So about Brits lip-syncing...

Alleyesonus_

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CashmereCat said:

i said this **** like 3 years ago and people ate me and spit me out that I hated Britney.  Glad everyones seeing how astronomically annoying it is.  (not saying you, I mean most of exhale) :selenerz:

This is Exhale for y'all, the place where people still thinks she's PRIMENEY 

It bothers everyone but Britney. I get tired of even complaining about it BUT it's very frustrating. I don't think her voice is damaged to the point where she can't sing ballads live. I think it's anxiety and/or a lack of interest in doing better. Britney made music her life and her performances showed it. Glory particularly in Make Me, Britney put emotion into her music again. I'm hoping for a resurgence of Britney the performer but I'm not expecting it. Now performing is a hobby so she doesn't rehearse and she cuts difficult dance moves. I would love for a fire to be lit under her butt so she would put more effort into putting on a show. She's a visual artist with a unique voice. Why not use it? Her CD vocals are good better than a good chunk of the pop stars but if she wants to lip synch then she has to deal with people not taking her seriously. Uninspired is the word I would use to describe some of her recent efforts. She could at least do difficult choreography again and amp up the visuals. 

59 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

It's because the dancing doesn't compensate for the lipsyncing anymore.

britneys career as of late is that of a drag queen tbh. The only difference is that drag queens won't go on stage looking a mess at times.

I've seen more passion from drag queens.

Guest Arckangel
1 hour ago, Someone Who Knows said:

The voice she sings with is a STUDIO VOICE. It is hard to sing like that live for 10 minutes, let alone 90. Let alone when constantly moving around. She often sounds BAD when she tries to sing live. Get over it, she's always going to lip-sync.

What about Madonna, then? Listen to this intimate gig. She fully performed it live! She even sang 'Toxic' LIVE—Britney mimed it on Carpool Karaoke... ('Toxic' starts at at 16:30.)

Now, compare these:

Totally different vocals! In this song, her studio voice (lighter) much differs from her live voice (deeper). Madonna understands a live vocal performance does not have to be a duplication of the studio version. And Madonna's playing the guitar too while singing.

16 hours ago, ALLEYESONUS! said:

Is it starting to bother anyone else? :idkney: Before I didn't care about it at all, but lately I'm starting to get sick of it.:donewithit: I think it's because she's really bad at lip syncing at the moment and I can't stand her lipping to her 20 year old vocals. Something needs to be done. They need to pre-record asap cause this is honestly getting ridiculous, she also needs to take her lip syncing serious and at least make it look kind of real. And I think she could at least sing Everytime live, I don't get it....

I get that her voice is probably damaged but I mean why don't they do something about it? If the key is to high for her in Everytime for example, why don't they lower the key so it's easier for her to sing it live? :lessons: 

I miss her live singing so much :idkney:I fell

16 hours ago, ALLEYESONUS! said:

Is it starting to bother anyone else? :idkney: Before I didn't care about it at all, but lately I'm starting to get sick of it.:donewithit: I think it's because she's really bad at lip syncing at the moment and I can't stand her lipping to her 20 year old vocals. Something needs to be done. They need to pre-record asap cause this is honestly getting ridiculous, she also needs to take her lip syncing serious and at least make it look kind of real. And I think she could at least sing Everytime live, I don't get it....

I get that her voice is probably damaged but I mean why don't they do something about it? If the key is to high for her in Everytime for example, why don't they lower the key so it's easier for her to sing it live? :lessons: 

I miss her live singing so much :idkney:

I feel the same way and I dont understang what is happening :meltdown:

I agree 100% with what you said. Back then playback was really necessary because of the heavy choreographies and it was ok. Plus, she did a very good job. Not to mention that she also used to sing live with a backtrack or completely live in many songs, so it wasn't all playback. It was the perfect combination in my opinion.

But now is a ******* mess. Not only she doesn't even care to pretend she's singing live (Her playback is awful), but also they use 20yo tracks to do it. I mean... Doing playback with Crazy album track? BOMT? Oops and more? We all know that she doesn't have that voice and it's ridiculous!!! Plus, she doesn't sing live with backtrack and of course, the possibilities of having a ballad live are almot impossible. It's like a bad joke. The worst thing is that this is damaging her reputaion, the GP is even more sick than us and Brit doesn't care at all about it. 

It would be great for her career if she AT LEAST sings live with backtrack. People would take her serious again. But I'm here for pre-recorded vocals, everything is better than the stupid album tracks. :byebitch::meltdown:

13 hours ago, sunkissed said:

My heart :wendycry:

I miss primeney so much it's unreal. It's almost comparable to the loss of a loved one :crying11:

Don't get me wrong. I love Britney. Always have, always will no matter what. But I am not a fan of her artistry and her as a performer anymore. I haven't been since 2004 because that was the last time she was genuine and passionate. (Blackout is an exception musically speaking. She was hella passionate about the whole album and what it meant to her) I've tried hard to appreciate her during Circus, then she just got worse in FF. Then Britney Jean came.

Even though she's improved GREATLY in Vegas and Glory seems to go in the right direction, she's no where even near close to what she used to be.

She's currently doing AT THE MOST 15-20% of what primeney would've done, and it shows. Her shows are extremely uninspired. Her choreo looks like something she would teach in her dance class for  little girls, she can't even be bothered to PRETEND to lipsync that is irony at its best (I mean God c'mon, your already pretending to sing by lipsyncing at least do a good job at it), don't stop "singing" when you're behind a prop, don't lipsync to someone else's vocals, and DON'T lipsync to vocals older than your sons is what fans are asking for, we aren't even asking her to sing the entire show, her costumes look like it came straight out of some 80's disco-themed workout VHS tape, she can't even hire a proper hair and make up team (you would not buy tickets and go to a Broadway show or a classical play expecting to see the main cast looking a mess like Britney, but we expect to see it on a Britney show because that's just how she does it) 

You don't sing. You don't dance. At least look good.

She also doesn't seem to connect to her music anymore, so fans don't either. She sings songs that have emotions in the lyrics but you don't hear it when you're listening. Compare Everytime to Out From Under. ANYONE could've sung OFU and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, because Britney went in the studio, listened to a demo of some sad ballad, and sung the words, and called it a day. She hasn't shown real emotions in her music for a loooong time. Her recent pop songs could be sung by Ariana Grande or Katy Perry, and her ballads are Sia rejects. There's no "Britneyness" characteristic at all in her past 4 albums. It's just a bunch of catchy songs that a bunch of producers and writers made and threw at her in the studio.

I'm just glad she's healthy and seems to be in a happy place now. She's happy being 90% mom and 10% popstar, and that's her right to do so. 

But this GIF set suddenly put a blaring contrast in the reality we have now of Currentney vs what we used to have. It just hit me out of no where :crying11:

You couldn't have said it better. You took the words right out of my mouth. :crying2::crying1:

I wouldn't have a problem with her lip-synching if she weren't so bad at it.  Britney needs to look at Janet Jackson performances, who uses very realistic pre-recorded vocal tracks, sings her ballads 75-100% live, and will sing a line or two live to keep up the illusion.  This issue isn't regulated to just stan forums, when I saw her show last year I heard people around me openly asking if she was lipping.  At my job last year when talking about her Billboard performance a few coworkers pointed out her blatant lip-synching there.   She gets away with it because, in the minds of many, she simply "can't sing"  and it's a shame.  Especially since she doesn't do anything to refute those claims, POM could have been an opportunity but instead it's more of the same with Britney starring in a live action music video.  

18 hours ago, ALLEYESONUS! said:

Yes, she could sing it during carpool so she could obviously sing it at POM since she's basically just walking around moving her amrs...

I bet if she did that, she would even get more into the song and give a little more feeling to the performance. It'll never happen though.

Archived