Britney Spears Appears In "Top 10 Bad Songs With Cool Music Videos"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, The Holy Spearit said:

Work ***** was very Björk. It wasn't meant for the GP to like. It was meant to be thought provoking and stomach ache inducing. That's how you know when real art pieces grabs you by the testicles and makes you appreciate it's infinite metaphorical meaning.

WB was following the trend of the gagnam Style, it almost sounds the same, same structure, same verses, same sound, brief lyrics, voiceless chorus, however it was a cool empowering song, the beat is amazing and whoever doesn't feel like dancing or moving with that song must be deaf. :excuseu:

Vocally is very weak and it may seem it is very shallow but the message is clear: YOU WANT SOMETHING? WORK FOR IT. :lessons:

HIAM, Slave should have been added. I've been trying to like Slave (the song) since I first heard it. I just couldn't. I like remixes of it but the original song is just beyond boring! Thank god for the video and VMA's. As for HIAM, I thought the song didn't fit the video. The video needed a more badass song about her fighting herself or the public.. a piece of me -esque kinda song

I'm still torn on WB, honestly. The first time I heard it I absolutely hated it but since then I've habitually listened to it while working out. 

I remember initially being so put off by the faux quasi-British accent that was seemingly continuing right where Scream & Shout left off. I also wasn't too fond of the speaking rather than singing in the song, it reminded me of a student presenting her poetry reading at an alternative school. 

I've gotten over the above factors since then, but still dislike the incongruence in the song's lyrics. Like, in the bridge, during the "hold your head high..." portion, it really does contain a glimpse of a great motivational message. But that is in stark contrast to the verses, which just talk about luxury vehicles. 

And don't even get me started on the tragic radio edit. "You better work work!" :orangu:

Nevertheless, it is a lot of fun to dance to at the club (or so I've observed during my annual outing, because my sad life revolves around school).

8 hours ago, The Holy Spearit said:

Work ***** was very Björk. It wasn't meant for the GP to like. It was meant to be thought provoking and stomach ache inducing. That's how you know when real art pieces grabs you by the testicles and makes you appreciate it's infinite metaphorical meaning.

:weirdmeout:

Archived