Blackout is Britney's biggest album in Russia (Europe album sales)

Lou M. Taylor

Baby One More Time – 30,000
Oops!… I did It Again – 30,000
Britney – 30,000
In The Zone – 50,000
Greatest Hits, My Prerogative – 60,000
Blackout – 60,000
Circus – 40,000

Twice what BOMT and Oops sold. Wig in the streets of South Korea :orangu:

http://chartmasters.org/2017/05/bonus-gift-the-truth-about-britney-spears-album-sales-part-3/23/

The rest of Europe:

BS-Europe1-1024x170.png

BS-Europe2-1024x170.png

The totals:

BS-Europe3.png

Her biggest European market is (was) Belgium.

France and Germany come next.

Read the full study here: http://chartmasters.org/2017/05/bonus-gift-the-truth-about-britney-spears-album-sales-part-3/

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proud to be from Belgium. Face it, it is because of me buying every album a zillion times:staysalty:

No but for real, she is not popular anymore here in Belgium sadly. Media was addicted about the FF era. TTWE and IWG were played on music channels like up to 5 times a day! WB did okay but ever after WB she barely got airplay nonetheless, Toxic is being played a lot. I only heard Make Me and PG once on the radio:(

But I always felt like Belgium had a **** taste of music lmao. We don't deserve the queen performing here at all when u look at those asian countries where even none singles are being #1...............

4 hours ago, Siwon said:

but Turkish fans know that oops sold more than 300k but this website contradicts :

http://chartmasters.org/2017/05/bonus-gift-the-truth-about-britney-spears-album-sales-part-3/9/ 

That's unfortunately a myth. The Turkish market is way too focused on local artists for the Oops album to sell 300k there.

The album is certified Diamond in Turkey but it's only equal to 2xP. It's not a huge amount.

Britney fans also say ...BOMT sold 30M copies. What fans say isn't necessarily the truth at all. Most of the time they inflate and fake figures for their favorite's albums. Britney's album sales are great and there's no need to inflate them.

Most international stars don't break into the Turkish market the way she did. She did well in your country.

20 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Portugal

Oh yeah Portugal is one of the countries where they love teen pop so she started losing relevancy starting from In the Zone. :(

Her career in Portugal was dead by the time she released Blackout and Circus peaked at #28 and dropped off quickly. If you read page 6 he explains all of that.

52 minutes ago, button said:

That's unfortunately a myth. The Turkish market is way too focused on local artists for the Oops album to sell 300k there.

The album is certified Diamond in Turkey but it's only equal to 2xP. It's not a huge amount.

Britney fans also say ...BOMT sold 30M copies. What fans say isn't necessarily the truth at all. Most of the time they inflate and fake figures for their favorite's albums. Britney's album sales are great and there's no need to inflate them.

Most international stars don't break into the Turkish market the way she did. She did well in your country.

she was the biggest international artist here until 2011, turkish gays love britney since her 98 debut. and turkey is top 10 country on youtube britney streaming. and she even didn't come here. :beyfedup:

11 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Proud to be from Belgium. Face it, it is because of me buying every album a zillion times:staysalty:

No but for real, she is not popular anymore here in Belgium sadly. Media was addicted about the FF era. TTWE and IWG were played on music channels like up to 5 times a day! WB did okay but ever after WB she barely got airplay nonetheless, Toxic is being played a lot. I only heard Make Me and PG once on the radio:(

But I always felt like Belgium had a **** taste of music lmao. We don't deserve the queen performing here at all when u look at those asian countries where even none singles are being #1...............

Hush, Britney is bigger in Asia than in Europe. She has sold more albums in Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and South Korea than in Italy or Spain, despite the fact that those Asian markets are smaller.

But yes, Belgium supported her all the way to Femme fatale included. If you read the article, he says all her albums from BOMT to Femme fatale spent at least 25 weeks on each of the Flanders and Wallonia charts. France loves her too. But outside of Belgium, France and possibly Sweden, the Europe tour would flop hard and her team knows it.

21 minutes ago, troubleguy said:

why not million :meltdown: even bomt only has 30k wtf? she was huge there :meltdown:

A million in Russia is not possible. Their music market isn't big enough for an album to sell 1M. Has one of their local artists even sold half a million with one album? Don't be delusional. :icant2: These numbers are hits for the size of their market. 

Archived