Unpopular opinion: "Make Me" is Britney's best single since toxic

BritneyOfficial

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope.

It's a good song, very catchy. But its simply not on the level of Toxic.

Toxic is universally acclaimed and incredibly well known. You hear that song and immediately know the words and artist. Plus it's very uniquely produced.

Make Me is a great song, but it doesn't have that same thing.

3 hours ago, Diamond Horse said:

MM is an amazing song, It makes me feel so special. For me it really might be one of the most special singles from Britney.Β 

:hehehe:Β  Love, I don't understand why we have to have these discussions.. its not like she's going to release anything else from Glory. I wish #LoveMeDown

Guest Diamond Horse
8 minutes ago, bspearsMJfan5 said:

:hehehe:Β  Love, I don't understand why we have to have these discussions.. its not like she's going to release anything else from Glory. I wish #LoveMeDown

Hmmmmmm, I didn't talk about that at all, but since it is being discussed:

Β 

It is funny because Love Me Down is my least favorite from the album. I just don't "get it". But the gp just might!

However, I would love DYWCO as the third single. Just like one of theΒ recent threads, I too think it would have done well. Also, at the beginning I didn't really appreciate DYWCO, but now it is one of my favorites of the album.

Its hard to compare her singles like, that, she has such unique and amazing songs....

Β 

But I DEFINITELY agree that Make Me is an AMAZING song, one of her best and personally its one of my favourites for sure.

Its so amazing and well produced that I almost wish they gave it to someone who would promote it right and do a better video.Β 

If it had a well done beach style video, this would be #1....Β 

I feel so sad for BURNS who put so much effort and talent on this track only for britney to disrespect him and give up on the song because of some feud with the director

Honestly, I feel this way for most producers on GLORY. After BJ and now Glory, I think she will have more trouble finding talented well known producers that still want to work for her albums, knowing they can save those songs for more popular hit artists like Selen, Ariana, etc..

Remember when SIA said she bought a mansion with "titanium" and then bought courtains with "Perfume" ? lol...

11 hours ago, JeagleP said:

Its hard to compare her singles like, that, she has such unique and amazing songs....

Β 

But I DEFINITELY agree that Make Me is an AMAZING song, one of her best and personally its one of my favourites for sure.

Its so amazing and well produced that I almost wish they gave it to someone who would promote it right and do a better video.Β 

If it had a well done beach style video, this would be #1....Β 

I feel so sad for BURNS who put so much effort and talent on this track only for britney to disrespect him and give up on the song because of some feud with the director

Honestly, I feel this way for most producers on GLORY. After BJ and now Glory, I think she will have more trouble finding talented well known producers that still want to work for her albums, knowing they can save those songs for more popular hit artists like Selen, Ariana, etc..

Remember when SIA said she bought a mansion with "titanium" and then bought courtains with "Perfume" ? lol...

Britney co-wrote the song.Β They probably would not be able to give it to someone else since the song was written for herself.

On 6/10/2017 at 6:45 PM, Plaidatlo said:

The song is amazing, but it didn't get what deserved....

When I first heard it G-Eazy reminded me of Drake and I thiugh if they had actually Drake on that record and a hot music video that could have been huge. But I'm not complaining on G-Eazy on the record tho.

drake on this track + britney..this would have been a HUGE smash. totally agree:mybodyisready::tbh:

Archived