Did Britney ever care about her career?

britneyausfan

Okay don't drag me right away but let me explain (and I am asking, i'm not stating).

She has been a performer her whole life. Lynne is a self-proclaimed stage mom. Britney is a manufactured pop artist - her music is written, given to her and she has an entire team that has created her image. To start with , she was drained, she was pushed to the brink and just churned out hit after hit. Yes she sang live, she gave insane performances - but she did exactly what was expected of her. The whole time, we can assume, she had Justin, wanted a family etc. That ends and she starts to go off the rails a bit - she probably see's her life will have to continue being pushed to extremes to keep everyone happy.

She eventually meets Kevin, has kids and tries to go out of the limelight. But the public won't let her. She finally releases Blackout which is insanely good - but is almost an F U to the media/public (feels like the crowd is saying gimme gimme more).

She has her breakdown and then after her conservatorship she is immediately pushed back into the spotlight (arguably too soon). She goes on a world tour, churns out more albums, we see her looking dead in femme fatale, people keep criticizing, keep wanting more etc. Britney Jean is pushed out way too quick, it is a critical and commercial flop. But by this stage at her life, all she knows is work, she is under a conservatorship and has to do what they say. SO many people are relying on her releasing music for their own survival... and so she does Piece Of Me... and it is here she realizes she can put in minimal effort, still make a TON of money and people will keep seeing her.

Glory was amazing and finally feels like something she wanted to do - but career wise was it a good move for her? If she cared about her career wouldn't she have put in more effort.

I am just asking all your opinion's here - don't drag me.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why these types of questions still get asked. Refer back to I Am The Femme Fatale documentary where Britney says she doesn't try to top herself because 'at this point I've done so many videos that I genuinely want to enjoy myself and I have such a great team of people to do them so we just have fun'.

She obviously cares about her career but she's having fun and I don't get why that's a bad thing.

I know what you mean. It makes me feel sad thinking about it. It's like I'm a fan of something fake, idk

I honestly think ITZney is the Britney that most cared about her career. Primeney was a puppet and post-breakdownney is a puppet as well. It's sad :decisions:

1998-2003

She cared the most imo, she was slaying, she was pushing her self vocally and with choreography.

Britney during that time earned a reputation of being one of the best performers for her stage shows.

She promoted her projects and always did medleys at award shows and remixes to her singles at award shows.

From 2004-2017

Britney already stated she has nothing left to prove.

Divorced mother of two

Married twice

Under a C Ship

Already broke sales records and became an Icon

Since then Britney as proved she doesn't care and that's no secret she has nothing to prove according to her.

She used to have passion, fire, and want to compete and give her all on stage, she was a perfectionist in her words.

When you don't have control over your life, and possible mental issues and your life becomes a circus shes using music and performing as one of her only outlets.

1 hour ago, kasavas said:

Sis watch for the record, she answers your question herself.

What did she say? I really don't feel like watching it right now

21 minutes ago, RobRocks said:

I know what you mean. It makes me feel sad thinking about it. It's like I'm a fan of something fake, idk

I honestly think ITZney is the Britney that most cared about her career. Primeney was a puppet and post-breakdownney is a puppet as well. It's sad :decisions:

Is ITZney also primeney? 

17 minutes ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

What did she say? I really don't feel like watching it right now

Is ITZney also primeney? 

:yaknow: To a certain degree, yes, but it's a little different in respect to her not being as manufactured as she once was. She was still out there kicking *** and taking names (maybe even a little more so given how she was pushed by her team during that era), but Britney was fighting for control back then. You can see little glimpses of her even discussing it in things like the ABC In The Zone Special, where she discusses taking more control of her career, and where Larry is going on about marketing and sales and she interjects with, "It's not about marketing, it's about just being cool and real!" It's also different with the way people were starting to want to see her fall by then.  She'd already proven herself many times, so it was no longer really her prime, per se.

In the ABC In the Zone documentary she told Larry that having Madonna on her record wasn't about marketing, it was about being cool. So I think she cared then.

However in Chaotic she said she was too busy towards the end of the era, with the second leg of her tour, and was just over it.

So by 2005, and with everything in 2007, I don't think she cares like she did 2003 and prior.

Archived