Lip Sync-Ney

IconicShow

Guest Arckangel
2 hours ago, Jill Valentine said:

:whitneyshade:The fact you're taking this stance in the first place, there's no If's about it, sis.  I really don't understand how anyone can call themselves a stan, or fan, and not hear  the vocal fuckery goings on with that album.  She sounds very unlike herself, hell the duet with her own sister has Myah Marie on lead, it's ridiculously obvious.  

I don't care about Marilyn Monroe enough to watch this video or read what you wrote, no offense.  

Granted, a better comparison would be Michal Jackson's post-mortem album.  A soundalike background singer was brought in to fill in the gaps he was unable to sing.  Britney is still alive yet on that album she isn't.  

Oh yeah... The Jason Malachi/Mischke scandal... I recently composed a post about it.

Here's what I wrote regarding the Michael album:

This makes me think of the scandal surrounding Michael Jackson's posthumous 'Michael' album... There were rumours a singer named Jason Malachi had dubbed songs on the album, 'Breaking News' being one of the suspected songs. Malachi denied the rumour, said his Facebook page was hacked and he had never confessed to dubbing the album, but the damage is done!

Jason Malachi, who has been noted as the possible vocalist of this song, said he was not involved in the recording. On January 16, 2011, a statement appeared on Jason's Facebook to confess that he had sung songs on the album. He later claimed that his website, Myspace and Facebook had been hacked. After 2 hours, his manager Thad Nauden claimed to TMZ that "someone created a phony Facebook page in Jason's name" and "Jason wants everyone to know beyond a shadow of a doubt ... he did not sing a single note on the album. " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_News_(Michael_Jackson_song)

Here's a long detailed article on this topic: http://www.damienshields.com/teddy-riley-apologises-for-michael-album/ . A TMZ article: http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/16/michael-jackson-album-breaking-news-jason-malachi/ .

Sony Music insists it's Michael's voice on the record, but some members' of Jackson's family and quite some his fans insist some of the songs were dubbed.

There was also that rumour Mischke, who provided backup vocals for the 'Michael' song 'Hollywood Tonight', had actually dubbed the song. Others claim Jason Malachi dubbed it:

All in all, many Jackson fans hate this album the same way many Britney fans hate 'Britney Jean', and it's a shame 'cause it's two great albums!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/5/2017 at 11:35 PM, Britneylandia said:

All her performances were always playback, this kind of threads are getting tiring :forkit:

ya im always confused by threads like this. shes done this for a very long time and the GP has basically become immune to it. im not saying its right but we know its not gonna change. 

Guest Arckangel

One more thing regarding the Michael album scandal (can't edit my last post):

On December 6, 2010, the Cascio family appeared on Oprah, where Eddie Cascio insisted the songs were sung by Jackson, and showed the studio where he had allegedly recorded the songs. Riley, who had worked on two of the Cascio tracks, "Monster" and "Breaking News", said that he had to do "more processing to the voice, which is why people were asking about the authenticity of his voice". Riley also said that "With the Melodyne we actually move the stuff up which is the reason why some of the vibrato sounds a little off or processed, over-processed. We truly apologize for that happening, but you are still hearing the true Michael Jackson".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_(album)#Controversy

Guest Arckangel
6 minutes ago, asitalian12587 said:

ya im always confused by threads like this. shes done this for a very long time and the GP has basically become immune to it. im not saying its right but we know its not gonna change. 

As others and I have noted, it used to be a mix of lip-synching, singing over a backing track, singing w/ no backing track and good pre-recorded vocals for the stage. It was not 99.9% playback like now! And why did Britney and Larry Rudolph lie to the journalists, the general public and the fans saying the Piece of Me residency would definitely be sung live, though backing tracks would be used? Britney stated: "I'm definitely going to be singing live. I always sing live. It doesn't sound so great all the time, but I do my best.", and Larry declared: "The idea is to try to get her pretty close to 100%. There might be some numbers where she’s full out dancing with a track underneath her, but there won’t be any lip-syncing across the board on anything.”

After the residency had started, the following statements were made:

Adam Leber: “To put on the show that she puts on, it’s virtually impossible to sing the entire time and do what she does. She’s singing on every song, basically, when she has the ability to sing. There’s no way you can dance for 90 minutes straight and sing the entire time.” Okay... Say Leber's statement is closer to the truth... Is Brit's mic even on during the songs? If so, how loud? And how loud is the backing track? Certain video uploads suggest her microphone may be turned very low or even off during the songs and turned on after playback so she may address the audience.

Kurt Melien, who oversees entertainment programming for Planet Hollywood parent company Caesars Entertainment Corp., said Spears is using a recording of her voice to help her through the more physically grueling parts of the show, and add an electronic quality to her vocals. Some audience members said they thought they detected lip syncing. http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-britney-spears-begins-long-term-las-vegas-gig-2013dec27-story.html

Say Melien is being truthful, why were Everytime, Perfume and Alien apparently totally mimed? Those were not physically gruelling performances. Britney was even caught lipping Alien on one night when she forgot to sing the second verse on time.

My point is... IF fully lip-synching  the entire concert is Britney's true MO, then why didn't they all just state: "The show is entirely lip-synched. It's a spectacle and visual performance."? It would have been much more upfront, honest and straightforward. They lied so the GP and even the fans would think there might be a chance some of the show is live and so concert ticket sales don't suffer.

On 6/5/2017 at 5:37 PM, IconicShow said:

Now that Britney's latest lip sync fail caught on camera, and it's picking up new online and around the world.

Do you think this will continue to hurt her image, or is the world use to this cause they know she lips?

Many always had their suspicions on if she sang live or not, however with all her latest lip sync fails is it too much?

2017- Britney removes entire mic set during "I'm A Slave 4 U" due to her mask malfunction while the track continued to play.

She also had a full mask on pretending to sing.

18811965_812524315569365_188279275064708

2016- MTV VMA's

Britney was caught lipping to "Me Myself and I" she forgot some of the lyrics and was behind the track whistles.

britney-spears-g-eazy-performance-vmas-r

2015- POM - During "Crazy" Britney as she put it was just "Boppin around" and she fell on stage, clearly in pain and could barely stand the play back continued to play while Britney was a sport and continued to lip.

Starts at:

1:13

2014- POM in Vegas Britney is caught lip synching to "Alien" when the track plays Britney had her mic down while the song continued to play.

Britney has both denied and admitting to lip synching before her performance of I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman Britney said it's "all playback"

Then there's the Sia controversy where her version of Perfume was playing and Britney was caught on camera lipping to Sia's vocals.

Many artists have bashed Britney over her lipping including, Pink, Gaga and more.

Britney has a  good voice, she's clearly not dancing her *** off, I hope we can finally get a happy medium.

Meaning she sing atleast a ballad live, or certain parts of her songs live.

I can't with Larry's lies about the Vegas show being sung live.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5740269/britney-spears-manager-on-vegas-ticket-sales-lip-syncing-new-album

Billboard: First off, let's clear the air about whether Britney Spears will be lip-syncing during her Las Vegas residency shows. Can you set the record straight on this subject?
Larry Rudolph: She's going to be singing live. She does choreography and vocal coaching every day. The vocal coaching is really just to strengthen her voice and get her to a point where she can go out there every night and do a full show.

rs_500x239-131202144923-britney3.gif

I expect to get a few thumbs downs for this comment. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone when I see that question Billboard asked Larry. It seems almost comical in a way. It turns bad once you realize that Larry's stuck between a rock and a hard place when answering something like that. 

I don't really expect anything to change tbh. The media might rip Britney to pieces for it, the people that don't care will continue not caring, the people that do care will continue being annoyed by it.

6 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

As others and I have noted, it used to be a mix of lip-synching, singing over a backing track, singing w/ no backing track and good pre-recorded vocals for the stage. It was not 99.9% playback like now! And why did Britney and Larry Rudolph lie to the journalists, the general public and the fans saying the Piece of Me residency would definitely be sung live, though backing tracks would be used? Britney stated: "I'm definitely going to be singing live. I always sing live. It doesn't sound so great all the time, but I do my best.", and Larry declared: "The idea is to try to get her pretty close to 100%. There might be some numbers where she’s full out dancing with a track underneath her, but there won’t be any lip-syncing across the board on anything.”

After the residency had started, the following statements were made:

Adam Leber: “To put on the show that she puts on, it’s virtually impossible to sing the entire time and do what she does. She’s singing on every song, basically, when she has the ability to sing. There’s no way you can dance for 90 minutes straight and sing the entire time.” Okay... Say Leber's statement is closer to the truth... Is Brit's mic even on during the songs? If so, how loud? And how loud is the backing track? Certain video uploads suggest her microphone may be turned very low or even off during the songs and turned on after playback so she may address the audience.

Kurt Melien, who oversees entertainment programming for Planet Hollywood parent company Caesars Entertainment Corp., said Spears is using a recording of her voice to help her through the more physically grueling parts of the show, and add an electronic quality to her vocals. Some audience members said they thought they detected lip syncing. http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-britney-spears-begins-long-term-las-vegas-gig-2013dec27-story.html

Say Melien is being truthful, why were Everytime, Perfume and Alien apparently totally mimed? Those were not physically gruelling performances. Britney was even caught lipping Alien on one night when she forgot to sing the second verse on time.

My point is... IF fully lip-synching  the entire concert is Britney's true MO, then why didn't they all just state: "The show is entirely lip-synched. It's a spectacle and visual performance."? It would have been much more upfront, honest and straightforward. They lied so the GP and even the fans would think there might be a chance some of the show is live and so concert ticket sales don't suffer.

i know what you're saying, i remember all of the interviews and i know how it used to be. like i said, i dont think its necessarily right that she lip syncs but we know its never gonna change. shes done this, well some form of this, forever and her team always said she sings "live." believe me, im all for her singing live, but i dont expect it. especially at this point in her career. 

I was just in a rant about this on twitter, and I'll say it here

I wish she did performances like this one again and regularly:

basically having her sing along to the prerecorded tracks, even in dance-heavy songs. It won't sound good all the time of course but like, when it sound good you'll know it, and when it doesn't the track saves it

Maybe it won't be the "OMFG SHE'S SINGING LIVE!!!!" that fans are hoping for but I'd definitely give her credit for at least trying. Plus, I'm sure Boys, Everytime, Stronger and Crazy in Vegas/Tour would be way more interesting performances if she was actually singing

idk I usually wasn't bothered by her lipsyncing but I guess the fact she doesn't even try to hide it anymore is bad, I think she's dancing well nowadays and all that but this aspect really bothers me

It is such a shame though. She is a SINGER. That's why she is famous. I understand she is an entertainer but she barely does anything on stage to warrant her that title either. If she is going to halfass perform, then they need to turn her mic on. It's not fair to anyone. I am so fed up with it. I love Britney but damn, how much longer can we be okay with this? I don't care if she lipsyncs 20/21 songs, if she sang ONE song live I would give her credit but to not even TRY... like not even the slow tracks like Alien or Everytime.. that is just laziness and her just not giving a damn. :beyfedup:

On 6/5/2017 at 9:16 PM, Nocturney said:

Ok the deal is, let's be honest, Britney is pretty much irrelevant. The only times she is relevant is in situations like this. Lip syncing, another's girl voice on her album, bad performances. This goes on for years and it only diminishes her image. The sad part is that they keep doing these shitty things and seem to not care.

God it's hard to defend Britney the last 10 ******* years.

I realize I'm about to bring up an act that did something a bit differently than what Britney's doing. I'm just bringing them up because it did so much damage to these two. Milli Vanilli. Yeah, they were lipping to others doing the real singing. The playback ****** up. I'm just trying to say that this blew up in their faces and obviously this was a bad enough blow that there was no running away from it or pretending it just didn't happen. I just don't know what else to say. I think I'd be stressing out big time if I were on Britney's team in case a catastrophe on par with  what happened to MV actually happens. You might be able to avoid commenting on a few of the 'fails'. You have one big enough to get the general public REALLY talking, that's not going to be a pleasant situation. 

Pull up the Milli Vanilli Wikipedia page.  Take notice of what was said about that particular **** up. The fans either didn't notice or didn't care. That might be the 'freebie' card for Britney for why she's gotten so many free passes when it concerns this. "It's a Britney Spears concert. I'd have to be carried out from shock if she sung something live versus lip syncing." 

A lot of people might talk that the MV situation was worse and more deceitful. Idk. It seems just as bad to me to be promised the singer will be singing live and that's not happening.

Spoiler

On 6/6/2017 at 4:14 PM, Jill Valentine said:

I mean, yeah, but Myah Marie does sing a great deal on Britney Jean.  The only songs that are completely free of her "backing vocals" are "Perfume" and "Don't Cry" and there's strong distinction when compared to the other tracks.  That demo proved what many already thought of her as a singer:  she is an artist that relies heavily on studio trickery to sound decent.   But the main problem with BJ is her basically pulling a Milli Vanilli, shamelessly having  a soundalike backup singer hitting notes in her range and out of it ("Passenger") for one, like no one was going to take note?   :donewithit:

Ah, I'm glad somebody else knows about MV because I just talked about them in my post. I was worried I'd get blank stares in return. :D

Thing is it's not too surprising when you have little tricks being pulled in the studio to get an album or a song finished. Obviously these people have nerves of steel and don't care if they get outted for what they're doing or not. Fans are going to notice. 

22 hours ago, TomM0RE said:

We all love Britney, but she is not an artist anymore.

she is just a pop puppet. 

Glory is her baby but she never sang one single song live and she never discussed the album in a cohesive way.

Britney effin Spears said that she took inspiration from Selena Gomez lol.

all the performances in pom tour would be ok if she sang live. That circus performance is really embarassing! All she would need is to sing over the track... she could sit down while during that...

Part I put in bold strikes me as being unusual to me. I've defended Britney a lot of times when it concerns her anxiety. It'd be like calling the kettle black if I was shittalking her anxieties. I would think her team would know who would be able to get the best interviews from her and they'd keep using those people. There's so many things to talk about when it concerns a new album. And it seems like all we got was "It's my baby" and the tidbit about her son was the one that came up with the name for it. Idk if the lack of talk is about the interviews being on such a tight leash or what. "Gotta stay with the script or it's going to get cut anyway!"

1 hour ago, Arckangel said:

Oh yeah... The Jason Malachi/Mischke scandal... I recently composed a post about it.

Here's what I wrote regarding the Michael album:

This makes me think of the scandal surrounding Michael Jackson's posthumous 'Michael' album... There were rumours a singer named Jason Malachi had dubbed songs on the album, 'Breaking News' being one of the suspected songs. Malachi denied the rumour, said his Facebook page was hacked and he had never confessed to dubbing the album, but the damage is done!

Jason Malachi, who has been noted as the possible vocalist of this song, said he was not involved in the recording. On January 16, 2011, a statement appeared on Jason's Facebook to confess that he had sung songs on the album. He later claimed that his website, Myspace and Facebook had been hacked. After 2 hours, his manager Thad Nauden claimed to TMZ that "someone created a phony Facebook page in Jason's name" and "Jason wants everyone to know beyond a shadow of a doubt ... he did not sing a single note on the album. " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_News_(Michael_Jackson_song)

Here's a long detailed article on this topic: http://www.damienshields.com/teddy-riley-apologises-for-michael-album/ . A TMZ article: http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/16/michael-jackson-album-breaking-news-jason-malachi/ .

Sony Music insists it's Michael's voice on the record, but some members' of Jackson's family and quite some his fans insist some of the songs were dubbed.

There was also that rumour Mischke, who provided backup vocals for the 'Michael' song 'Hollywood Tonight', had actually dubbed the song. Others claim Jason Malachi dubbed it:

All in all, many Jackson fans hate this album the same way many Britney fans hate 'Britney Jean', and it's a shame 'cause it's two great albums!

I had no idea MIschke was involved in this scandal, so thanks for the education right there.  :kisses: I knew he worked with Micheal Jackson, among others, but didn't know  to what extent.  (Listening to "Hollywood Tonight" that's clearly not MJ -- at all -- it's a really bad impersonation.  The hiccups alone give it away.)   I love his production work on "Glory" and hope Britney continues to work with him in the future, because under his aid she delivered some of her best vocals in years.    She sounds engaged and most importantly like herself throughout, unlike "Britney Jean."  That album reinforces every negative connotation about her as an artist: dubious songwriting credits, vocals, and actual involvement.  It's a demo album that never should have been released for mass consumption and will never be considered great.   It's the **** stain on her otherwise immaculate discography.  :hairflip:

9 minutes ago, glitterfalls said:

Ah, I'm glad somebody else knows about MV because I just talked about them in my post. I was worried I'd get blank stares in return. :D

Thing is it's not too surprising when you have little tricks being pulled in the studio to get an album or a song finished. Obviously these people have nerves of steel and don't care if they get outted for what they're doing or not. Fans are going to notice. 

I'm a 90's baby, so I remember me some MV. :bparty:

Her team is so lucky know no one cares about this album enough, now or then, because this whole Myah Marie debacle would be so easy to prove.    I loved how her dad went on record saying she sang for Britney on "Femme Fatale" (which is false/I don't believe)  but it would be the album that followed.  :ipass:

6 hours ago, Jill Valentine said:

:whitneyshade:The fact you're taking this stance in the first place, there's no If's about it, sis.  I really don't understand how anyone can call themselves a stan, or fan, and not hear  the vocal fuckery goings on with that album.  She sounds very unlike herself, hell the duet with her own sister has Myah Marie on lead, it's ridiculously obvious.  

I don't care about Marilyn Monroe enough to watch this video or read what you wrote, no offense.  

Granted, a better comparison would be Michal Jackson's post-mortem album.  A soundalike background singer was brought in to fill in the gaps he was unable to sing.  Britney is still alive yet on that album she isn't.  

And that part in bold just made my mouth drop. Believe me, I'm used to studio trickery. I'm a huge Falco fan and they released an album a few years ago with the claim of some of the "new" songs had just been discovered. Two of the songs were instrumental songs that could've been handled by anybody in that time frame that Falco might not have worked on or even heard before in his lifetime. One song (Sweet Symphony) was a song pieced together from using words and phrases of older Falco songs.  

The album Falco was working on when he died, I don't think there's any trickery going on there. I think it was damn close to being finished to start with. I just don't think he was confident with it and that's where delays started popping up for why it didn't come out earlier than it did. 

I'm just shocked that they'd pull tricks when it concerns Michael's stuff. Call me naive, I just thought that it could've been a case of going with the stuff that'd definitely been completed and maybe throwing in some songs that were unreleased from the last few years before Michael's death in order to have a complete full album. 

1 hour ago, glitterfalls said:

I expect to get a few thumbs downs for this comment. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone when I see that question Billboard asked Larry. It seems almost comical in a way. It turns bad once you realize that Larry's stuck between a rock and a hard place when answering something like that. 

I don't really expect anything to change tbh. The media might rip Britney to pieces for it, the people that don't care will continue not caring, the people that do care will continue being annoyed by it.

I know it's like really she can't sing Perfume live, when Lucky was in the POM show she sat there and lipped it, I'm like come on Britney you're better than this.

I don't mind her standing on stage, or walking back and forth if she's delivering live vocals like the performances below

britney_hawaii-7.gifdont_zpsjvwyyq9e.png

1 hour ago, 2K16NEY said:

It is such a shame though. She is a SINGER. That's why she is famous. I understand she is an entertainer but she barely does anything on stage to warrant her that title either. If she is going to halfass perform, then they need to turn her mic on. It's not fair to anyone. I am so fed up with it. I love Britney but damn, how much longer can we be okay with this? I don't care if she lipsyncs 20/21 songs, if she sang ONE song live I would give her credit but to not even TRY... like not even the slow tracks like Alien or Everytime.. that is just laziness and her just not giving a damn. :beyfedup:

Right? And this fanbase gets excited when she sings a word live when in reality she's supposed to sing a SONG live not just a damn word.

1 hour ago, asitalian12587 said:

i know what you're saying, i remember all of the interviews and i know how it used to be. like i said, i dont think its necessarily right that she lip syncs but we know its never gonna change. shes done this, well some form of this, forever and her team always said she sings "live." believe me, im all for her singing live, but i dont expect it. especially at this point in her career. 

At this rate I don't even anticipate an amazing dance routine, let alone a live vocal.

Britney-spears-sophia-grace-rosie-ellen-

Guest Arckangel
6 minutes ago, Jill Valentine said:

I had no idea MIschke was involved in this scandal, so thanks for the education right there.  :kisses: I knew he worked with Micheal Jackson, among others, but didn't know  to what extent.  (Listening to "Hollywood Tonight" that's clearly not MJ -- at all -- it's a really bad impersonation.  The hiccups alone give it away.)   I love his production work on "Glory" and hope Britney continues to work with him in the future, because under his aid she delivered some of her best vocals in years.    She sounds engaged and most importantly like herself throughout, unlike "Britney Jean."  That album reinforces every negative connotation about her as an artist: dubious songwriting credits, vocals, and actual involvement.  It's a demo album that never should have been released for mass consumption and will never be considered great.   It's the **** stain on her otherwise immaculate discography.  :hairflip:

I'm a 90's baby, so I remember me some MV. :bparty:

Her team is so lucky know no one cares about this album enough, now or then, because this whole Myah Marie debacle would be so easy to prove.    I loved how her dad went on record saying she sang for Britney on "Femme Fatale" (which is false/I don't believe)  but it would be the album that followed.  :ipass:

Murray Langston did not mention Femme Fatale or any other album by name. He told Star (a magazine that actually hates Britney) that his daughter, Myah Marie, has a knack for sounding like Britney (which is true). He said it looks like Britney just walks in, lays down her vocals and could not care less whose voice ends up on her albums. He then claimed his daughter only made $1,000 per song and doesn't get residuals, which he found "pretty chintzy". Sounds like jealousy to me...

Star magazine published that viciously scathing article in March 2013, so possibly just before Britney Jean was recorded (reportedly from May to October 2013). It is also possible the work had already started on Britney Jean. Myah Marie did sing backups on Circus and Femme Fatale (check the official album liners) on the songs Circus, Till the World Ends, Hold It Against Me, Inside Out, (Drop Dead) Beautiful, Trouble for Me and Gasoline.  She also provided backups for the track SMS (Bangerz). More on Star Magazine and Murray Langston:

One more thing regarding the Michael album scandal:

On December 6, 2010, the Cascio family appeared on Oprah, where Eddie Cascio insisted the songs were sung by Jackson, and showed the studio where he had allegedly recorded the songs. Riley, who had worked on two of the Cascio tracks, "Monster" and "Breaking News", said that he had to do "more processing to the voice, which is why people were asking about the authenticity of his voice". Riley also said that "With the Melodyne we actually move the stuff up which is the reason why some of the vibrato sounds a little off or processed, over-processed. We truly apologize for that happening, but you are still hearing the true Michael Jackson".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_(album)#Controversy

You see! Vocal processing (tuning, effects, filters) can truly alter the sound of one's voice. And it's always possible for a singer to alter their vocal technique, tone or timber on purpose.

1 hour ago, Arckangel said:

Murray Langston did not mention Femme Fatale or any other album by name. He told Star (a magazine that actually hates Britney) that his daughter, Myah Marie, has a knack for sounding like Britney (which is true). He said it looks like Britney just walks in, lays down her vocals and could not care less whose voice ends up on her albums. He then claimed his daughter only made $1,000 per song and doesn't get residuals, which he found "pretty chintzy". Sounds like jealousy to me...

Star magazine published that viciously scathing article in March 2013, so possibly just before Britney Jean was recorded (reportedly from May to October 2013). It is also possible the work had already started on Britney Jean. Myah Marie did sing backups on Circus and Femme Fatale (check the official album liners) on the songs Circus, Till the World Ends, Hold It Against Me, Inside Out, (Drop Dead) Beautiful, Trouble for Me and Gasoline.  She also provided backups for the track SMS (Bangerz). More on Star Magazine and Murray Langston:

Which was the case for Britney Jean though, Myah Marie's dad wasn't lying there.  Where you read  jealousy, I read frustration and understandably so.  I don't consider Myah to be the enemy at all either, because she did what was asked and pulled out her best vocal impersonations to the point you're defending and trying to convince me it's merely just digital vocal processing.   Britney and her team are squarely at fault for how that album turned out, because frankly they served **** on a platter and tried to say it was a gourmet meal.     For Glory, thankfully, all was rectified she sings lead and Miss Marie was axed.   Just listening to these albums back-to-back will tell you what is blatantly obvious.   

I wasn't disputing Myah's backing vocals on "Circus" and "Femme Fatale."  Britney sings lead on those albums, even when her voice is distorted beyond belief, for example, I still make out her voice singing lead on "(Drop Dead) Beautiful."    The fact she is even used on "SMS" of all songs in the first place just speaks on how messy that whole era was.  Why was she even needed?  Britney talks for all of 15 seconds on that track.  Her team really tried it. :nyheadache:

Archived