So about Brits lip-syncing...

Alleyesonus_

It doesn't bother me because she always did it.

But at this stage of her career, I think the fans and gp need artistically more mature and more serious approach to her performances and live appearances. She really needs to get rid of that cheesy pop star image and step out of her comfort zone.

I'm here for prerecorded vocals, but also she needs reinvent her image and her self as a performer. 

Cheesy pop image and performances are just not suitable for 35 years old women. Nobody can't take her seriously!

But to deliver that she needs to obviously bring some fresh blood to her team, because besides Britneys unwillingness to put her A game, her team really sucks!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she ****** quit smoking and start taking serious vocal lessons she could be a really good singer.
I mean... look at Rihanna for example, she was pretty bad and now is pretty much decent!
And Britney definitely HAD a voice, so she could be quite good.
She's not really dancing anymore, at least sing live....

2 minutes ago, ALLEYESONUS! said:

I hate that she seems to not care at all 

Yes, you're right.
I mean... Womanizer@Pom is a bad performance with a pretty good dancebreak. If she just sang it live (she could do it, song is easy her moves are not complex enough to justify lipsynching) and slay  that brief dance breakdown it would be Beyonka level.
I don't know why she cares so little....

Just now, Alex_1991 said:

Yes, you're right.
I mean... Womanizer@Pom is a bad performance with a pretty good dancebreak. If she just sang it live (she could do it, her moves are not complex enough to justify lipsynching) and dance during the breakdown it would be Beyonce level.
I don't know why she cares so little....

Yes, she could sing it during carpool so she could obviously sing it at POM since she's basically just walking around moving her amrs...

Just now, ALLEYESONUS! said:

Yes, she could sing it during carpool so she could obviously sing it at POM since she's basically just walking around moving her amrs...

Exactly. If she sang it live like the carpool + doing the dancebreak she would SLAY.
I don't understand her... doesn't she look at videos of her performances?  :(

10 minutes ago, OopsOverprotected said:

Yea but before she sat down she was running around on stage for 40 minutes

she can sing over backing tracks if she wants/tries to while performing ballads.she can even sing songs like boys, womanizer etc over the track because she doesn't dance, she just moves her arms and walks.most of the choreography she does now very simple.ı think she doesn't want to sing and maybe she can't sing well because she hasn't been training her voice or hasn't been singing live for years.

Just now, britisthecolor said:

she can sing over backing tracks if she wants/tries to while performing ballads.she can even sing songs like boys, womanizer etc over the track because she doesn't dance, she just moves her arms and walks.most of the choreography she does now very simple.ı think she doesn't want to sing and maybe she can't sing well because she hasn't been training her voice or hasn't been singing live for years.

Idk, I agree with the point that her voice is not trained and she can't sing live for 1h and 30 mins but I believe she still has the skills

I've been a fan since 1998, so I used to have no problem with lipsynching at all, largely because I loved watching Britney's performances for the hardcore dancing, energy and charisma. The aforementioned elements were more than enough to captivate me, and I honestly couldn't have cared less whether or not she was singing live.

However, ever since the Circus Tour, she has increasingly stopped putting effort into her dancing and stage presence (I know she was feeling it some dates, but I saw her live in Dallas and it was underwhelming). And her dancing/performing abilities definitely hit an all-time low during FF. Since then, I've really hoped she'd (at a minimum) sing ballads live and have pre-recorded vocals for the remainder of the setlist.

However, I don't anticipate that happening, and I don't really ever complain because I know I'll remain a fan regardless. Since I grew up listening to Britney, her music effectively serves as a soundtrack to my life and I can't dissociate that level of nostalgia and "attachment" that I have towards her, even though she's no longer the performer she once was. 

2 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

when doing this? no

BCyQQbetFeAko.gifxKEFUbWOKtDQk.gif

when doing this? yes

bUieQjwbPlbxK.gifQTNy5XV94gjXa.gif

My heart :wendycry:

I miss primeney so much it's unreal. It's almost comparable to the loss of a loved one :crying11:

Don't get me wrong. I love Britney. Always have, always will no matter what. But I am not a fan of her artistry and her as a performer anymore. I haven't been since 2004 because that was the last time she was genuine and passionate. (Blackout is an exception musically speaking. She was hella passionate about the whole album and what it meant to her) I've tried hard to appreciate her during Circus, then she just got worse in FF. Then Britney Jean came.

Even though she's improved GREATLY in Vegas and Glory seems to go in the right direction, she's no where even near close to what she used to be.

She's currently doing AT THE MOST 15-20% of what primeney would've done, and it shows. Her shows are extremely uninspired. Her choreo looks like something she would teach in her dance class for  little girls, she can't even be bothered to PRETEND to lipsync that is irony at its best (I mean God c'mon, your already pretending to sing by lipsyncing at least do a good job at it), don't stop "singing" when you're behind a prop, don't lipsync to someone else's vocals, and DON'T lipsync to vocals older than your sons is what fans are asking for, we aren't even asking her to sing the entire show, her costumes look like it came straight out of some 80's disco-themed workout VHS tape, she can't even hire a proper hair and make up team (you would not buy tickets and go to a Broadway show or a classical play expecting to see the main cast looking a mess like Britney, but we expect to see it on a Britney show because that's just how she does it) 

You don't sing. You don't dance. At least look good.

She also doesn't seem to connect to her music anymore, so fans don't either. She sings songs that have emotions in the lyrics but you don't hear it when you're listening. Compare Everytime to Out From Under. ANYONE could've sung OFU and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, because Britney went in the studio, listened to a demo of some sad ballad, and sung the words, and called it a day. She hasn't shown real emotions in her music for a loooong time. Her recent pop songs could be sung by Ariana Grande or Katy Perry, and her ballads are Sia rejects. There's no "Britneyness" characteristic at all in her past 4 albums. It's just a bunch of catchy songs that a bunch of producers and writers made and threw at her in the studio.

I'm just glad she's healthy and seems to be in a happy place now. She's happy being 90% mom and 10% popstar, and that's her right to do so. 

But this GIF set suddenly put a blaring contrast in the reality we have now of Currentney vs what we used to have. It just hit me out of no where :crying11:

Archived