Jump to content

Ed Sheeran Covers Britney Spears Classic "Baby One More Time"


JessicaPetterson

Recommended Posts

Oh Eddy, Eddy...



Ed Sheeran's loneliness is killing him...



Amidst his massive worldwide tour for Divide, Ed Sheeran stopped by the Spotify Studios in New York.

As well as performing his hit single Castle On The Hill, Sheeran also belted out the song that brought Britney Spears into our lives.

While no cover will ever beat the original, Ed does a pretty good job.

Check it out:



Ed was also the latest celeb to take a turn in James Corden's A-list passenger seat, for an energetic round of Carpool Karaoke:



Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.



And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.


Link to comment
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

We have way different definitions of "slaying."

erm... any artist who dedicates his time to cover a song and makes it his own version and interpretation deserves my respect and I am here for that. Especially when the original artist rather likes to throw basic remixes at us...

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

erm... any artist who dedicates his time to cover a song and makes it his own version and interpretation deserves my respect and I am here for that. Especially when the original artist rather likes to throw basic remixes at us...

it is respectable and as a Britney fan is always flattering to know that other artists cover Britney Spears, but I rather have the "basic remixes" she throws at us :ehum:

Britney songs are mostly really good, but what makes them truly especial is her vocals, edited or not. The slightest change, like changing the vocals for a male artist, or just simply the way he pronounces the word baby, it's enough for me to make me cringe a little bit, and destroys the whole experience of listening to BOMT for me.

But in Ed Sheeran's case, who has covered BOMT before, what really bugs me is that he sings "when you're not with me" instead of "when I'm not with you". Maybe I'm just too picky when it comes to Britney songs. :notreally:

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 7 here

Link to comment

Am I the only one who is so over these acoustic Britney covers or just any acoustic cover for that matter? It's so tired and so overdone and everyone sounds the same; sad, sappy and over dramatic vocals.

This entire generation with their sappy acoustic renditions of any song are so exhausting at this point.

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, GypsyWoman said:

Am I the only one who is so over these acoustic Britney covers or just any acoustic cover for that matter? It's so tired and so overdone and everyone sounds the same; sad, sappy and over dramatic vocals.

This entire generation with their sappy acoustic renditions of any song are so exhausting at this point.

I agree, I feel like it's uninventive. Like "let's just do the opposite of the song's style" 

I feel like Britney is more creative with her songs like making it more hip hop or Caberet. 

Link to comment
4 hours ago, GypsyWoman said:

Am I the only one who is so over these acoustic Britney covers or just any acoustic cover for that matter? It's so tired and so overdone and everyone sounds the same; sad, sappy and over dramatic vocals.

This entire generation with their sappy acoustic renditions of any song are so exhausting at this point.

Why would anyone try to redo britneys version? That is, and I guess many Britney fans have forgotten with Britney losing her style through the years, the meaning of being an artist. You take something from a producer, writer and make it your own give ot your style your signature.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

it is respectable and as a Britney fan is always flattering to know that other artists cover Britney Spears, but I rather have the "basic remixes" she throws at us :ehum:

Britney songs are mostly really good, but what makes them truly especial is her vocals, edited or not. The slightest change, like changing the vocals for a male artist, or just simply the way he pronounces the word baby, it's enough for me to make me cringe a little bit, and destroys the whole experience of listening to BOMT for me.

But in Ed Sheeran's case, who has covered BOMT before, what really bugs me is that he sings "when you're not with me" instead of "when I'm not with you". Maybe I'm just too picky when it comes to Britney songs. :notreally:

Don´t tell me you are happy with the same old Vocals from back then still used for a remix on a tour almost two decades after the initial release of this song.... To each his own opinion I guess 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

Why would anyone try to redo britneys version? That is, and I guess many Britney fans have forgotten with Britney losing her style through the years, the meaning of being an artist. You take something from a producer, writer and make it your own give ot your style your signature.

I agree, but MAKE IT YOUR OWN...slapping a guitar strum together and singing like Cold Play's Chris Martin is not original. What I'm saying is that everyone does the same thing. They take a song that's not that serious to begin with and sing an acoustic version over a guitar or piano and call it "creative" as a way to make the song "deep" or more "meaningful."

 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, GypsyWoman said:

I agree, but MAKE IT YOUR OWN...slapping a guitar strum together and singing like Cold Play's Chris Martin is not original. What I'm saying is that everyone does the same thing. They take a song that's not that serious to begin with and sing an acoustic version over a guitar or piano and call it "creative" as a way to make the song "deep" or more "meaningful."

 

Haha I am just happy that someone gives this song a meaning. I mean come on this song is almost two decades old, Brit herself should have a new perspective on this song (like she did with the onyx HotelTour) and would most likely interpret it as a ballad if she would care enough to update her songs and vision like Madonna for example does every tour.

 

All I want to say is that we should be grateful other artists pay attention to her songs, more than she herself or her team do.

Link to comment
Just now, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

Haha I am just happy that someone gives this song a meaning. I mean come on this song is almost two decades old, Brit herself should have a new perspective on this song (like she did with the onyx HotelTour) and would most likely interpret it as a ballad if she would care enough to update her songs and vision like Madonna for example does every tour.

 

All I want to say is that we should be grateful other artists pay attention to her songs, more than she herself or her team do.

Personally, there are certain songs that should not be remixed or redone especially in live performances. I think the Onyx Hotel version is fun and quirky but as a spectator, I would want to hear the original because the song as it originally is, is what's iconic. I absolutely hate it when artists change a song and completely change what makes it special.

For example, I hate the Femme Fatale version of Gimme More. The original version is pure genius and they had to ruin the experience of hearing it live by remixing it; lipsyncing or not.

Side note, this cracks me up:

 

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
8 hours ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

Don´t tell me you are happy with the same old Vocals from back then still used for a remix on a tour almost two decades after the initial release of this song.... To each his own opinion I guess 

Well, those are the vocals I'm in love with, plus the few words she sang live at the Carpool Karaoke, she sounded just like the record, so her voice hasn't really changed THAT much.

I mean, during FF era, her voice was totally different, so then it sounded weird, but with her latest album and appearances she's proven she still sounds like classic Britney, at least when she wants to

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 7 here

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block