Was Britney's 2000 VMA Performance Inspired By Madonna's1989 VMA Performance?

IconicShow

It's no secret Madonna is Britney's fave that she looked up to, even taking pages out of the Madge playbook and Spears creating her own shock and awe.

Madonna known for many things aside from being the Queen of pop in which many copy or have been inspired by her.

Could be a coincidence in regards to the similarities of their performances, do you think Britney ever seen this Madonna performance pre 2000 VMA?

Both in suits

Both have the silhouette background with the same style chair

Both revealing more under their suits once removed

Either way Britney mentioned in an interview she wants to do 9 more albums to slay Madonna

britney-madonna-2.jpg

Just like in our lifetime I don't think anyone will surpass Madonna as the Queen of Pop in terms of album sales, tour sales Icon status. hit songs, controversy and more.

In the same vein that's how I feel about Britney she is the Princess of pop the predecessor to Madonna.

No one I don't think in our lifetime will topple Britney's Iconic Career anytime soon.

The queen and the princess.

tumblr_ojfhjqldYt1uyfszco1_500.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse
55 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I think it was more inspired by Janet's performance.

With a little inspiration from Marilyn :bwink:

The question is why Marilyn Monroe's video is so low-quality? Is it filmed with a potato? :zoomzoom: 

Guest Diamond Horse
6 minutes ago, over-protected-life said:

because there was no 2017 technology in 1962 sis :squintney:

I have seen good videos from 1962 though. #fail

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Like? 

I once saw something about younger queen Elizabeth. I think she was in the forest with children. picking strawberries. it was very interesting and definitely of better quality.

If anything, it was more inspired by Janet Jackson.

Superficially, it might have been like Madonna in terms of being provocative. (If people "copied" Madonna's provocative performing then Madonna herself clearly took notes from Grace Jones and Cher)

The fact is this: in Britney's prime her style was Janet Jackson-like, not Madonna at all.

The fact that you have to go all the way to 2008 (when she was a lesser performer than in the past) to find an example of them finally having a similar style in dress proves my point.

• 2 years later...
On 6/15/2017 at 3:51 AM, IconicShow said:

It's no secret Madonna is Britney's fave that she looked up to, even taking pages out of the Madge playbook and Spears creating her own shock and awe.

Madonna known for many things aside from being the Queen of pop in which many copy or have been inspired by her.

Could be a coincidence in regards to the similarities of their performances, do you think Britney ever seen this Madonna performance pre 2000 VMA?

Both in suits

Both have the silhouette background with the same style chair

Both revealing more under their suits once removed

Either way Britney mentioned in an interview she wants to do 9 more albums to slay Madonna

britney-madonna-2.jpg

Just like in our lifetime I don't think anyone will surpass Madonna as the Queen of Pop in terms of album sales, tour sales Icon status. hit songs, controversy and more.

In the same vein that's how I feel about Britney she is the Princess of pop the predecessor to Madonna.

No one I don't think in our lifetime will topple Britney's Iconic Career anytime soon.

The queen and the princess.

tumblr_ojfhjqldYt1uyfszco1_500.gif

Kind of. But it was also influenced by Janet (Britney was inspired by Janet as much as M, especially in the first 3 eras)

Archived