Why Britney Spears’ s Singapore Concert Ticket Sales Are Toxic Compared To Ed Sheeran’s

bbbitchme

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not shocked. Ed is huge because he cares about his career. 

Them thinking she can never be around and slaying sales is delusional and it will show even more in the US and Europe if they don't shape up

That being said the other dates did well so that's good. It just will continue to dwindle if they continue her career down this messy route 

3 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

To be fair, they lost a lot of their older fanbase around the time.... I want to say it was around the time St. Anger was released, but it's really been since they cut their hair, or since Jason left, or because of this or that. (Truthfully, the hair cutting thing was something their fans whined about.) So yeah, they do have a lot of younger fans/fans that would be around Britney's age nowadays. But still...... :embarrassney:

Their fans are petty enough to stop listening to their music because of a haircut? Maybe this fanbase has something in common with them after all. :icant1:

Just now, LostInAnImage said:

Their fans are petty enough to stop listening to their music because of a haircut? Maybe this fanbase has something in common with them after all. :icant1:

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/339/22951/Top-10-Ways-METALLICA-Has-Let-Fans-Down <--- Tenth reason. (And it should be noted that the eighth reason was a tragedy; their bassist died, and fans got mad that they didn't just retire.) They have a few reasons that I agree with (the whole Napster debacle), but yeah... they're just as petty as the Army can be. :riha:

Ticket prices is not something B team decides, it's her sponsors that put them. Otherwise tickets would cost the same everywhere :nyschool:

E.g, in argentina madonna offered two concerts in different provinces (buenos aires & cordoba) and in buenos aires tickets were double priced as in cordoba due to a tax madonna had to pay for the stadium. Ridiculous? yes but it wasn't madonna's fault. Perhaps there are a lot of taxes B has to pay in Singapore for being an international show, who knows... 

The cheap production is another different thing!:tiffsmoke:

Tickets in Manila are mooore expensive given that:

1 SGD = 35.83512 PHP

568.00 SGD = 20,354.35 PHP
468.00 SGD = 16,770.84 PHP
368.00 SGD = 13,187.32 PHP
268.00 SGD = 9,603.81 PHP
188.00 SGD = 6,737.00 PHP

in MANILA:

Out of the International Female Artists who went here, Britney's tickets are next to Madonna's.

SVIP P28,350
VIP P23,100
Patron P15,750
Lower A P12,600
Lower B P10,500
Upper Box P5,775
Gen Admission P2,625

When it comes to the capacity, based on Google, Singapore venue's capacity is 12,000.

Mall of Asia Arena (Manila) can accommodate 20,000 people.

It was almost sold out (less than 50 seats left) when then had to "add more seats", I think that was last week or two weeks ago.

I'm glad she's not flopping here. Yaaas! She should go back! LOL.

See you on June 15, Queen B!

I was reading on another forum why her team has refused to do ticket bundles with her albums on her Asian tour and why they haven't done this with her Piece of Me show, which may have boosted Glory's album sales.

Any thoughts on this?

1 minute ago, zxcvb said:

I was reading on another forum why her team has refused to do ticket bundles with her albums on her Asian tour and why they haven't done this with her Piece of Me show, which may have boosted Glory's album sales.

Any thoughts on this?

They don't care about new music selling imo

They are happy selling her as a nostalgia act now. 

7 hours ago, bbbitchme said:

Let’s not forget how the $188 tickets and a portion of the $368 and $468 tickets come with a ‘Restricted View’ disclaimer.

:umomg: Okay, so the first time I glanced over this article I was too entertained by the campy Britney-themed puns, overall quirkiness and comparisons to Metallica to notice anything else.

But now I actually looked at the ticket prices, and I can't believe they're charging that much! A $468 ticket for a RESTRICTED VIEW? And these shows don't even include confetti?!

I'm really glad Asian fans have the opportunity to see Britney live after all this time, but I'm genuinely shocked at these exorbitant prices. 

1 hour ago, pablitonizer said:

Ticket prices is not something B team decides, it's her sponsors that put them. Otherwise tickets would cost the same everywhere :nyschool:

E.g, in argentina madonna offered two concerts in different provinces (buenos aires & cordoba) and in buenos aires tickets were double priced as in cordoba due to a tax madonna had to pay for the stadium. Ridiculous? yes but it wasn't madonna's fault. Perhaps there are a lot of taxes B has to pay in Singapore for being an international show, who knows... 

The cheap production is another different thing!:tiffsmoke:

This 

I can't with some users, they don't have a clue of how this works 

7 hours ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

Britney sis make your tickets cheaper :sassybrit: you're already making $35 mil from POM, do this for the fans who've been waiting their whole lives to see you 

Not only that, but you're paying 500 bucks and all you get is a lanyard and some tote bag, not even a meet and greet and it's literally Britney with two sets of stairs, her only props. Not to mention she's lipping the whole time (which would be excusable if she didn't have 50% mediocre routines going on) :forkit:

3 minutes ago, Denise said:

not her team does that , the organizer sets the price

Fair enough, but in that case the show REALLY needs some major props, pyrotechnics, etc to make it worth the price. Imagine paying $500 for a ticket, having your view obstructed by a pole, and then not even having the simple joy of having small pieces of multi-colored paper falling down on you during the finale :watrusayin: 

26 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

:umomg: Okay, so the first time I glanced over this article I was too entertained by the campy Britney-themed puns, overall quirkiness and comparisons to Metallica to notice anything else.

But now I actually looked at the ticket prices, and I can't believe they're charging that much! A $468 ticket for a RESTRICTED VIEW? And these shows don't even include confetti?!

I'm really glad Asian fans have the opportunity to see Britney live after all this time, but I'm genuinely shocked at these exorbitant prices. 

Why people keep saying it doesn't include confetti :orangu: I just watched a clip the other day where confetti dropped during TTWE.

Ok, I just checked, it was the June 6th the one that didn't have confetti, probably it was just a technical issue, or they ran out of confetti with the other shows lol they did use lots of confetti on June 3rd and June 4th

6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Why people keep saying it doesn't include confetti :orangu: I just watched a clip the other day where confetti dropped during TTWE.

Haha, because an exhaler just posted his review of the show in Osaka, and I believe he said he was disappointed they didn't include confetti (but his overall review was positive). 

It just stuck out to me because confetti is literally the cheapest thing ever in terms of concert props.

ETA: @PokemonSpears I totally just realized I have mentioned confetti like 8 times now :orangu: I have no idea why, I'm really not that passionate about it.

Archived