'It's like she's trying to be Britney and failing'

Posted by Cinderalla Love in another thread,

4 hours ago, Cinderella love said:

The thing with britney is that she isnt afraid to be **** and I dont think there really is any confidence problem either anymore. It's like she doesnt know whats ****, cool and  fluent anymore. I dont know... Its like watching someone trying to be Britney and failing

Nail on the head. This is what bothers me about Britney's performances currently, even when she has energy, something about her execution is just 'off'. I noticed this I think for the first time last year, when she posted the instagram clips of her 'music video' for 'Breathe On Me' , it looked cringe, desperate and embarrassing and not **** at all IMO. I love Britney to bits, but her performing style nowadays just reminds me of someone doing a bad impersonation of her. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she's out of touch. but can't blame her, so am i, but at age 19 lmao. no but, she's just kinda in her own little world. her instagram shows her uniqueness. she doesn't have that fierce, "i'm a *** vixen and i know it," competitive vibe anymore. she just has this happy, innocent, childlike state of mind where she just wants to take care of her kids and be happy in her own little world

I think we have to understand something. I now fans hate hearing this, but she is a mom right now... She's in a different stage in her life and I think she tries to fit into the "Britney persona" but it doesn't always come natural because she doesn't feel like when she was 20. This doesn't mean she's not **** or doesn't feel ****, but I think she expresses in a different way.

That's why I'd love to see a more chill concert.

she should do what comes naturally. if she feels she is forcing her sexuality, then she should express other aspects of herself. i would like to get to know different sides of her as an artist, but all we get is her slinking across a table to lap up some milk.

4 minutes ago, Justney said:

I literally hate hate hate the pole dancing segment because it's so cheap. Like idk how to explain it but I think it needs to go so bad. 

TBQFH!!!!

Go to a pole dancing class and learn how to use it and not just walk around it :meltdown:

I kinda agree, I mean I find there's a disconnection... she's a mom in her mid 30s, continuously performing her hits from when she was 18-22 y/o and it's just not working. The reality is that Britney doesn't have the natural *** appeal that she had 15 yrs ago... this residency seemed like a '9 to 5' to her. I mean how much can someone enjoy lipsynching to the same thing for an hour all the time...

5 minutes ago, mauureee said:

TBQFH!!!!

Go to a pole dancing class and learn how to use it and not just walk around it :meltdown:

Well the thing is she shouldn't be doing a ******** act. Its tacky. She's as bad as a low class ******** maybe worse. Even high class would be tacky for her and her legacy. She could definitely use the pole in her dance more artistically like I've seen beautiful hypnotic pole dance... I don't want to see Britney as a shitty ******** in her mid 30s. It's sad... she had so much talent,  this makes her look has been. Why hasn't anyone stopped the pole part??

16 minutes ago, Justney said:

I literally hate hate hate the pole dancing segment because it's so cheap. Like idk how to explain it but I think it needs to go so bad. 

My friend actually told me she watched some of Britney's show in Osaka (I guess I've been talking about Britney a lot, oops), and she says the number is unsafe because the pole is not secure at all and wobbles a lot with Britney just gripping it. (She told me that those sort of poles are the least sturdy because they're not secured like ones that are mounted to a ceiling and floor, and that's where people hurting themselves on poles happen the most.) When I asked if it was for the IAS4U segment she said yes, and said she had to stop watching because it made her hella anxious Britney was going to end up cracking her skull open. So its cheap in that way for sure!

Guys let her be shes trying her best! Dont be so harsh on her! Shes a human being and deserves to be who she wants be! Im not the same guy I was when my boyfriend cheated on me last year, why would she be the same after all shes been through! BJ was unacceptable, but Glory era is different. I know shes sorry for BJ and MM and the shoots but the show has to go on!!! We cannot go back in time... 

Just now, fucknfurter said:

My friend actually told me she watched some of Britney's show in Osaka (I guess I've been talking about Britney a lot, oops), and she says the number is unsafe because the pole is not secure at all and wobbles a lot with Britney just gripping it. (She told me that those sort of poles are the least sturdy because they're not secured like ones that are mounted to a ceiling and floor, and that's where people hurting themselves on poles happen the most.) When I asked if it was for the IAS4U segment she said yes, and said she had to stop watching because it made her hella anxious Britney was going to end up cracking her skull open. So its cheap in more than one way!

get your gemini *** out of my quotes bby.:staysalty:

Just kidding! No I'm sure Its unsafe. But the whole thing is not working for her.  I wish Larry could do his magic "it didn't work" act on it. She doesn't do much on it but squat a little while holding it right? I don't think she would get hurt. 

Just now, Justney said:

get your gemini *** out of my quotes bby.:staysalty:

Just kidding! No I'm sure Its unsafe. But the whole thing is not working for her.  I wish Larry could do his magic "it didn't work" act on it. She doesn't do much on it but squat a little while holding it right? I don't think she would get hurt. 

Never! :snapney:

I agree; she's not doing any really complex moves with it and it's not working for the segment as a whole, so yeah, it should go when POM ends. But this is true-- she walks around it and squats while holding it, so she's probably safe, but it just made me shake my head and go, "Why am I not surprised they didn't secure it right?"

1 minute ago, fucknfurter said:

Never! :snapney:

I agree; she's not doing any really complex moves with it and it's not working for the segment as a whole, so yeah, it should go when POM ends. But this is true-- she walks around it and squats while holding it, so she's probably safe, but it just made me shake my head and go, "Why am I not surprised they didn't secure it right?"

Right lol omg, I can't at her team.  But luckily she's just doing some semi squat moves and using it for stability so at least she won't fall off. Just hope when pom ends she gets a higher class act in whatever form that may be. 

1 hour ago, Girl On The Moon said:

I think we have to understand something. I now fans hate hearing this, but she is a mom right now... She's in a different stage in her life and I think she tries to fit into the "Britney persona" but it doesn't always come natural because she doesn't feel like when she was 20. This doesn't mean she's not **** or doesn't feel ****, but I think she expresses in a different way.

That's why I'd love to see a more chill concert.

Perfect. I'd love to see her change her style, like go back to what she originally wanted to do in '99 what she described as "Sheryl crow" type stuff much like Just Like Me in all honesty that's what her voice was made for the beginning of JLM gives me chills. 

Archived