Britney Spears Worldwide Singles and Album Sales

lirebelde

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of figures for the singles are wrong, most notably BOMT. It sold 7,400,000 not 10M. What kind of inflation :weusay:

The estimates for the albums made me laugh. The uploader is so delusional. The numbers he put for her first 4  :weusay: The Singles Collection almost at 3M :weusay: Britney Jean being at 1M and Glory's number too :weusay:

The correct stuff is:

Spoiler

Glory: 750k -> 360k

Britney Jean: 1M -> 600k

The Singles Collection: -> 2,9M -> 1,1M

Blackout: 3,1M -> 2,5M

Circus: 4,2M -> 3,8M

My Prerogative: 7M -> 6,1M

In the Zone: 10,5M -> 7M

Britney: 15M-> 10,1M

Oops: 24M -> 19M

Bomt: 32M -> 23,8M

I don't believe in the concept of "records" which combines album sales and song sales as if they were the same thing. No, they have different prices (An album is 10x the price of a song) so they should be weighted differently. But if u want to use it regardless of it not making sense, then all in all, combining albums+songs+DVDs, she has sold 183M records.

9 hours ago, Darna said:

i believe so she's close or at least is already at 200M. do we not have any reliable sources? I mean I get upset every time I see artists like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry or Lady Gaga being placed ahead of her in lists like this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

That's because wikipedia count the cetifications and perry, rihanna, bruno, taylor and several of the Digital Era are constantly having certifications for their singles and streams in US this is the britney's problem ''the certifications'' also her ''diligent'' team and label doesnt do anything at respect or make a specification of her overall worlwide singles/albums sales, besides that many of her singles could not obtain certifications at that time because they didn't reached gold in US at  her prime britney was very much an album artist and that's what's mattered for her label at the moment the success still was measure by albums sales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82D-l8RHpk

3 minutes ago, lirebelde said:

That's because wikipedia count the cetifications and perry, rihanna, bruno, taylor and several of the Digital Era are constantly having certifications for their singles and streams in US this is the britney's problem ''the certifications'' also her ''diligent'' team and label doesnt do anything at respect or make a specification of her overall worlwide singles/albums sales, besides that many of her singles could not obtain certifications at that time because they didn't reached gold in her prime britney was very much an album artist and that's what's mattered for her label at the moment the success still was measure by albums sales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82D-l8RHpk

Oh yeah that makes sense. As I check, none of her Circus and Femme Fatale singles are certified in the US, those are her biggest singles in the digital era. Smh

Archived