Why did Jive go bankrupt?

How could they go bankrupt having the best selling artist at the time or one of the? They also had the backstreet boys... how come? I think RCA makes even less money than jive...

FUN FACT: Britney's first release with RCA was Criminal, she had just had 3 SOLO (i miss her solo singles so much) top 10's in a row with Jive and then started well with RCA... so EVERYTHING she has released with RCA (WB aside although it wasnt a big hit) has floped, y'all can see the contrast by the singles thing... 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the top artists in at that point in Jive Records were:

Britney, Backstreet Boys and Nsync! Those were the actual money makers! 

Jive didn't just focus on those though, they were in hunger for more, they kept signing up random *** artists specially when rap music started taking over, and they failed, lots of investments, no payback, court cases were filed against them, Nsync broke up, two albums still in the contract that they already got paid for, Lou stepped in and ****** everything left and right, Johnny and all the BSB members sued them for like 300 million for each member or something like that! By 2005 they were in a big *** mess! I guess that's where it started going down! 

9 minutes ago, OutrageousSin said:

the top artists in at that point in Jive Records were:

Britney, Backstreet Boys and Nsync! Those were the actual money makers! 

Jive didn't just focus on those though, they were in hunger for more, they kept signing up random *** artists specially when rap music started taking over, and they failed, lots of investments, no payback, court cases were filed against them, Nsync broke up, two albums still in the contract that they already got paid for, Lou stepped in and ****** everything left and right, Johnny and all the BSB members sued them for like 300 million for each member or something like that! By 2005 they were in a big *** mess! I guess that's where it started going down! 

Thanks so much for explaining, they shouldn't have been so ambitious...

24 minutes ago, HenryBai said:

For christs sake Britney should start her own label like a real business top woman

Britney doesn't have the drive to promote her own music...she ain't gonna have the drive for a record label. 

If anything she should open a dance studio, have Kids dance and Zumba classes every other day :hahaha:

2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Britney doesn't have the drive to promote her own music...she ain't gonna have the drive for a record label. 

If anything she should open a dance studio, have Kids dance and Zumba classes every other day :hahaha:

She would probably love that. I think it was a dream of hers.

I didn't realise they went bankrupt? I thought Sony just decided to merge all the RCA music group labels together, because don't forget J and Arista Records shut down too.

Also i wasn't aware Criminal was released on RCA still thought that was a Jive release. Wasn't the single released in September 2011? Jive shut down the following month. I always thought Criminal flopped because of the video controversy. 

3 minutes ago, Isla. said:

I didn't realise they went bankrupt? I thought Sony just decided to merge all the RCA music group labels together, because don't forget J and Arista Records shut down too.

Also i wasn't aware Criminal was released on RCA still thought that was a Jive release. Wasn't the single released in September 2011? Jive shut down the following month. I always thought Criminal flopped because of the video controversy. 

I think that's the case. There wasn't a bankruptcy. RCA just decided to merge a bunch of labels.

2 hours ago, Isla. said:

It did go bankrupt, we've all known it for ages... and no criminal was released with RCA, maybe cause JIVE was about to shut down the month after like u said, they wouldnt keep releasing music until the last day they were active.

Zomba created Jive, Zomba ended after Circus. Jive after Femme fatale  united to RCA with Arista and J records.. So it's not about bankrupt, music labels are not powerfull anymore, social media can replace them very easy. so it's more easy for them to join with the highest labels, jive didn't have huge stars since britney in 98. 

i read on wikipedia that Jay Z outbid jive staff so they left for his label or something, since then jive lost a lot of power.

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

No, cuz Larry will step in and **** things up. She always wanted her label and was actually gonna. She discovered Jojo and introduced her to Larry.

Archived