People still think Britney does *****

Daxx

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Daniella said:

Part of the reason why people still think **** about her is because she never spoke up. She never did a Barbara Walters interview like Rihanna did after her Chris Brown incident. Had Rihanna not spoken up, people would have still thought she gets abused and/or beaten by every other guy she's with. And no, FTR doesn't count. It didn't tell people anything they didn't already know. People are now pricks towards Britney because Britney never truly came back to the public. Most people don't even know what she's up to. 

I still think that she'll talk about it one day but it won't be for a long time and by then not even us will care LOL

The 2007 situation was too shoking and strongly televised compared to the impact her return on the artistic scene had. That's why most people only remember that sad period and nothing else... Here in Italy it's like she's mostly forgotten by the GP... what a flop country. 

26 minutes ago, Cloud82 said:

The 2007 situation was too shoking and strongly televised compared to the impact her return on the artistic scene had. That's why most people only remember that sad period and nothing else... Here in Italy it's like she's mostly forgotten by the GP... what a flop country. 

Really?! :ohnoney: But Glory went #1 in Italy

Yeah bc she still acts weird. Listen to any interview... Even when she was promoting Glory and showing her personality more, she still sounds like a little kid. She has a hard time recalling things and some of her stories are so bizarre they sound made up. I love Britney but there's obviously something going on. I don't think it's *****, I think it's medication. I hope she's okay (she seems to have been doing well for the last few years now) but I can totally understand why the public thinks she's still off.

2 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Yeah bc she still acts weird. Listen to any interview... Even when she was promoting Glory and showing her personality more, she still sounds like a little kid. She has a hard time recalling things and some of her stories are so bizarre they sound made up. I love Britney but there's obviously something going on. I don't think it's *****, I think it's medication. I hope she's okay (she seems to have been doing well for the last few years now) but I can totally understand why the public thinks she's still off.

And X-Factor was a wrong wrong wrong choice. Jeez, I wish it never happened... 

Here's the sad, disgusting truth: almost everyone in Hollywood, the music industry, and the modeling industry frequently either use or abuse ***** and/or alcohol to excess; however, the GP doesn't care as long as the celebrities in question remain capable of outwardly projecting a beautiful, glamorous lifestyle amidst the smoke and mirrors. The public doesn't care what makeup, plastic surgery, Photoshop, or ***** are utilized to keep their idyllic idol propped up and smiling. If fans found out Kylie Jenner was snorting coke to stay thin, Selena Gomez couldn't get out of bed without a high dose of antidepressants/anxiolytics, and Bieber consumed a crazy amount of uppers to put on an energetic show, followed by a handful of downers in order to sleep afterwards, their image wouldn't be permanently or otherwise significantly tarnished as long as they remained "pretty," continued offering that which was expected of them, and never experienced any cracks in their perfect facade.

But Britney's breakdown was different. It didn't remain "pretty," and she wasn't able to maintain an exterior illusion of someone that is high-functioning or happy. On the contrary, she demonstrated the raw authenticity of both mental illness and **** use: it's devastating, scary, and sometimes ugly. There is nothing "glamorous" about shaving your head, walking in public sans pants whilst wearing blood-soaked panties, or even simply gaining a bit of weight where none existed before; and only once these superficial and tangible displays of her inner demons became overtly obvious, did people begin to perceive it as problematic.

To clarify further, think of Britney's behavior leading up to the "official" mental breakdown. On top of her increasingly appearing apathetic and notably worn-out, she also became increasingly erratic. She was impulsive (55-hour-wedding), careless and myopic (proposing marriage to a man after having dated him for only a few short months, while he had a pregnant girlfriend at home), became belligerent with media and paparazzi, and partied more often than not. But even though she showed all the signs of someone heading for disaster, who was in desperate need of help, no one took it seriously because she maintained the appearance of the ultimate popstar, super hot with long blonde hair and a perfectly toned body.

I mean, was she criticized and made fun of following the Vegas wedding and her choice of mate in K-Fed? Yes, but the tone from both the media and the GP weren't of revulsion, disdain or unapologetic hatred until she was no longer the "sexiest woman alive." Once she no longer had the desire and/or ability to continue looking like a Barbie doll and remaining sweet, cute and innocent in her interviews and public encounters, that's when the tone shifted, and drastically.

Because she had been a *** icon ever since her teenage debut, people projected something akin to genuine anger at Britney for daring to be a human being, and therefore imperfect by definition. And since they couldn't idealize her on a pedestal anymore, one they had collectively spent years building, they instead gleefully assisted in pulling her down as far down as possible, watching with an almost sadistic pleasure as she crashed and burned. And the more she burned, the more people merely mocked the ashes of who she'd once been.

Essentially, people always lived vicariously through Britney, and once they no longer perceived her as the unattainable "American Dream," they began to punish her for not living up to their own impossible expectations of her (and of themselves); they hated that she, the symbol of beauty and success, now demonstrated the same weaknesses which humans despise and fear most about themselves: imperfection and failure.

So, to that end, I think many people will continue to perceive her as a "crazy," bald, ****-addict, because that's where THEY feel comfortable placing her after that extreme cognitive dissonance that arose from the transition she underwent during her breakdown. Primarily, they want to believe that Britney is just a crazy person, and most importantly an outlier, because that makes them feel safe. That kind of thinking is protective, as it implies that THEY aren't personally vulnerable or susceptible to suffering from onset of mental illness or addiction. As long as they believe it's a "Britney thing" rather than what it truly is, aka, "a human thing," then they can placate themselves and are able to sleep at night in their willful ignorance.

29 minutes ago, geminiMike said:

People are uneducated, malnourished, and sheep like. Who cares?

I don't know where you reside, but in the U.S., the majority of the populace is the complete opposite of malnourished; 3 out of 4 American men are either overweight or obese. It's an unprecedented health epidemic, as for the first time in US history the life expectancy rate is shorter for the current generation in contrast to that of their parents' generation. Also, I'm not sure why I'm telling you any of this as it's completely unrelated to the thread. :thinkney:

I wholly endorse the people = uneducated sheep comment, though. 

Archived