Is David LaChapelle dissing Britney?

Julienfrance

I don't know if it's AP. But... NEW INTERVIEW...

http://the-talks.com/interview/david-lachapelle/

"

But it wasn’t all “shiny, happy, funny.” You created some very provocative imagery, like staging Tupac as a slave on a cotton field.

Well, real artists take chances and risks and they don’t worry about the repercussions or the correctness of things. Tupac did not have to ask a publicist if it was okay, because Tupac was an artist. Artists understand things and connect. But, boy, it was super hard to get certain pictures made, it was not easy! Collaborations of any kind are a risk on my part, believe me!"

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse

In case it was about Britney then this isn't even close to dissing. That project went so awry and it was incredible nasty for Chapelle

I mean the guy's semi retired. She pulls him out to direct an expensive *** music video, she teases it and then says **** it and throws us that piece of **** without even a statement explaining why? Literally what a slap in the face to your fans. I would hope she read all the backlash because she had it coming. You can't just dangle a carrot in front of the horse and then toss it away.

Some say the original mv was good, some others say it wasnt. My problem is not about which one is better, my problems are:

- in what universe the official music video was better? If you scrap the 1st one it's because the 2nd one is supposed to be BETTER :lessons:

- We as her fans NEEDED an accurate and precise explanation of what the **** happened, that "didn't work" excuse means NOTHING! 

We know it didn't work Larry, it's obvious, that's why it wasnt released, but WHY? :lessons:

Both sides (David & B-team) were wrong for not planning precisely what was going to be shoot and included in the MV. They are not newbies in this, it should be happening.:weirdmeout:

29 minutes ago, Dirk said:

Larry Rudolph: "Oh David, you have to cut this and this, this is not the image we want to put out there of Britney"

Larry and Britney backstage: "Omg I'm embarrassed! The kids! Omg, I can't, this scene is too much!"

Larry calls David next day: "Sorry we're not continuing with this video"

Larry releases statement: "It just didn't work"

:staysalty:

I can see this happening every day

The part about 2pac reminds me of the bts story he shared about her rolling stone shoot

Even back then, she knew exactly what she was doing. Photographer David LaChapelle vividly recalls the late night shoot when Britney stripped down to her underwear until her shocked manager walked into the room. He demanded to know what was going on. "She went, 'Yeah, I don't feel comfortable,'" says the photographer. "At first I felt betrayed. But as soon as he walked out, Britney said 'Lock the door' and unbuttoned her shirt wide open."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/gallery-the-best-break-out-bands-on-rolling-stones-cover-20110502/britney-spears-1999-0973071

32 minutes ago, cheri said:

i don't know whether that was a dig at britney or not but what he said applies to her anyways. britney isn't an artist anymore. you guys always say this is "just a job" to her, so what's the issue? she's more of a cash cow than ever these days. she puts in the bare minimum with everything she does and most of you embrace that :weusay:

she doesn't even care to know in which city she performs for **** sake :weusay: 

Archived