RCA is definitely the problem

Circuit

RCA is the biggest issue in Britney career ATM.

Looking through her singles discography, there is a DRAMATIC difference between her last JIVE release (I Wanna Go)and her first RCA single (Criminal).

The third single from Femme Fatale, IWG debuted at 7, and the fourth single Criminal at 55.

Since her RCA debut in 2011, Britney has not had a single top 10 debut.

Drop RCA Britney! Join Interscope!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is obviously them, I've realized it watching other artists they have.

Just look at Tinashe; she had a hit single, managed to create her own mid-tempo/****/minimalist R&B style (which was later jacked by Rihanna, and RCA even sold her forthcoming album's lead track to her, they're THAT bad), and now the girl is just lost, they clearly don't know what to do with her, they're trying to sell her as a pop act but it's just not working and she lost the little relevancy she had with the hip hop audience. They even tried to force her down the gays' throats by putting her on Slumber Party but no one even cared enough to check for her flop single. It's sad and messy, she would be big at this moment with a better management and label. The first time I've listened to Rihanna's Anti all I could think was how that could have been Tinashe's album, she was exploring that kind of sound ages before Rihanna even started recording.

I hope Britney will sign with Ariana's label, they've been doing everything right for the past years, it's crazy how popular Ariana got even if she's bland af, I've always thought she would be forgotten after Problem and I'm now gladly surprised.

:forkit:

Guest Diamond Horse
2 minutes ago, Doug said:

The problem is obviously them, I've realized it watching other artists they have.

Just look at Tinashe; she had a hit single, managed to create her own mid-tempo/****/minimalist R&B style (which was later jacked by Rihanna, and RCA even sold her forthcoming album's lead track to her, they're THAT bad), and now the girl is just lost, they clearly don't know what to do with her, they're trying to sell her as a pop act but it's just not working and she lost the little relevancy she had with the hip hop audience. They even tried to force her down the gays' throats by putting her on Slumber Party but no one even cared enough to check for her flop single. It's sad and messy, she would be big at this moment with a better management and label. The first time I've listened to Rihanna's Anti all I could think was how that could have been Tinashe's album, she was exploring that kind of sound ages before Rihanna even started recording.

I hope Britney will sign with Ariana's label, they've been doing everything right for the past years, it's crazy how popular Ariana got even if she's bland af, I've always thought she would be forgotten after Problem and I'm now gladly surprised.

PREACH

They're not the best but you can't blame it all on them. Miley's been having success under them, so why can't Britney? We can't forget Miley released the massive success that was Bangerz in 2013 (which was under RCA), the same year Britney released BJ  :nothavingit:

As much as she can be lazy sometimes and not interested in her own career, still, under a decent label, everything would at least look decent. 

You cannot really give Criminal as an example since it was a last single from the album, but it still enjoyed more success than Slumber Party and Perfume:sassybrit:

Other than that, I agree, a caring label would do what it's their job - to sell the product. Not just put it on market:staysalty:

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

They are bad but Britney is also lazy these days and her team sucks as well.

So it's a three for one terrible fest. 

She did a lot of promo for Glory, more than we thought she would. I feel like it's her team, I mean they gotta go out there and book her to gigs and appearances. They practically treat her like a slave. I mean her team is lazier than her, there are many things they can do that doesn't need Britney and the fact they let Make Me video gone to *****. I mean you can tell with the Glory album she actually put in effort so Larry should be finding ways to sell it and not use out dated tactics. I feel he's more lazier than her, all I see him doing is just making appearances and him playing it safe. 

She definitely needs a new team to inspire her and think like her. How can she push the envelope and innovate if she's surrounded by old farts. I mean the original make me was in the right direction and it definitely was not her idea to scrape it.

3 hours ago, Doug said:

:forkit:

I really really want Britney to be in Republic too! :triggered:

2 hours ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

They're not the best but you can't blame it all on them. Miley's been having success under them, so why can't Britney? We can't forget Miley released the massive success that was Bangerz in 2013 (which was under RCA), the same year Britney released BJ  :nothavingit:

Okay hun, I can understand why you think that but it is not THAT simple. Ever since Disney Channel made Hilary Duff a semi success in music, they found a significant way of making a huge pop star out of an actress from one of their TV shows, by creating a character who is a pop star. Miley Cyrus simultaneously released her own music with the soundtrack of the show. That is why she became the richest teenager in the world at the time her show aired, something that no other actress on that channel did and has done since. Even since then, Miley has been a huge figure in pop culture. She has been significant to the general public for MANY years. People had been anticipating her arrival before they even knew she was going to come out with Bangerz. When she changed her image and performed with Robin Thicke at the VMA's, her sales skyrocketed and brought her back into the public's eye as someone who is rebellious and trying to shed her "good girl" image. RCA has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. No label could have helped her because Miley did not need help at the time. She was already a HUGE star and like I said already, people were already waiting with their money at hand to buy whatever Miley was going to cook up for them. Britney used to be at that level but remember, she has been in the game way longer and people felt the same way about her during her In The Zone years. People could care less about her now, which is why she needs to put herself back in the map. RCA is definitely holding her back because the same people that used to control her at Jive, work at RCA since it folded and now can control her more because the conservatorship gives them more incentive to tell her what to do, knowing she will NOT stand up to them.

2 hours ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

Tbh Miley paid herself to do Bangerz...look at her docu. She pretty much sponsored the whole album all by herself. Rca was not supportive with Bangerz at first and that is why she decided to do it by herself but when Can't Stop came out they knew they were wrong not suporting the project. Miley cares, Miley does not give a *** about money. The dead petz was her own project as well. Miley could be a perfect independant artist

Archived