RCA is definitely the problem

Circuit

1 minute ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Tbh Miley paid herself to do Bangerz...look at her docu. She pretty much sponsored the whole album all by herself. Rca was not supportive with Bangerz at first and that is why she decided to do it by herself but when Can't Stop came out they knew they were wrong not suporting the project. Miley cares, Miley does not give a *** about money. The dead petz was her own project as well. Miley could be a perfect independant artist

I did not know that. That is a very good thing to learn, which further proves the point I made in my comment as well.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I completely understand how the timeline from hits to underperforming songs seemingly perfectly coincides with Britney switching to RCA, I still don't think it's the label, honestly.

RCA manages Pink and Sia, and their songs have massive airplay, which, while grossly unfair, is practically unheard of for female artists in their 30's. I mean, Sia literally had the song of the summer in 2016, and everything Pink releases gets played on Top 40, AC, HAC, etc for years to come.

As stated earlier, Miley also had a massive era with Bangerz under RCA, and just achieved a top 10 hit on the BBH100 at a time when female pop artists are just not selling. 

And regarding RCA's male artists, only one abbreviation is necessary to prove just how much money they are willing to enlist into radio deals: JT. I mean, his godawful song from some damn kid's movie not only dominated charts and sales for what seemed like an eternity, but is STILL somewhere in the top 50 WW on iTunes, and it's been well over a year now. Not even to mention, that dude can go years and years inbetween album cycles, but whenever he does have a new release, he goes platinum within a week. 

So, I think the most likely explanation for why Britney abruptly stopped selling/promoting following her switch to RCA has something to do with her having been under stricter contractual obligations at Jive, and now that she has more freedom, she has the ability to say "**** it" and no longer continues to do the promo she doesn't care about (in which case, it's only rational the record label wouldn't continue to supply her with endless financial support; it's supposed to be a mutually beneficial business deal, which is impossible when one party really isn't terribly invested).

Additional artists on the RCA roster: Shakira (massive internationally), Zayn (very successful debut single), and ******* Pitbull, who is annoyingly everywhere, all the damn time.

I could be completely wrong, of course, but this is just my guess.

I really do dislike RCA, poor promotion, whether it's Britney or her teams fault, RCA should be forcing them to do promotion if she wants to release music to boost sales, but they are ignorant that promo equals sales...

I think she should move labels like Kelly Clarkson has, get the freedom to record what she wants (no baby voice or autotune) and just enjoy making music for herself again and for us fans. :britstare:

7 minutes ago, BritneyRebellion said:

I really do dislike RCA, poor promotion, whether it's Britney or her teams fault, RCA should be forcing them to do promotion if she wants to release music to boost sales, but they are ignorant that promo equals sales...

I think she should move labels like Kelly Clarkson has, get the freedom to record what she wants (no baby voice or autotune) and just enjoy making music for herself again and for us fans. :britstare:

I was literally going to say the same thing, about her joining Atlantic Records. One of the problematic things fans are going to have with that is with the exception of Bruno Mars and Ed Sheeran, there are no huge stars coming from that label. Atlantic has become one of those record companies that kind of lags behind everyone else in terms of having hugely successful pop stars. They happen to give their artists full control, which is both good and bad at the same time.

Another concern that people might have is since Britney has been out of the general public's mind for years now, they think that Atlantic might have not the necessary amount of promotional opportunities for her to skyrocket back on top like she wanted. I do not think people realize is full artistic control is exactly what Britney needs. She does not need a label with a huge promotional team. Yeah, she has been out of the spotlight for a VERY long time but Britney's control under her team and conservatorship while simultaneously working with the same people that have always had control over her career since the beginning are exactly why she ended up being an artist who sold a good amount of records but no one seem to care a great deal about anymore. Most of the people previously working at Jive that Britney basically owes her career to are the same people who work at RCA since Jive folded.

Ever since Circus, people stopped caring about Britney but the reason why she was still able to sell a good amount of records is because she maintained a good relationship with radio while staying completely out of the spotlight. She did not have the same attention as her prime, especially since the likes of Lady Gaga and Katy Perry were taking over but she still gained a huge amount of respect during the Circus album that she lost when she released Blackout(we all know why). That is why she did better in terms of sales because her reputation was back on track. The key element that was missing though is Britney's incredible star power that made people want to talk about her. She was only still selling records from then to Femme Fatale because she had already build a core fan base since 1998 and that was the ONLY thing keeping her afloat until Britney Jean became an incredible fail for we know good reasons(since there was no smash in sight). Radio suddenly lost respect for her too, which explains the Vegas legacy act.

However, her Vegas show and it's success has proven that people still love and admire the artist that Britney once was. Yeah, there are other artists who have shows that barely sell records anymore but unlike those people, she is still a widely talked about persona. People are just not looking at the right places. They are so bombarded by Taylor Swift that they are too distracted to notice. People still do care. Britney is the one who needs to start caring and the reason why she does not anymore is because the people that have made her feel helpless in the past are the ones that are still calling the shots.

If we works with different people that make her feel confident and give her the complete control she has been begging for her since she was 19, she will get herself back on top guaranteed without any help from a promotional team. She does not need it; she's Britney *****! Sorry for the length but I am still working on how to be brief. 

3 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

I was literally going to say the same thing, about her joining Atlantic Records. One of the problematic things fans are going to have with that is with the exception of Bruno Mars and Ed Sheeran, there are no huge stars coming from that label. Atlantic has become one of those record companies that kind of lags behind everyone else in terms of having hugely successful pop stars. They happen to give their artists full control, which is both good and bad at the same time.

Another concern that people might have is since Britney has been out of the general public's mind for years now, they think that Atlantic might have not the necessary amount of promotional opportunities for her to skyrocket back on top like she wanted. I do not think people realize is full artistic control is exactly what Britney needs. She does not need a label with a huge promotional team. Yeah, she has been out of the spotlight for a VERY long time but Britney's control under her team and conservatorship while simultaneously working with the same people that have always had control over her career since the beginning are exactly why she ended up being an artist who sold a good amount of records but no one seem to care a great deal about anymore. Most of the people previously working at Jive that Britney basically owes her career to are the same people who work at RCA since Jive folded.

Ever since Circus, people stopped caring about Britney but the reason why she was still able to sell a good amount of records is because she maintained a good relationship with radio while staying completely out of the spotlight. She did not have the same attention as her prime, especially since the likes of Lady Gaga and Katy Perry were taking over but she still gained a huge amount of respect during the Circus album that she lost when she released Blackout(we all know why). That is why she did better in terms of sales because her reputation was back on track. The key element that was missing though is Britney's incredible star power that made people want to talk about her. She was only still selling records from then to Femme Fatale because she had already build a core fan base since 1998 and that was the ONLY thing keeping her afloat until Britney Jean became an incredible fail for we know good reasons(since there was no smash in sight). Radio suddenly lost respect for her too, which explains the Vegas legacy act.

However, her Vegas show and it's success has proven that people still love and admire the artist that Britney once was. Yeah, there are other artists who have shows that barely sell records anymore but unlike those people, she is still a widely talked about persona. People are just not looking at the right places. They are so bombarded by Taylor Swift that they are too distracted to notice. People still do care. Britney is the one who needs to start caring and the reason why she does not anymore is because the people that have made her feel helpless in the past are the ones that are still calling the shots.

If we works with different people that make her feel confident and give her the complete control she has been begging for her since she was 19, she will get herself back on top guaranteed without any help from a promotional team. She does not need it; she's Britney *****! Sorry for the length but I am still working on how to be brief. 

:yay: #FreeBrinneyJ

Just now, BritneyRebellion said:

:yay: #FreeBrinneyJ

Remember though, it is also up to her. She had a very passive aggressive way of dealing with her issues with her team and label in the past because of years of not being able to stand up for herself. She is such a beautiful person because of her lack of huge ego that other artists have a little too much of but that is also problematic. She just needs to learn how to find a balance between extreme rebellion and complete submissiveness. 

I think Britney has a really unique combo of bad  circumstances that are leading to the fading of her career. So many things. I believe everything everyone has mentioned before, her dancing, her team, Larry, her c-ship, her breakdown, her laziness, her label, etc are all doing the wrong things for her. If just a few of those things went right I think we'd see a different Britney. But take a look at MM for instance.. had a great video that was trashed last minute, a shitty video made in its place, no ******* COVER for her ******** album. Like she can take all these stupid promo pics for perfumes but they have to take a still image for her ******** album.. what the **** is wrong with them!? The timing of the album, the timing of the videos, the choices they make (pretty girls, g-easy, tinashe, will.i.am) .. like all of it is trash... there's so much wrong that I don't actually understand how someone can have all that going wrong for them. While Britney herself makes bad choices and is lazy with her career it's like that's only a part of the puzzle as to everything wrong.

3 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

Remember though, it is also up to her. She had a very passive aggressive way of dealing with her issues with her team and label in the past because of years of not being able to stand up for herself. She is such a beautiful person because of her lack of huge ego that other artists have a little too much of but that is also problematic. She just needs to learn how to find a balance between extreme rebellion and complete submissiveness. 

I'm pretty sure it's not a lack of ego but a lack of no legal rights to fire them or do anything about it..:meltdown:

2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

She did a lot of promo for Glory, more than we thought she would. I feel like it's her team, I mean they gotta go out there and book her to gigs and appearances. They practically treat her like a slave. I mean her team is lazier than her, there are many things they can do that doesn't need Britney and the fact they let Make Me video gone to *****. I mean you can tell with the Glory album she actually put in effort so Larry should be finding ways to sell it and not use out dated tactics. I feel he's more lazier than her, all I see him doing is just making appearances and him playing it safe. 

She definitely needs a new team to inspire her and think like her. How can she push the envelope and innovate if she's surrounded by old farts. I mean the original make me was in the right direction and it definitely was not her idea to scrape it.

She really didn't though. She only did MM twice and that's it...

More than BJ but she did nothing for BJ.

how do they treat her like a slave? She has the easiest life out of every pop star out there. 

If Britney loved Glory she would have mentioned it more than twice and in the end if Britney wants to sell her music...no one would stop her. All signs point to Britney being the major problem because Miley is doing good and promoting. 

She does need a new team but it could stay the same because in the end Britney doesn't want to do anything 

12 minutes ago, Justney said:

I'm pretty sure it's not a lack of ego but a lack of no legal rights to fire them or do anything about it..:meltdown:

Yes, but let's not forget that Britney had the exact same submissive personality before she had no legal rights. People have taken jabs at her since her prime and she still takes the high road by just saying it is unfortunate that this particular person said that about her or whatever. The way she deals with everything is about being completely respectful of the other person, even when they are dissing her. She always defended her label while still putting the message out there that they are not giving her the respect she deserves. She is always respecting other people's art, when they are so completely different in their approach compared to herself whereas every other famous person always has a negative opinion about something or they go out of their way to insult another's character when that person says the smallest thing, even if it is a constructive criticism since it makes their project look a little less than perfect.

I completely agree, RCA is mistreating all of its artist but Miley and Sia. And that's pathetic, because them two are the ones who sell the most so they put all of their money in their projects, its awful. Britney most definitely needs to move away from the label. I think her contract is 3 more years but if she wants to end it she can pay them a couple of thousands and it would be settled. Then she could either sign with a label giving her a lot of freedom and investing in her, or somehow managing her own project with her own (newly chosen) team :) 

5 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

I completely agree, RCA is mistreating all of its artist but Miley and Sia. And that's pathetic, because them two are the ones who sell the most so they put all of their money in their projects, its awful. Britney most definitely needs to move away from the label. I think her contract is 3 more years but if she wants to end it she can pay them a couple of thousands and it would be settled. Then she could either sign with a label giving her a lot of freedom and investing in her, or somehow managing her own project with her own (newly chosen) team :) 

I do not think her contract is determined by how many years she spends at the label. I think it is an agreement on how many albums should be released before she could either renew it again for additional albums or leave completely. She could definitely figure out a quick exit strategy. Maybe, the new stuff she has been recording could be her golden ticket. I doubt she is releasing a new album soon though. We shall leave it up to her.

6 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

She did a lot of promo for Glory, more than we thought she would. I feel like it's her team, I mean they gotta go out there and book her to gigs and appearances. They practically treat her like a slave. I mean her team is lazier than her. there are many things they can do that doesn't need Britney and they let Make Me video go to ****. You can tell with the Glory album she actually put in effort so Larry should be finding ways to sell it and not use out dated tactics. I feel he's lazier than her, all I see him doing is just making appearances and playing it safe. 

She definitely needs a new team to inspire her and think like her. How can she push the envelope and innovate if she's surrounded by old farts? I mean the original make me was in the right direction and it definitely was not her idea to scrap it.

:shameless: fixed. Mostly. I got bored. 

5 hours ago, *Galaxy Supernova* said:

This could just be the GP not being interested in Britney, besides... CONSERVATORSHIP! :brityes:

Toxic has already gone viral twice this year. And Britney's had like three #1s since being in a conservatorship.

Tbh i always thought Criminal flopped because of the video (i wasn't even aware it was released on RCA) but the rest of her singles released after Criminal flopping is tragic when they all deserved to be bigger hits. Maybe it's partly Britney/her team's fault but she did do a lot more promo for the Glory era than BJ and it's still unfortunate it's happened, and RCA took too long to release Slumber Party as well when we could have been on the 3rd single by then, and they're only bothering to release 2 singles when Glory deserved more.

RCA have always been a terrible label, messing around with many of the artists signed to it. Kelly Clarkson and Avril Lavigne have well documented problems with the label and thankfully both are no longer with them.  I wish Britney could leave but it's not easy when she resigned her contract with them before Glory was released. I'm not sure how many albums are left but there's probably still a few before she could leave. 

11 hours ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

They're not the best but you can't blame it all on them. Miley's been having success under them, so why can't Britney? We can't forget Miley released the massive success that was Bangerz in 2013 (which was under RCA), the same year Britney released BJ  :nothavingit:

And where is Miley today? Forgotten.

12 hours ago, Doug said:

The problem is obviously them, I've realized it watching other artists they have.

Just look at Tinashe; she had a hit single, managed to create her own mid-tempo/****/minimalist R&B style (which was later jacked by Rihanna, and RCA even sold her forthcoming album's lead track to her, they're THAT bad), and now the girl is just lost, they clearly don't know what to do with her, they're trying to sell her as a pop act but it's just not working and she lost the little relevancy she had with the hip hop audience. They even tried to force her down the gays' throats by putting her on Slumber Party but no one even cared enough to check for her flop single. It's sad and messy, she would be big at this moment with a better management and label. The first time I've listened to Rihanna's Anti all I could think was how that could have been Tinashe's album, she was exploring that kind of sound ages before Rihanna even started recording.

I hope Britney will sign with Ariana's label, they've been doing everything right for the past years, it's crazy how popular Ariana got even if she's bland af, I've always thought she would be forgotten after Problem and I'm now gladly surprised.

:forkit:

I was gonna bring up tinashe too.. they ****** that girl over you're so right they do not have a clue what to do with their artists they are very outdated 

Archived