There seems to be a partition lately on Exhale regarding Britney.

indyRS

it's the age old exhale debate and I totally get what you're saying, and I think most of us on this forum think about this at some point

my personal take is that Britney in a way is 'done' with pouring her soul into her career or herself as an artist like she used to, the way most successful artists do

when she performs its like she turns on a switch, becomes 'Britney the performer doing what is necessary for her JOB to fulfill this contract or make x amount of money' and not really as an artist, and I think it has a lot to do with her past and let's face it, not many artists went through what she did at a certain point, and at the same time, not many artists have created this impressive legacy and high standard

I think after therapy or just her own accord she's made the decision to prioritize 'private Britney' and live her life, resorting to whatever means necessary to keep herself stable and that creates a certain disconnect when you see her on stage

this is just my opinion though and how I feel after seeing her yesterday, I still love her, I was gETTING MY LIFE during her concert last night and will keep supporting her because while I appreciate other artists' talent and music nobody draws me in like that. when I saw her yesterday for the first time honestly it was an indescribable feeling, if Beyonce or JLO showed up in front of me there's no way I'd react like that

it's easy to call people 'britards' or 'haters' or whatever in between but honestly that's very silly to me

I think 'britards' are just fans who just love her unconditionally and choose not to perpetuate the negativity or disappointment and I get that

'haters' or people with meltdowns are MOSTLY people who need to vent their frustration because they place so many expectations in Britney because she symbolizes something for them, and I get that too. it's easy to watch her on youtube and feel disappointed, because on youtube we almost judge her clinically on the way she moves and behaves, and most fanbases are not like this. but then again, most artists are not like Britney, so.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Magnet said:

it's the age old exhale debate and I totally get what you're saying, and I think most of us on this forum think about this at some point

my personal take is that Britney in a way is 'done' with pouring her soul into her career or herself as an artist like she used to, the way most successful artists do

when she performs its like she turns on a switch, becomes 'Britney the performer doing what is necessary for her JOB to fulfill this contract or make x amount of money' and not really as an artist, and I think it has a lot to do with her past and let's face it, not many artists went through what she did at a certain point, and at the same time, not many artists have created this impressive legacy and high standard

I think after therapy or just her own accord she's made the decision to prioritize 'private Britney' and live her life, resorting to whatever means necessary to keep herself stable and that creates a certain disconnect when you see her on stage

this is just my opinion though and how I feel after seeing her yesterday, I still love her, I was gETTING MY LIFE during her concert last night and will keep supporting her because while I appreciate other artists' talent and music nobody draws me in like that. when I saw her yesterday for the first time honestly it was an indescribable feeling, if Beyonce or JLO showed up in front of me there's no way I'd react like that

it's easy to call people 'britards' or 'haters' or whatever in between but honestly that's very silly to me

I think 'britards' are just fans who just love her unconditionally and choose not to perpetuate the negativity or disappointment and I get that

'haters' or people with meltdowns are MOSTLY people who need to vent their frustration because they place so many expectations in Britney because she symbolizes something for them, and I get that too. it's easy to watch her on youtube and feel disappointed, because on youtube we almost judge her clinically on the way she moves and behaves, and most fanbases are not like this. but then again, most artists are not like Britney, so.

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

anyone looking for live vocals at this stage in her career just baffles me. sure you can hope for a line or two, some ad libs, etc. but to say she needs to sing all her songs live is a pipe dream. shes not that type of artist. also, to act like her dancing isnt up to par makes no sense to me as well. her growth just in vegas alone has been amazing to see. compare where's shes at now to years ago and there's a real noticeable improvement and this is something that should be praised. add in her increased energy and enthusiasm and this is also something this fan base should be excited about moving forward. looking at this mini world tour should also dispel any of the LAZY comments because if she was lazy and complacent, she'd stay in vegas, keep her favorable schedule, and make her money. this shows effort, this shows drive, this shows her branching out and people should be happy about it. this could open the door to a full world tour with b10 and that would be such a big step for her right now. this is the time we should be lifting her up, being excited for her and her effort. she couldve hung up the towel years ago (especially after her breakdown) and been perfectly fine financially but she keeps pushing. i wish everyone would appreciate her more :kisses:

I'm part of the ones that think she's doing fine.

I'm not blind, I do see she's not Primeney anymore, and I do believe she could do better if she tried harder. The difference is, that I've accepted she won't. At some point, I accepted FFney levels, both in performances, public appearances, interviews, mood, her voice, her looks, I accepted that that was the new Britney Spears, and that was the way she was gonna be from that point on, and it would actually get worse as years went by.

I don't know where were most of you around that time, probably weren't actually following her or I don't know, but I just find unbelievable that anyone that lived the FF era can't be grateful of what we have now. Or how could anyone expect such high levels of everything, her passion, her discipline, enthusiasm, or the time/money investment in her shows, etc. I'm just grateful she's still around doing this! Even if we consider the past years, there was even a time we thought she would never leave Vegas, and now she's finally doing all those things we once thought impossible, at leas I thought it would never happen again, and look at you, or them, or whatever, just complaining and bashing and insulting. What were you expecting from all this? Haven't you had enough meltdowns already to know things are always like this? Through the years I've been learning, and each era there's something more, for example, at this point, I will never expect more than two singles for the same era again, it's happen twice, I won't  wear myself out with false hopes. If she ever releases more than two singles again, then it'll be a nice surprise, and I'll enjoy it, but that's it.

And the other day I read a comment about something like, why were we all complaining about the meltdowns if that's like part of being on Exhale, and just for fun and etc. Ok,  yeah, it's funny to say a comment or two, and make fun of a few things, and even of our own situation as fans, but one goes to the concert threads to see the pictures, and videos and whatever, and all I see is an endless flow of hate comments, and it's really tiring to be reading all that, page by page trying to find an actual clip of the show, and even more when the OP's aren't updating, and when you know all these people complaining didn't have any reason to have such high expectations. If there was proof that I could say, ok, we were promised something really big, it all pointed that we were gonna have the show of her career, then probably even I would be disappointed, but wtf were you expecting? Pre-recorded vocals? New, actually better choreo? Glory songs added to the show? New props, new outfits? WHO ARE YOU STANNING FOR? In what parallel universe do ya'll live?

So all of them that have been complaining since Vegas started in 2013, and keep complaining to this day, my question is, what else are you expecting from Britney at this point? Why are you still here? WHY are you still even waiting something from her, if you have such a low and bad concept of her as an artist and her team? Why can't ya'll just take the song or album you liked from her, and listen to it on repeat on your own and forget about anything else she releases in the future, if you know it all is going to be a mess from now on, AS IT HAS BEEN FOR YOU THESE PAST YEARS? Why is it so hard to just accept the new situation, lower your standards and appreciate whatever she gives to you?

4 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

it's not the halfassing that bothers me, it's the lack of inspiration, creativity and basically having the same theme and aesthetic for 10+ years which is the **** blonde half naked barbie look, she hasn't shown reinvention and growth in that aspect, I mean look at Madonna when she was at Britney's age she had already gone through tons of iconic looks and themes.

I want an themed album that tells a story I want something visually and musically captivating, a true Britney experience.

But as I said, I really wanna know, if you're saying yourself she's been like this for 10+ years, what is it that makes you think that things are gonna change now? She's always been like this, or at least for a long time now, why are you expecting something so different from her, why can't all of the people that think like you do, which is totally respectable, just accept what Britney Spears is, today, and her career, and take all those themed albums or growth from other artists that actually do that kind of stuff, or that take their careers through those paths? Why get mad or disappointed at Britney for not giving us things she doesn't actually have to?

I just fail to see the connection between the so high expectations some people have, and what she has actually been doing in recent years. I just don't understand why would someone expect so much from her in this day and age. And some would say those aren't high expectations, that are actually very simple things that other artists do all the time, it might be true for them, but in Britney Spears world, they are very unlikely things to happen. So it just doesn't make sense to me.

I feel like I'm sitting on the partition :orangu:

I don't really care about Britney's performance skills; I've seen her several times in Vegas and each time was such a great experience. I think fans who watch videos from every show and pick apart differences are weird, sorry. Like nothing compares to being there and if you're watching the same stuff every week, then you're just asking yourself to be bored and disappointed. 

My only issue is the lip singing to slow tracks, which is why I despise the fact that Make Me and Slumber Party were the singles from Glory. It's cringe to watch and embarrassing and awkward af. 

Post 2007, I literally have not cared if she "half assed" performances because she was still serving solid pop. I can watch  lackluster performances of Womanizer, Circus, Hold It Against Me, Till the World Ends, all the album tracks (Drop Dead Beautiful, How I Roll, etc) that she did on FFT, Work *****, etc because the tracks are still ENERGETIC. Even if Britney herself is out of it, the performances are still ALIVE and FUN to watch because of the music. 

My issue as a fan is solely in her recording slow, boring music that she isn't going to bring to life LIVE vocally. It's pointless to me, not exciting and a waste of recording. If she's not going to give us the pop anthems that her brand is known for, she can AT LEAST vocal train if she wants to bother with this watered down R&B crap. 

Thats my only issue with Britney.

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, ALLEYESONUS! said:

There's 3 types of Britney fans in this world.

Britards that think everything Brit does is perfect and that can't handle when someone doesn't think everything Brit does is perfect. 

Normal fans that think some things are good and some things are bad. Can have an opinion without being rude.

Then we have the ones that hate on everything. It's okay to have an opinion but you don't have to be nasty and you don't have to bring it up in every thread.

This! :rihclap:

tbh, you basically have to be FRONT ROW to make seeing her really worth it. (if anyone wants to beg to differ thats fine) 

You can't be in the back and hear the album track and not even be able to see her expressions and feel her star power....

There's no way she could do a huge stadium with ppl in the back/upper bowl and be doin that ****. 

I was in the front and it was amazing and i did NOT care about the lip syncing at all, even for the ballads, but like i said i was feeling her energy and just loving being so close to her and watching/appreciating her up close. 

19 hours ago, andy131 said:

My gosh this forum has become everything that's wrong with the world. A bunch of trolls that sit behind their computers and attack others they don't even know. Remember that old saying our parents always told us? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. This is a fan forum and her own fans are constantly bashing her... it's legitimately insane.  I'd understand simple constructive criticism like "damn, not her best show ever, but can't wait to see what she does next!" but instead I'm seeing, "she looks like she has mental retardation." or "what a **** up, I can't believe I ever stanned for this woman." It makes me want to cry honestly. I used to LOVE coming to this place and now it's literally the darkest place on the internet. How sad.  

and I don't understand how can some people talk so bad with other members who don't know them personally... how can you say to another person "you are full of ****, you are a ****, you are a *****, you are ugly" if you never saw that person in private just because you have different opinions? I wonder in what kind of world we are living.. of course sometimes we make fun of artists, we laugh, but not in a cruel form.. but to talk like that with a member of this forum it's horrible..is that a new generation?

I think she does a pretty good job from what she's overcome. 

There are nights where you can see she's not all there but she has greatly improved since POM Began. After FF Era I didn't think she would ever get back to an energetic confident Britney. There is always room for improvement though.. 

I think whats missing is her putting her whole heart into the show as in if she sang ballads live there would be more realness of her put into it and not just production. As well fan interaction would make the audience feel more connected too. Just those little things can come a long way. :brit:

2 minutes ago, HeavenOnExhale said:

I think she does a pretty good job from what she's overcome. 

There are nights where you can see she's not all there but she has greatly improved since POM Began. After FF Era I didn't think she would ever get back to an energetic confident Britney. There is always room for improvement though.. 

exactly but I feel like its something in her life that sometimes makes her not be there, i don't know what but I don't think she has a very very happy life in some aspects if you understand what i mean

Do people actually think she is doing a great job?:ponderney: people must have a low bar set on entertainment level I guess:ponderney:

You should watch some other artists live in concert, I did and even Madonna has got more energy in her little pinky than Britney has in her whole body currently....

Archived