STRIPPERNey

Mr. Lucky

1 hour ago, Nocturney said:

I hope so.

I obviously was. :idkney:

1 hour ago, Jill Valentine said:

The birth of Stripperney started here:

Ever since most of her shows have included some sort of pole or routines around one.  She looks great so I don't see the harm, I love Stripperney.    :feelingmyself:

Uhm, NO. Don't be flop fans, y'all.The official birth of Stripperney happened at the 2000 VMA's. Britney started her transition into slutty, unapologetic teen popstar:

Image result for BRITNEY VMA 2000 GIF Image result for BRITNEY VMA 2000 GIF

Image result for BRITNEY VMA 2000 GIF  Related image

Image result for BRITNEY VMA 2000 GIF

That tour y'all mentioning came afterwards. And besides, Stripperney makes sense when right after, she's capable of giving us hardcore Danceney:

Stripperney makes part of what makes Britney Spears awesome. But she didn't rely on stripping moves as heavily as Currentney does. :idkney::queenriri:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, TemptedBoy said:

Stripperney makes part of what makes Britney Spears awesome. But she didn't rely on stripping moves as heavily as Currentney does.

Yeah, but to be fair, she used to give a crap back then. Regardless of when it began (weird that my brain omitted the 2000 VMAs, but eh), I still say it's her dancing in general that hurts her image now, not just Stripperney alone-- because if she was doing it right and mixing other forms of dance styles with it, it wouldn't be an issue. And I think really it's the armography and twirls that are hurting her the most, so those aren't so much Stripperney as.... whatever you want to call it.

Britney's dancing has always been on the **** side, and I don't really have a huge problem with her ********-esque choreography for now. It suits the types of singles she's been releasing — you can't exactly do an energetic dance to Slumber Party or Make Me. But with that being said, I definitely don't think it's a sustainable style; as she gets older, and as pop culture begins shifting again, she'll have to renovate her performances to something either more mature or more impressive (preferably both).

Ideally, I would love for her to move away from the floor-gyrating and hairography, and start picking up actual, intensive choreography again (think Me Against the Music, Overprotected, and even parts of Work ***** ). I would also love for her to move away from the leotards and heels and go back to wearing pants full-time, but I realize my wishes probably aren't going to happen anytime soon. So, 35-year-old Stripperney it is.

6 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Yeah, but to be fair, she used to give a crap back then. Regardless of when it began (weird that my brain omitted the 2000 VMAs, but eh), I still say it's her dancing in general that hurts her image now, not just Stripperney alone-- because if she was doing it right and mixing other forms of dance styles with it, it wouldn't be an issue. And I think really it's the armography and twirls that are hurting her the most, so those aren't so much Stripperney as.... whatever you want to call it.

pretty much agree :idkney:

Stripperney ONLY works for me when she's actually clothed to begin with. Like in Satisfaction, she had a nice suit on and took it off. People love that ****. For the same reason people love Demi Moore in Stiptease, she also had clothes on when she started taking them off. But since Britneys style now are more or less undressed (and oh, didn't she get how we LOVED the Victorias secret outfit, which was rather clothed in comparison to her other outfits!??) it lacks exitement. Because we've seen it all. It grows boring after a while. Its just leotard after leotard... but bring on a pair of good looking pants and she would get us exited again. Its the secrets and the revelations that makes a strip tease work. 

Both. It added to her performances before because it showed that was daring, provocative, and not afraid to be ******. Now other than recording good music she's not showing any of that in performances. She has to sell it but not rely on it. If she did acoustic videos/performances, different styles of dance, wore things other than leotards LOL, and danced harder then it wouldn't matter. Onyx Hotel Tour Britney danced very hard but she was also vulnerable and accessible. People see the current Britney as forcing an image that doesn't fit her anymore. The best Britney is the one who can show off her sexuality, quirkiness, confidence, passion, kindness, and talent. 

16 hours ago, TemptedBoy said:

I obviously was. :idkney:

Uhm, NO. Don't be flop fans, y'all.The official birth of Stripperney happened at the 2000 VMA's. Britney started her transition into slutty, unapologetic teen popstar:

Image result for BRITNEY VMA 2000 GIF Image result for BRITNEY VMA 2000 GIF

Image result for BRITNEY VMA 2000 GIF  Related image

Image result for BRITNEY VMA 2000 GIF

That tour y'all mentioning came afterwards. And besides, Stripperney makes sense when right after, she's capable of giving us hardcore Danceney:

Stripperney makes part of what makes Britney Spears awesome. But she didn't rely on stripping moves as heavily as Currentney does. :idkney::queenriri:

:o I really thought the tour was first, but yasss and I'm more than okay with her best performance being the actual birth of Stripperney. :clap:

15 hours ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Both. It added to her performances before because it showed that was daring, provocative, and not afraid to be ******. Now other than recording good music she's not showing any of that in performances. She has to sell it but not rely on it. If she did acoustic videos/performances, different styles of dance, wore things other than leotards LOL, and danced harder then it wouldn't matter. Onyx Hotel Tour Britney danced very hard but she was also vulnerable and accessible. People see the current Britney as forcing an image that doesn't fit her anymore. The best Britney is the one who can show off her sexuality, quirkiness, confidence, passion, kindness, and talent. 

giphy.gif

:idkney:

• 1 month later...

Archived