Time to confess

Marlean

5 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

I've never got comments like that - and i didn't try to put him in the victim area.

I just wanted to say that we should accept anyone - how they are. Why should he please everyone and act like he is something that he is not?

But in my experience - even the LGBTQ community has to learn that - we should accept eachother and sry to say this here, but on Exhale i really thought some users here know better, some comments are just too much, thank you.

tenor.gif

acceptance and approval are 2 separate things that people seem to mix together

giphy.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, PerfumeLotion said:

Yeah, I was gonna' say femmephobia or transmisogyny bc that's more accurate. No hate bc I know you probably don't mean it in a malicious way but society does condition us to see people breaking gender norms as "weird" and we need to be conscious of that bc there's nothing wrong with a guy being super fem. Just something to think about!! :kisses:

there's nothing wrong with that at ALL! i want everyone to be themselves. im not putting down feminine guys at ALL i mean this is a britney spears forum i wouldnt be here if i had a problem with that. guys can act as flamboyant as they want and girls can act as butch as they want. what i was saying was weird was seeing a guy with Britney's mannerisms. i wasn't talking about a girl's mannerisms... i meant Britney's in particular. it's just weird to me, that's all. it feels like a male impersonator (which is fine too lol you just dont see many).

35 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

there's nothing wrong with that at ALL! i want everyone to be themselves. im not putting down feminine guys at ALL i mean this is a britney spears forum i wouldnt be here if i had a problem with that. guys can act as flamboyant as they want and girls can act as butch as they want. what i was saying was weird was seeing a guy with Britney's mannerisms. i wasn't talking about a girl's mannerisms... i meant Britney's in particular. it's just weird to me, that's all. it feels like a male impersonator (which is fine too lol you just dont see many).

I see. Yeah, the guys are usually doing different moves behind Britney so I could see how that could be weird.

4 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

that's his choice to be feminine, just like the user is allowed to cringe at it

just because they feel uneasy doesn't mean they're not belittling it

Yeah they're allowed to cringe at it but I just think it's important to examine where it's coming from! Especially because that user obviously doesn't consciously hate on fem guys or gay guys, but an uneasiness around a guy emulating a woman (even if consciously you perceive it as simply being about him imitating Britney not about him being feminine) may be covering up some problematic internalized feelings. Again, that's not to speak ill of that user bc we all do it. Society teaches us to hate femininity and gender nonconformity and even if we are generally accepting, any of us (even LGBTQ people!) are capable of holding beliefs that reinforce the ideas that keep LGBTQ people oppressed. Like not to be a SJW but I did study Women's and Gender Studies in school so I try to be conscious of this stuff and I think it's important. :shameless:

5 minutes ago, PerfumeLotion said:

Yeah they're allowed to cringe at it but I just think it's important to examine where it's coming from! Especially because that user obviously doesn't consciously hate on fem guys or gay guys, but an uneasiness around a guy emulating a woman (even if consciously you perceive it as simply being about him imitating Britney not about him being feminine) may be covering up some problematic internalized feelings. Again, that's not to speak ill of that user bc we all do it. Society teaches us to hate femininity and gender nonconformity and even if we are generally accepting, any of us (even LGBTQ people!) are capable of holding beliefs that reinforce the ideas that keep LGBTQ people oppressed. Like not to be a SJW but I did study Women's and Gender Studies in school so I try to be conscious of this stuff and I think it's important. :shameless:

Love ya :reductive:

33 minutes ago, PerfumeLotion said:

I see. Yeah, the guys are usually doing different moves behind Britney so I could see how that could be weird.

well i meant guys like in this video who do all Britney's expressions and mannerisms and stuff not her real dancers. but its all good i dont actually care lol

Archived