the other far newer artists who naturally have greater relevancy in the current pop climate.

26 minutes ago, patr!ckjean said:

The most I've paid is $300 for the freakin FFT, and I didn't even get to go. I saw POM twice though, like $80 the first time then I got GA for $150. 

I almost bought a M&G because I hit $10k in jackpots a few hours before the show :forkit:1

$300?! Why didn't you get to go?

Also, what was your experience of POM in person? I'm still debating whether or not to attempt to make it to Vegas by December. I attended the Circus Tour live and genuinely had a good time, (and also had tickets for Onyx back in the day, but my date was among those canceled :crying11:).

But the quality of the clips from the POM shows just seem to vacillate so much, that I never know if it'll be worth it or not (even though I obviously love her, I'm a graduate student and due to very limited funds don't want to spend a ton of money on travel, hotel, etc if the show is just not up to par).

Also, you won 10k in Vegas!?! :oI've been to Vegas one time, played exactly one slot machine and won 8 cents. And that concludes my history of gambling. :britdrown:

24 minutes ago, 3Pney said:

If britney keeps performing like this, she ll switch the places with ariana :queenflopga:

I've never really watched any of her performances before, but I think her voice is fantastic, Dangerous Woman is a great pop album, and I was super impressed by the clips I did see from the Manchester Benefit Concert. :soyeah:

12 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

$300?! Why didn't you get to go?

Also, what was your experience of POM in person? I'm still debating whether or not to attempt to make it to Vegas by December. I attended the Circus Tour live and genuinely had a good time, (and also had tickets for Onyx back in the day, but my date was among those canceled :crying11:).

But the quality of the clips from the POM shows just seem to vacillate so much, that I never know if it'll be worth it or not (even though I obviously love her, I'm a graduate student and due to very limited funds don't want to spend a ton of money on travel, hotel, etc if the show is just not up to par).

Also, you won 10k in Vegas!?! :oI've been to Vegas one time, played exactly one slot machine and won 8 cents. And that concludes my history of gambling. :britdrown:

Like a week before the concert my boss at the time told me because of us being short-staffed if I took my scheduled vacation I'd lose my job. So. Yeah. He got fired a year or two later so karma did her job. 

I would advise to go see her. The show itself was good, my second time I was in the pit and was right on stage and she smiled at me a couple times which made me die dead. Lol. Plus the whole ambiance is bliss. Idk if it's still so "Britney heavy" but she is/was EVERYWHERE there. On taxis, obvs all over PH, and... yeah. I'd go. I'm trying to scheme my way back one last time myself. 

Haha and yeah I won pretty good. I gave my cocktail waitress a nice fat tip and lived it up for the rest of my trip. 

2 hours ago, Diamond Horse said:

Usually I am cheaper, even if just a little. 

But my biggest one has been Metallica. It was more than ten years ago and with different currency than we have now in our country. Now it would definitely be more than Britney's average

Funny, my little brother just saw Metallica live this past weekend. He is this very clean-cut, straight A's, pre-med student majoring in Neuroscience, so it shocked the hell out of me (I mean, he listens to classical music while studying, for gods sake) :quirkney:

The cheapest show I've been to is probably Kelly Clarkson, but those were still like $130. But she is so damn good live, I've seen her four times. I suppose she is my main exception in preferring an elaborate performance rather than simply amazing live vocals. 

Most expensive I've attended is probably Gaga's Born This Way Ball. They were close to $300, so I guess I really shouldn't be too shocked people pay $400 for Adele. 

But, I do have one firm rule no matter the concert: floor seats/general admission only!:makesomenoise: 

Unless you can get right up to the stage, where it's like a big dance party and you actually feel like a part of the show rather than simply a spectator in the stands, surrounded by a bunch of people sitting down, then I don't think it's worth it at all, TBH. 

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

I've never really watched any of her performances before, but I think her voice is fantastic, Dangerous Woman is a great pop album, and I was super impressed by the clips I did see from the Manchester Benefit Concert. :soyeah:

I saw her first tour and was suposed to see her again here in Belgium but then Manchester happened and she cancelled. Ariana could ask way more if you ask me. Amazing vocalists and energy! For 60 euro you have the best seats. Britneys FF tour was 115 euro for that same seat section...... Lady Gaga is asking the same with her Joanne tour as Britney did

22 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

How come tix are this expensive in the US? I paid 91 euro for Gagas Joanne tour and it is the second best seating place. The most expensive seating section is around 120 euro. HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET 400 DOLLARS? Unless it are VIP packages. ...

1. You're so lucky you got Joanne World Tour tickets for less than 100€. She's coming to my current city in December, but I still haven't been able to buy tickets because the general admission currently ranges from $500-8,000 (seriously). 

2. Basically, what happens a lot here is that the minute tickets go on sale, people/computers buy them in bulk (the max number they're allowed to buy at once), but since they are the fixed ranges for the artist, they're affordable (like, probably max $150 for general admission).

Well, because those certain people bought as many tickets as possible right away, the concert is immediately sold out. So then, the only way to get tickets isn't through the original promoter, but a third-party like Stub Hub, where these same people sell those $150 tickets back for whatever price they arbitrarily decide, basically as high as possible so they can see how much people desperate for tickets to this sold-out show are willing to pay. 

Luckily, most fans aren't crazy enough to spend thousands on a ticket, so then the original buyers have to start dropping their ticket prices drastically on these third-party websites whenever it's closer to the concert date and they haven't made their money back by selling them all yet. But even though they drop them drastically, they still ultimately wind up being much more than the actual official price ever was. 

So, unfortunately, for pretty much every big pop concert here, unless you manage to somehow get a pre-sale or a ticket the exact second they first go on sale,  you'll wind up paying between 2-3x the actual face value of the ticket in the end. 

Archived