Britney VMA Mic Conspiracy Theory

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney has Lip-synced most of the times during TV events (even during her peak / prime). So I doubt this is real. They didn't even bother to pre-record new vocals let alone she was gonna sing live.

RCA / Her team did seem pleased with the performance tho, as it was uploaded to her VEVO channel. 

26 minutes ago, TeaWaiter said:

well ! assuming this is true...... right after that, she perfomed the same mash up at other shows, so why didn't she sing live in order to make it up... !!!!!!

And why did she have pre-recorded vocals in the first place? There's no way she was going to sing live, she couldn't even sing Toxic without James Corden.

5 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

She sounded good, but her voice was cracking so much. :meltdown:

She should train her voice and maybe she'll be able to sing with a really quiet backtrack.

Her voice always crack when she sings like that live. Her option would be singing like she used to sing back in the BOMT days, but even then she cracked, less but did. And I doubt she could do it nowadays.

8 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I don't think she was going to sing live. SHE HAS BARELY SUNG LIVE IN HER ENTIRE CAREER so why would she on such a huge night - her return to the VMA stage? It's pretty clear this girl lips 100%.

THIS!! It annoys me a lot when people say she doesn't give a **** about her career now because she doesn't sing live or pre-record vocals... Im like she actually never did it, she sang like 3 or 4 songs completely live of all her records and only a few times she had pre recorded vocals on her live performances.

I can get the complains about her dancing but you can't complain about lip syncing if you are a Britney fan, its just stupid... :forkit:

Ugh, I refuse to watch this video, because I know it's likely referencing the part of the choreo where she points to the mic. We know this is part of the choreography because the other time she performed this mash-up with a headset she made the same gesture, but to her wrist. I seriously can't with some of the people of there. As if Britney would give two ***** if her mic was not on and then care enough to point it out in the middle of an award show performance. 

2 hours ago, danny1994 said:

And why did she have pre-recorded vocals in the first place? There's no way she was going to sing live, she couldn't even sing Toxic without James Corden.

Most artists nowawdays have pre-recorded tracks just in case of audio issues or for backing track purposes and they just sing over it.  Even the greats like Celine have it.   I don't know though... part of me still believes this story because she looked very into it... but then it didn't make sense the 2nd time she performed it with him and lipped it... so who knows. :( 

I mean, it is really weird that she switches microphones and then points to it.  :xfactorlook:And tbh, it would have been a shocking moment to the GP had she been live, but that being said I also think they would have been extra judgemental of her since everybody associates her with lip syncing. Maybe she wasn't sounding the way they wanted her too so they switched it without Britney knowing hence why she points at the mic thinking she's singing live and it was suppose to be this "wow" moment. :flawless: ORRRR it was all done to try and fool the casual watcher into thinking it was just live. :bwink:

7 hours ago, WhatEverYouWant said:

I mean, it is really weird that she switches microphones and then points to it.  :xfactorlook:And tbh, it would have been a shocking moment to the GP had she been live, but that being said I also think they would have been extra judgemental of her since everybody associates her with lip syncing. Maybe she wasn't sounding the way they wanted her too so they switched it without Britney knowing hence why she points at the mic thinking she's singing live and it was suppose to be this "wow" moment. :flawless: ORRRR it was all done to try and fool the casual watcher into thinking it was just live. :bwink:

to me this would be more of an disappointment. she never sings live and that ONE time she sings live it's not even one of her own songs.

But well... sounds like something Team B would do. 

Guest $elfish

the only thing i agree with him about on this is that britney is promoting 

she is promoting but most of the time the "glory" promo suddenly turns into a pom ad and she promotes pom instead 

i wish she would go on SNL again:verycool: 

Or Lip Sync live she would slay that :blaughing:

the mic theory is bullshit why would they do that ? there is no benefit of doing that and if she was singing live why was the track playing :plzexplain:

11 hours ago, WhatEverYouWant said:

She wasnt pointing at the mic. It was a dance move. If you look and pay attention closely to her dancers, they all point to their wrist when the line "and it gets me every time" comes on.  Kinda like a wristwatch I guess. She just probably wasnt used to actually holding a mic and didnt realize how weird that dance move would look with a mic in her hand as she's lipsynching.

And you guys, why would she imagine shes singing live? Her words barely matched the lyrics half the time. Lol I swear everyone thinks Britney is an idiot. There's no way she thinks what she hears over the speakers is her in real time, even with her barely moving her mouth in some parts. If she does, then our fave has to be on Jessica Simpson chicken of the sea dumb levels lol.

Archived