20th Anniversary Greatest Hits Album w/ New Single?

storm

5 minutes ago, Isla. said:

I'm sure she'll release B10 next year, maybe instead of a new GH they can just rerelease The Singles Collection, add all singles released since 3 onto it and make it a 20th anniversary edition or something like that. 

y u so sure tho?:nothavingit:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, e-mailmyheart said:

I hope one day (not too far away) she'll be able to release an album like of Mariah Carey in 1998: # 1's

With more 6 or 7 songs in # 1 she could release an album like that, it's not for everyone, at least 5 singles in # 1 she already has :otears:

That won't happen. :moorangu: And even if it did, the tracklist would be so random for not including a lot of her signature hits.

01 Baby One More

02 Womanizer

03 3

04 Hold It Against Me

I'm thinking we're gonna get an album boxset similar to what they did with TSC which would be cool as long as each album included all bonus tracks! I could also maybe see them re-issuing the BOMT album with remixes and maybe some leftovers if they go by the album release for the anniversary and not the single. 

Personally I would love an album of unreleased songs for her 20th anniversary, they could even still do the album boxset and include it as a bonus disc!

23 minutes ago, Isla. said:

I'm sure she'll release B10 next year, maybe instead of a new GH they can just rerelease The Singles Collection, add all singles released since 3 onto it and make it a 20th anniversary edition or something like that. 

The Singles Collection was another money hungry release, not necesarry at all after only two album since her last. A second GH would be suitable now or after B10.

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That won't happen. :moorangu: And even if it did, the tracklist would be so random for not including a lot of her signature hits.

01 Baby One More

02 Womanizer

03 3

04 Hold It Against Me

Maybe Mariah Carey's # 1's album came out at the time because it was after 8/9 years of career that she got more than 12 songs in # 1! And Britney in almost 20 years got 5, not bad for an artist who is not taken seriously by most of the GP, but if it took Britney another 20 years to get 5 or 6 songs in # 1, after 40 years of career no one would remember 3, Hold It Against Me or S&M Remix. Baby and Womanizer are iconic. Even today, no one hears 3 or Hold It Against Me, they are songs that worked the time they were released because of fan excitement, but it's not music that people remember when they think of her. That's why you're right.

I wouldn't mind for a new GH next year :forkit:! But it has to include new songs or at least unreleased ones... and she has a lot of it!

It's not that hard (except for her team I guess...) :sassybrit:

I would LOVE a tracklist like this :
1. New single**
2. Unreleased song**
3. Unreleased song**
4. Slumber Party (feat. Tinashe)
5. Make Me (feat. G-Eazy)
6. Perfume
7. Work *****
8. Scream & Shout (with will.i.am)
9. I Wanna Go
10. Till the World Ends (feat. Nicki Minaj & Ke$ha)
11. 3
12. Circus
13. Womanizer
14. Piece of Me
15. Gimme More
16. My Prerogative
17. Everytime
18. Toxic
19. Me Against the Music (feat. Madonna)
20. I'm a Slave 4 U
21. Stronger
22. Oops!... I Did It Again
23. (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix!)
24. ...Baby One More Time

Bonus :
1. Tom's Diner
2. Unreleased song**
3. New single (Acoustic)**
4. ...Baby One More Time (Acoustic - re-recorded version)**

(I would still love it with only 2 unreleased tracks and no acoustic :cinderellaney:)

If she did a greatest hits, here's 20 songs for 20 years:

1. …Baby, One More Time

2. Oops!… I Did It Again

3. Overprotected

4. I Wanna Go

5. Scream and Shout (feat. will.i.am)

6. 3

7. Boys

8. Gimme More

9. Make Me… (feat. G-Eazy)

10. I’m A Slave 4 U

11. Me Against The Music

12. Hold It Against Me

13. Slumber Party (feat. Tinashe)

14. Piece of Me

15. Born To Make You Happy

16. Everytime

17. Work *****

18. Toxic

19. Womanizer

20. Till The World Ends

10 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I hope they don't release another pointless GH. They aren't needed in this day and age tbh 

No to mention the hits are limited from 2009 to present. 

That's not necessarily the case. The Singles Collection didn't include the hits only post-My Prerogative, it included the "most relevant" since BOMT. So if they released a third album, I think it would be something similar. 15 most relevant singles from BOMT to Slumber Party, to say something.

However, I do agree it's pointless, not because releasing another compilation is pointless, but because they have The Essentials, which included almost everything from BOMT to Scream & Shout, and it is still very recent. It was still charting a few months ago didn't it? They still promote it on VEVO and other social media.

So my guess is that they won't even release anything especial :giggleney: Maybe RCA releases something on their own, but I really don't see them doing any kind of celebration for the 20th anniversary. Probably by 2018-2019 B10 is gonna be just coming out, and they will treat it like, "oh yeah... this album is to commemorate the 20th anniversary :brityes:" , that's what she'll say on every phone call she'll do to the radio stations, and then she will release the traditional two singles, and that's it, she'll be like "hope you liked it, bye :messbye:"

3 hours ago, MitchellFierce said:

If she did a greatest hits, here's 20 songs for 20 years:

1. …Baby, One More Time

2. Oops!… I Did It Again

3. Overprotected

4. I Wanna Go

5. Scream and Shout (feat. will.i.am)

6. 3

7. Boys

8. Gimme More

9. Make Me… (feat. G-Eazy)

10. I’m A Slave 4 U

11. Me Against The Music

12. Hold It Against Me

13. Slumber Party (feat. Tinashe)

14. Piece of Me

15. Born To Make You Happy

16. Everytime

17. Work *****

18. Toxic

19. Womanizer

20. Till The World Ends

I think it would be like this:

1. ...Baby One More Time
  2. (You Drive Me) Crazy [The Stop Remix!]
  3. Oops!... I Did It Again
  4. Stronger
  5. I'm a Slave 4 U
  6. Me Against the Music
  7. Toxic
  8. My Prerogative
  9. Gimme More
  10. Piece of Me
  11. Womanizer
  12. Circus
  13. 3
  14. Till the World Ends
  15. I Wanna Go
  16. Scream & Shout
  17. Work *****
  18. Pretty Girls
  19. Make Me...
  20. Slumber Party
6 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

01 Baby One More

02 Womanizer

03 3

04 Hold It Against Me

A lot of "#1's" albums don't just include songs that were #1 on Billboard Hot 100. They also include the Dance charts, overseas charts, etc. Most of her singles untill the past two eras have at least gone #1 somewhere :forkit:

B10 early 2018, with a full FF type era, shirt and sweet. 

Then for the 20th year anniversary, release a double disc greatest hits collection with an EP of new songs. Release a few of those as singles throughout the end of 2018 into 2019. A vinyl box set and a Bluray/DVD of every music video she's ever done. She needs to bring it, because fans are expecting a lot and it's a big moment for her career. No one thought she would still be around, not to mention still making music 20 years after BOMT. 

3 hours ago, Trentals said:

A lot of "#1's" albums don't just include songs that were #1 on Billboard Hot 100. They also include the Dance charts, overseas charts, etc. Most of her singles untill the past two eras have at least gone #1 somewhere :forkit:

Meh, I feel like that shouldn't really count. Mariah and The Beatles #1 albums are iconic for the reason that all 20 songs on each are Hot 100 #1's.

Archived