Britney needs to stop!

9 hours ago, Ephemeral said:

I agree. She needs to make B10/2018 just as legendary as her past hit eras, if not more so; and she needs to do whatever it takes. If that means firing half of her terrible, "safe" team, then so be it -- fire them. She's the artist, she's the icon, she's the legend, and she needs to start making and playing by her own rules.

Britney became a living legend due to raw talent and a lot of hard work. Everyone on this planet knows that she was truly the pop goddess in her prime: it's really not disputable. In her ultimate prime,  no one could touch her (and Lord knows, many tried).

She owes it to herself, her legacy, and to her fans to give her all on B10. 

She essentially has to alter her performance style after 2017.  She simply has no choice.  If she starts singing songs like Everytime and Lucky live, that would get more attention than one she's doing now.  I mean, isn't this what the vocal coaches are for?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PerfumeLotion said:

Fair enough. But that was just an example and that's the thing — does Britney still have what it takes to be a worldwide icon, like she used to be? I love the girl, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure she wants that. And if that's not enough for people to still stan for ha, that's on them tbh.

Yeah, I agree... like, the problem is "Does she want to?"

I really think she COULD DO IT, because Beyonka is doing it... and what's behind it? 
REALLY GOOD MARKETING, a lot of MONEY, good BRAND IDENTITY [and everyone could have these], TALENT (Britney has it for sure) and PASSION...

The thing is: IF BRITNEY HAD PASSION, SHE WOULD BE ON THE TOP OF EVERYTHING.

23 minutes ago, sibode said:

Yeah, I agree... like, the problem is "Does she want to?"

I really think she COULD DO IT, because Beyonka is doing it... and what's behind it? 
REALLY GOOD MARKETING, a lot of MONEY, good BRAND IDENTITY [and everyone could have these], TALENT (Britney has it for sure) and PASSION...

The thing is: IF BRITNEY HAD PASSION, SHE WOULD BE ON THE TOP OF EVERYTHING.

Exactly. But I think it's not entirely Britney's fault. I feel like she would have the passion if Larry & co hadn't tried so hard to position her back as America's sweetheart, way back during the Circus era. Britney sees being a pop star as a job. And that job requires her to look **** and make hits etc. I don't think she realizes that, with the right team behind her, she could make the fun, interesting, quirky music she may have wanted to at some time. She wouldn't have to be doing the **** choreography of songs like "Work *****" when she didn't want to. But I feel like her team instilled the idea in her that her job requires a certain image. And as much as I do think she has fun with Vegas, etc., we all know she sees her career as JOB, not as a passion anymore.

The ironic thing is authenticity (or at least the appearance of authenticity) is what's hot rn. Beyonce's career blew up once she started owning her identity as a black woman and a feminist. Halsey is so big right now bc of her confessional lyrics. Now would honestly be the perfect time for Britney to create an eclectic, truly personal album. Glory was solid and trendy enough that the songs should have had more success, even with the minimal promotion. It's clear her die hard fans are keeping her career afloat. We'll buy the album no matter what (as long as it's not another BJ lol). And maybe, just maybe, doing something a little more out-there would actually make the GP take notice again. But again, that's if she still had the passion and idk if she does. At least, not as long as her current team is around.

11 hours ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

Hopefully Pom will be fully gone when b10s released and team b are gonna be promoting b10 more since this era all the promo for glory has been turning into Pom promo please don't let b10 flop team b:forkit:

Lers pray for it, but as far as she has the same old team i doubt for everything 

1 hour ago, PerfumeLotion said:

Y'all complain about Britney being a nostalgia act and yet y'all are stuck in the past — so dead set on her returning to her prime or topping herself. I get wanting her to reach her potential bc I do think she's capable of a lot more, but stanning her bc of the artist she was not because of the artist she is is exactly why she's become a nostalgia act.

56 minutes ago, PerfumeLotion said:

Exactly. But I think it's not entirely Britney's fault. I feel like she would have the passion if Larry & co hadn't tried so hard to position her back as America's sweetheart, way back during the Circus era. Britney sees being a pop star as a job. And that job requires her to look **** and make hits etc. I don't think she realizes that, with the right team behind her, she could make the fun, interesting, quirky music she may have wanted to at some time. She wouldn't have to be doing the **** choreography of songs like "Work *****" when she didn't want to. But I feel like her team instilled the idea in her that her job requires a certain image. And as much as I do think she has fun with Vegas, etc., we all know she sees her career as JOB, not as a passion anymore.

The ironic thing is authenticity (or at least the appearance of authenticity) is what's hot rn. Beyonce's career blew up once she started owning her identity as a black woman and a feminist. Halsey is so big right now bc of her confessional lyrics. Now would honestly be the perfect time for Britney to create an eclectic, truly personal album. Glory was solid and trendy enough that the songs should have had more success, even with the minimal promotion. It's clear her die hard fans are keeping her career afloat. We'll buy the album no matter what (as long as it's not another BJ lol). And maybe, just maybe, doing something a little more out-there would actually make the GP take notice again. But again, that's if she still had the passion and idk if she does. At least, not as long as her current team is around.

unnamed.gif

26 minutes ago, Catalin said:

unnamed.gif

lmao I know, I know! I could feel myself getting into the same headspace with that part. But like y'all have valid points but the thing is some of y'all are so extreme with it I wonder if you still like Britney as she currently is? I like to think of what other things Britney is capable of, yeah, but I'm perfectly happy with where her career is. I loved "Glory" and I think her current performances are cute. I don't need her to be critically acclaimed or even to measure up to her old self as long as she keeps making bops.

5 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

There are still a few brittards wanting her to stay in vegas tho:forkit: don't ask me why

I mean, she seems to enjoy the residency? As long as she doesn't stop releasing new music, I couldn't care less if the GP sees her as a nostalgia act. She could stop performing completely and just release random singles here and there and as long as they were good and she was happy, I'd be glad. Britney is probably never going to be the it girl again. But I don't stan her bc she's popular. I stan her bc I like her music for what it is and I appreciate her as a person.

ETA: I do see the dissonance tho. She's mostly performing old hits in Vegas and yet her team seems to be trying to get her to follow trends to stay current, etc. She's kind of in an awkward middle ground where she's mostly known for her old stuff but she's still releasing music that's supposed to compete with new artists. So I can understand that frustration. But like, I've enjoyed pm everything she's released (even "Pretty Girls!" smh.) Sooo I personally don't take issue with it, even though I could imagine ways her team could better handle her career.

36 minutes ago, PerfumeLotion said:

lmao I know, I know! I could feel myself getting into the same headspace with that part. But like y'all have valid points but the thing is some of y'all are so extreme with it I wonder if you still like Britney as she currently is? I like to think of what other things Britney is capable of, yeah, but I'm perfectly happy with where her career is. I loved "Glory" and I think her current performances are cute. I don't need her to be critically acclaimed or even to measure up to her old self as long as she keeps making bops.

I'm not like that though. I've been a Britney fan for 14 years and I've never had a change of heart.

Just now, Catalin said:

I'm not like that though. I've been a Britney fan for 14 year and I've never had a change of heart.

Yeah not everyone takes it to that level. But it does make me wonder sometimes why people still bother stanning her if they're that unsatisfied with her work? You know?

1 minute ago, PerfumeLotion said:

Yeah not everyone takes it to that level. But it does make me wonder sometimes why people still bother stanning her if they're that unsatisfied with her work? You know?

I don't know...Perhaps they are bored.

32 minutes ago, PerfumeLotion said:

I mean, she seems to enjoy the residency? As long as she doesn't stop releasing new music, I couldn't care less if the GP sees her as a nostalgia act. She could stop performing completely and just release random singles here and there and as long as they were good and she was happy, I'd be glad. Britney is probably never going to be the it girl again. But I don't stan her bc she's popular. I stan her bc I like her music for what it is and I appreciate her as a person.

ETA: I do see the dissonance tho. She's mostly performing old hits in Vegas and yet her team seems to be trying to get her to follow trends to stay current, etc. She's kind of in an awkward middle ground where she's mostly known for her old stuff but she's still releasing music that's supposed to compete with new artists. So I can understand that frustration. But like, I've enjoyed pm everything she's released (even "Pretty Girls!" smh.) Sooo I personally don't take issue with it, even though I could imagine ways her team could better handle her career.

Yeah but how about fans like me? Fans that cannot afford a 5K trip to vegas just to see her perform live? Her fanbase is not just only Asia nor Vegas. Europe has supported for her, has got a crazy amount of fans and she is kinda turning her back against us with not touring here while she made a **** load of money here..... that is my problem. I would not have cared if she never did good on the charts here but she did and her shows were pretty much sold out. Besides a vegas show is good when you are getting older like Celine but ******** britney is only mid 30s she should enjoy the fact she is able to tour around the world

It's sadly the case for most artists and bands etc. 

The fans really want the big hits, the nostalgia. But yeah I do think things could be levelled out a bit more with songs like I Wanna Go, HIAM & TTWE - they should do bigger numbers for those songs with original costumes/ choreography. 

Comedians have it the same too. 

Fans want to hear the jokes that made them fans.

5 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Yeah but how about fans like me? Fans that cannot afford a 5K trip to vegas just to see her perform live? Her fanbase is not just only Asia nor Vegas. Europe has supported for her, has got a crazy amount of fans and she is kinda turning her back against us with not touring here while she made a **** load of money here..... that is my problem. I would not have cared if she never did good on the charts here but she did and her shows were pretty much sold out. Besides a vegas show is good when you are getting older like Celine but ******** britney is only mid 30s she should enjoy the fact she is able to tour around the world

I totally feel you. Like, I'm in the US and I'm not sure I'll be able to make her Vegas show. But for me, the music is most important. Seeing an artist live is a wonderful experience but shouldn't the focus be on the music? 

3 hours ago, sibode said:

ok IA... not saying that she did not have Hot100 Hits, but you american and english guys have to understand that A LOT of the artists you know as Successful artists are quite unknown in the rest of the world!

I live in Italy and the GP here barely knows who Selena Gomez or Ariana Grande is (now we sadly know after Manchester)...
And a well known singer like Justin Bieber started to be really successful here since last year more or less.

Another artist you think is a worldwide success is Shania Twain for example... Here we know just 2 songs of her (That don't impress me much / Man! I feel like a woman)
... nothing before or after that!

I agree with you 100% !!!
It's the same here in Germany. People here on Exhale always say that Femme Fatale era was a successful era for Britney. But here in Germany people don't really remember her singles from that era. The last thing the GP remembers and was big here was Womanizer (maybe a little bit Circus). 
Not counting Scream & Shout with will.i.am because that song was everywhere but it was not a Britney single. 

Archived