Do you think Britney is off peoples radar?

Usually pop stars live off their young fanbase because they are the ones that buy everything their idol sells.

I think that's the problem Britney is facing these days. The younger generation doesn't have Britney on their radar. 

She's being celebrated recently as an icon lately and people only talk about her achievements in the past: Toxic, Baby, Oops. (see Disney Awards)

But I mean like Britney is not even that old.. she's around the same age as Nicki Minaj and she's currently EVERYWHERE ON EVERY SONG ON EVERY AWARD show. Why not Britney? 

I first thought like okay maybe it is because Nicki is not in the business as long as Britney is but look at Jennifer Lopez. She still is really popular and releases hits. 

When I talked to "kids" recently they all really didn't know any Britney songs except Oops, Baby and Toxic and they didn't even know about her new music (they were around 14-18) 

It's really sad because her recent music is really current. 

What do you guys think is the problem? 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think it's part of the problem. she's seen as a nostalgic act bc that what she and her team push. they promote vegas (all her hits, not her current songs), her image is the same as its always been (meaning no artistic growth and she's seen as a hasbeen trying to relive her glory days), plus britney herself is not that interested in her career (she sees it as a side job) to even care. she used to be a trendsetter but no she follows trends... she needs a new image, a hit song/album, but most of all she needs the passion to care about her career again. 

Popular to kids - I really doubt it, maybe 3 or 4 out of 10 might kbow her. 

Popular to people in general, ofc they know her because they remember her of her past hits but they barely know she is in Vegas and released a new album. Like a month ago I was with one of my best friends and she asked me about Britney and said the last thing she remembers from her is Til the world ends, I wanna go and Scream and shout :britstare11: then I showed her the Work ***** MV and she said she did know the song but she never knew who it was :surething:

Then I showed her the Make me mess of music video, she thought it was cute both song and MV as well as SP which she is currently listening to cause she really liked it as well as Better and DYWCO from Glory.  

15 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Popular to kids - I really doubt it, maybe 3 or 4 out of 10 might kbow her. 

Popular to people in general, ofc they know her because they remember her of her past hits but they barely know she is in Vegas and released a new album. Like a month ago I was with one of my best friends and she asked me about Britney and said the last thing she remembers from her is Til the world ends, I wanna go and Scream and shout :britstare11: then I showed her the Work ***** MV and she said she did know the song but she never knew who it was :surething:

Then I showed her the Make me mess of music video, she thought it was cute both song and MV as well as SP which she is currently listening to cause she really liked it as well as Better and DYWCO from Glory.  

I've had the same experience with my friends. They said the last song they remembered was Circus and Scream And Shout. Then I showed them TTWE and they said uhhh yes i know that song but they didn't know it was a Britney song. 

What has happened?

They really need to build up her image and not always talk about her previous hits. 

Archived