my response to anyone that says glory flopped

Guest $elfish

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some delusion noticed, also there are some factual errors (mainly the #1 countries), but all in all, IA with him. Glory did not flop. Maybe it was not as successful as Circus/ FF, but by 2016/17's standards, it was a bit more than averagely successful. Probably a lot of hype was killed by MM's video, but taking that into consideration, pulling north of 100K was good for her. Surely she can do better, and I think she will with B10 as Vegas is ending.

Glory didnt do well. 

Its great album but it was number 3 and it literally sold because of the fans and it sunk faster than the titanic after. 

That is not good...the point of singles is to help keep the album afloat for months. They can't even keep it going more than a few weeks. 

Guest $elfish
4 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Glory didnt do well. 

Its great album but it was number 3 and it literally sold because of the fans and it sunk faster than the titanic after. 

That is not good...the point of singles is to help keep the album afloat for months. They can't even keep it going more than a few weeks. 

It got 200,000 illegal downloads in its first week  apparently so if people didn't get   it illegally it would have done better just because it didn't do well in the USA that doesn't mean it flopped it went #1 on a bunch of countries 

it was #3  in the USA because of the release mess up I think between her and Barbra Streisand I remember reading  somewhere they had to rush release glory because leaks kept coming out so they released the 2 albums at the same time 

I'm not sure tho:huh:

1 minute ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

It got 200,000 illegal downloads in its first week  apparently so if people didn't get   it illegally it would have done better just because it didn't do well in the USA that doesn't mean it flopped it went #1 on a bunch of countries 

it was #3  in the USA because of the release mess up I think between her and Barbra Streisand I remember reading  somewhere they had to rush release glory because leaks kept coming out so they released the 2 albums at the same time 

It didn't do good in other countries. This album had the least impact of any of her music and it's because they are lazy.

Excuses can be made but no it leaked because Mexico leaked it a few days ahead. Everything leaks though and still does good. So it's another excuse. 

The album sunk like a ship. 

Its still great and nothing takes that away it's just sad that they wasted such good music 

5 minutes ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

Who cares about the illegal downloads? Every artist in this generation lost many copies because the illegal downloads, an article said that Femme Fatale (the album) had 11M of illegal downloads but it also sold millions of copies... 

And yes it went #1 in Italy (i'm italian) but here in Italy you can have a #1 with 2000/3000 copies, but noone played Make Me or Slumber Party at the radios, it was hard to find Glory in the shops, people were like "sorry, we don't have her album" or "we had three copies and we won't have others, sorry" ...

#1 #2 or #3 doesn't mean success, Gwen Stefani's last album is #1 but it flopped harder than Glory or Lotus

Glory had a rush released due to other factors, not leaking or illegal download. She announced by the begining of August the album would be coming on the 26th so no, don't try to justify the floppage due to "rush release". The album leaked just a few days before the official date since the physical copies were available in Mexico. :staysalty:

The album flopped due to lack of promotion, no tour, not enough performances, not enough BIG interviews, etc. Carpool karaoke & VMAs were supposed to be the biggest exposures and they didn't even say her album was out or even that she had an album, plus these took place when the album was practically out!  :byebitch:

And I don't want to get in the MAKE ME BIGGEST MESS EVER again coz it's something unforgettable, it killed the song all over. MM was a song without a video to me and that made it too difficult to take off (though #16 spot was not bad enough for all that mess imo) :byebitch:

Then Flopper party ... we knew it was gonna be nowhere...I keep saying none of Glory singles are strong enough to be HUGE HITS, I love the album but that's true! 

To be honest tho it doesn't really bother me that she's not selling or that they don't promote as much as they could. I still love the whole concept of the album and I still love all of the songs on the album and I listen to it everyday since it was released.

The only thing that bothers me is that people don't even know about her latest work and as someone said before: it's a HUGE waste of good music. Britney's sound and her vocals evolved and people still only talk about Baby One More Time & Oops. Not that it's bad - these songs made her the icon she is today but I would really love to let people see how Britney is still killing it and that her songs are actually really good. 

2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Glory didnt do well. 

I get her team maybe wanting to just start over fresh and being over the mess they made but theres a bunch of ther songs that could've been pushed just cause SP flopped. 

I think of it like a start in a good direction/getting fans back though. critically  acclaimed fan favorite after the big flop (Glitter-Charmbraclet, American Life- Confessions) Larry get it together for B10 lol

Archived