Can somebody refresh my memory

Guest Diamond Horse

Guest Diamond Horse

I have an impression that B8 was turned away from its original direction. Can anybody share the receipts for that?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The album was originally supposed to be Blackout 2.0 and it was gonna be more hip hop; many hip hop producers and some members of the team that worked on Blackout - including Danja worked and submitted tracks for the album, but these were all rejected by ****.i.am who insisted on going down a different route,  he was responsible for the EDM route that the album took due to the success of Scream & Shout

William Orbit worked with Britney on Alien and many other tracks which caused speculation that the album was to be similar to Madonna's revolutionary Ray of Light album; however, Alien ended up being the only released Orbit track. William Orbit publicly expressed his dislike for ****.i.am's production on the album

BB was only released as a promotional tool for the Vegas residency; this is why it was somewhat rush-released with many mistakes evident

Guest Diamond Horse
28 minutes ago, TeaWaiter said:

The album was originally supposed to be Blackout 2.0 and it was gonna be more hip hop; many hip hop producers and some members of the team that worked on Blackout - including Danja worked and submitted tracks for the album, but these were all rejected by ****.i.am who insisted on going down a different route,  he was responsible for the EDM route that the album took due to the success of Scream & Shout

William Orbit worked with Britney on Alien and many other tracks which caused speculation that the album was to be similar to Madonna's revolutionary Ray of Light album; however, Alien ended up being the only released Orbit track. William Orbit publicly expressed his dislike for ****.i.am's production on the album

BB was only released as a promotional tool for the Vegas residency; this is why it was somewhat rush-released with many mistakes evident

I guess B8 fulfilled the purpose of being a Vegas promo?

I had the impression that it was a plan to have a personal album for real... Maybe it was one of the directions in BJ, but obviously not the main one.

Guest Diamond Horse

I was trying to introduce somebody to the idea that Britney is good when she writes her own songs. 

Before saying that she said that she likes old Britney.

After I talked about Britney the songwriter, she just said "She is good I give her that!"

I tried to continue about Britney, but she changed subject.

Idk, it seemed like she was "not very elated" by Britney in the bigger picture. I hate when that happens lol

Archived