Lip Sync-Ney

IconicShow

I truly think Britney won't ever sing live again... which is just so f'n sad. Her star is already dwindling and I'm sure in 10 years, NO ONE will be checking for Britney (especially if her mediocre shows continue). I feel sad but if Britney continues to half *** her career, she won't have one for much longer. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Britneylandia said:

All her performances were always playback, this kind of threads are getting tiring :forkit:

It's different when there is playback during a P E R F O R M A N C E. Like ***** is killing it in these videos.

There's NO reason for her to be lipping when she all she does is walk back and forth on stage and bop up and down. It's embarrassing and she has lost all of her credibility 

7 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

I truly think Britney won't ever sing live again... which is just so f'n sad. Her star is already dwindling and I'm sure in 10 years, NO ONE will be checking for Britney (especially if her mediocre shows continue). I feel sad but if Britney continues to half *** her career, she won't have one for much longer. 

That's why Team B will continue to prop her up in a residency in the long run once POM ends she may sign on for another residency.

tumblr_ll222s1bNe1qap2x6o1_500.gif

The truth is, it's kinda incredible Britney is still out there after all the ****** up things she and her team did throughout her carrer. It's unbelievable people still manage to forgive her for whatever she does. Any other singer/performer would have been gone for good by now with just one tiny amount of the things I mentioned before. To say something, the BJ-gate, the alien demo and those myah vocals; that was such an embarrassment and still (idk how) they managed to get her out of it and now nobody seems to even remember that album. I swear, everytime she pulls one of these "britney things" I seriously believe she wants to **** it up on purpose; no one could be that naive and mindless. 

I didn't even notice the mess up at the VMAs last year. But it was very clearly lipped regardless.

Also, these newest mistakes are awful, but I never see anyone make a huge deal about it for the most part. Yeah, it pops up on Google News but the thing is, everyone knows Britney lip-syncs.  It's her team's worst lie kept secret.

7 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

I didn't even notice the mess up at the VMAs last year. But it was very clearly lipped regardless.

Also, these newest mistakes are awful, but I never see anyone make a huge deal about it for the most part. Yeah, it pops up on Google News but the thing is, everyone knows Britney lip-syncs.  It's her team's worst lie kept secret.

Again it has it's differences meaning when she gave energy, better dancing and mimed on point the lipping was understandable to most.

She at the very least sang ballads live most the time and added in live vocals to many of her high routine performances.

Although it's no secret that she lips it's at it's worst lately, especially to the quality of the auto tuned, robot Britney tracks.

13 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

Again it has it's differences meaning when she gave energy, better dancing and mimed on point the lipping was understandable to most.

She at the very least sang ballads live most the time and added in live vocals to many of her high routine performances.

Although it's no secret that she lips it's at it's worst lately, especially to the quality of the auto tuned, robot Britney tracks.

Yeah, I think the fanbase gets that lol. At least I do. It's ridiculous. I mean let's take the energy out of the equation. We all know about that, but the ballads thing is especially weird.

I definitely think it's a confidence thing. The last time she sang one live was during the Onyx Hotel Tour.

3 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

Yeah, I think the fanbase gets that lol. At least I do. It's ridiculous. I mean let's take the energy out of the equation. We all know about that, but the ballads thing is especially weird.

I definitely think it's a confidence thing. The last time she sang one live was during the Onyx Hotel Tour.

Sometimes her voice sounds strained like in the "threeeeeeeeee" part of Perfume, it also sounded strained when she was trying to sing in Car Pool.

It's hard knowing what the true tea is on her voice at this point, I think she would sound fine doing a ballad live.

2 hours ago, IconicShow said:

Flop comment I see, Those performances she was on point with the dancing, her miming and had high energy.  Also part of the 2000 VMA performance she did live, mostly I Can't Get No Satisfaction.

It's one thing to do what I just typed above, whereas now she doesn't care to be caught lipping to 10+ old cd vocals, robotic and auto tuned vocals that you know shes not singing or possible to sing the way the producers add so much tools to the track.

Add in that shes getting caught more and more like I posted in my OP.

Hunni, It's one thing to do this and lip

brit-dance.gif26uf9VTFtfZ1I4bn2.gif

Rather than, lip and slay

tumblr_mkdyt3RsO71s9706fo1_250.gif

Ok you have a point but I don't think she is as bad as you people say nowadays tbh :nonono:

Britney REAL, post-breakdown singing voice is one of the greatest mysteries of the modern age.

As for the lip-syncing, I don't support it. Back in the day, when she lipped and SLAYED difficult choreography at the same time, it was a bit more forgivable. Also, back in the day, Britney sang live much more than what people give her credit for - it was often a mixture of lipping, live-singing, and backing tracks. Now, it's 100% shameless lip-syncing, and it really damages her performances. Her dancing is sub-par at this point anyways, and the lip-syncing just makes it looks like some kind of Britney look-alike drag show.

Guest Arckangel
6 hours ago, Jill Valentine said:

I mean, yeah, but Myah Marie does sing a great deal on Britney Jean.  The only songs that are completely free of her "backing vocals" are "Perfume" and "Don't Cry" and there's strong distinction when compared to the other tracks.  That demo proved what many already thought of her as a singer:  she is an artist that relies heavily on studio trickery to sound decent.   But the main problem with BJ is her basically pulling a Milli Vanilli, shamelessly having  a soundalike backup singer hitting notes in her range and out of it ("Passenger") for one, like no one was going to take note?   :donewithit:

You know what? That whole BJ talk makes me think of this:

Most of the song in the film is Monroe's own voice but she needed help in two phrases – "These rocks don't lose their shape, diamonds are a girl's best friend", and at the beginning with a series of high-pitched "no's", all of which were dubbed in by the soprano Marni Nixon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamonds_Are_a_Girl's_Best_Friend#Marilyn_Monroe_version

You see! If that Myah Jean theory is factual, then Marilyn Monroe pulled a Myah Jean 60 years earlier... Listen to the song, and you'll see. Marni Nixon sounds exactly like Marilyn when singing "These rocks don't lose their shape, diamonds are a girl's best friend". The timber is the same! Therefore, Britney was not the first one to do it (if that rumour is true). When Monroe did it, it was not a scandal (but a standard in the film industry). 

As for Milli Vanilli... They did not sing one single note on the whole record!

We all love Britney, but she is not an artist anymore.

she is just a pop puppet. 

Glory is her baby but she never sang one single song live and she never discussed the album in a cohesive way.

Britney effin Spears said that she took inspiration from Selena Gomez lol.

all the performances in pom tour would be ok if she sang live. That circus performance is really embarassing! All she would need is to sing over the track... she could sit down while during that...

8 hours ago, IconicShow said:

Flop comment I see, Those performances she was on point with the dancing, her miming and had high energy.  Also part of the 2000 VMA performance she did live, mostly I Can't Get No Satisfaction.

It's one thing to do what I just typed above, whereas now she doesn't care to be caught lipping to 10+ old cd vocals, robotic and auto tuned vocals that you know shes not singing or possible to sing the way the producers add so much tools to the track.

Add in that shes getting caught more and more like I posted in my OP.

Hunni, It's one thing to do this and lip

brit-dance.gif26uf9VTFtfZ1I4bn2.gif

Rather than, lip and slay

tumblr_mkdyt3RsO71s9706fo1_250.gif

She is a singer tho. That means you always sing live right? Or at least 99% of the time. Brinni doesn't do that obviously

Guest Arckangel
4 hours ago, iZacaree said:

Britney REAL, post-breakdown singing voice is one of the greatest mysteries of the modern age.

As for the lip-syncing, I don't support it. Back in the day, when she lipped and SLAYED difficult choreography at the same time, it was a bit more forgivable. Also, back in the day, Britney sang live much more than what people give her credit for - it was often a mixture of lipping, live-singing, and backing tracks. Now, it's 100% shameless lip-syncing, and it really damages her performances. Her dancing is sub-par at this point anyways, and the lip-syncing just makes it looks like some kind of Britney look-alike drag show.

I do not think her current dancing is that bad... Just watch this:

It's a compilation of some of her best very recent POM dance moves, and it's remarkable! It's the full-on lip-synching (at 99.9%) that gets tiring. Britney also broke her knee a couple of times, so she needs to be careful. To her defence, I'd say that still being under c-ship after 9 years and 4 months, not having full access to and control over her finances, etc. while making so many other people money may deter her from giving her very best.

Singing live (totally or over backing tracks) like many other pop stars do would require more training and effort, and maybe she's like: "**** it! I'm still under c-ship, so why in the Hell would I work harder and sing live when I may just lip my way and still earn money to the clan?" See:

16 hours ago, Arckangel said:

You know what? That whole BJ talk makes me think of this:

Most of the song in the film is Monroe's own voice but she needed help in two phrases – "These rocks don't lose their shape, diamonds are a girl's best friend", and at the beginning with a series of high-pitched "no's", all of which were dubbed in by the soprano Marni Nixon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamonds_Are_a_Girl's_Best_Friend#Marilyn_Monroe_version

You see! If that Myah Jean theory is factual, then Marilyn Monroe pulled a Myah Jean 60 years earlier... Listen to the song, and you'll see. Marni Nixon sounds exactly like Marilyn when singing "These rocks don't lose their shape, diamonds are a girl's best friend". The timber is the same! Therefore, Britney was not the first one to do it (if that rumour is true). When Monroe did it, it was not a scandal (but a standard in the film industry). 

As for Milli Vanilli... They did not sing one single note on the whole record!

:whitneyshade:The fact you're taking this stance in the first place, there's no If's about it, sis.  I really don't understand how anyone can call themselves a stan, or fan, and not hear  the vocal fuckery goings on with that album.  She sounds very unlike herself, hell the duet with her own sister has Myah Marie on lead, it's ridiculously obvious.  

I don't care about Marilyn Monroe enough to watch this video or read what you wrote, no offense.  

Granted, a better comparison would be Michal Jackson's post-mortem album.  A soundalike background singer was brought in to fill in the gaps he was unable to sing.  Britney is still alive yet on that album she isn't.  

On 05/06/2017 at 11:35 PM, Britneylandia said:

All her performances were always playback, this kind of threads are getting tiring :forkit:

FLOP FAN ALERT!
Toxic was live.  But it was ******* dubbed, I don't understand why they would ******* dub her vocals for this performance.  You can hear it in the background, and it's clearer here.

On 06/06/2017 at 8:07 PM, 2K16NEY said:

It's different when there is playback during a P E R F O R M A N C E. Like ***** is killing it in these videos.

There's NO reason for her to be lipping when she all she does is walk back and forth on stage and bop up and down. It's embarrassing and she has lost all of her credibility 

toxic was live singing though :crying1:

Archived