I just realised that "Boys" might as well...

Dynasty

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RobRocks said:

Most songs between Britney era and Circus era are pretty timeless tbh. That's why I love Britney music :mhm: 

mmmm Nico Tortorella :thirsty: id let him bang me all day

8 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

One of if not my fav Britney video :bow: 

yas tbh its iconic :cinderellaney::cinderellaney:

I loved when this came out in 2002, I really did.  Then for some reason I moved on and ignored "Boys" for many years thinking it was among her most forgettable singles and was annoyed of Britney being obssesed with it on every tour (I swear she treats "Boys" better than many of her actual hits). I really didn't care about this song for years. 

..... Then, a couple of years ago I was at this cool funky bar and they were playing really cool hip hop / rhytmic and funky songs and out of nowhere they played "Boys (co-ed remix)" and OMG it sounded so EPIC, I was shocked and shaking because I had never in my life listened to "Boys" in a bar before and I was slayed, it sounded so badass, edgy, stylish in a bar, I just can't explain it. Ever since that day I saw the light again and realised how UNDERRATED this single is among audiences, as soon as I got back home that night I put it back to my ipod. Now I understand why Britney gives it special treatment all the time. 

Guest thanos18
6 minutes ago, britsangel90 said:

hate the song; video is hot though

I don't like the video but I love the song.the song has a **** vibe with **** lyrics.I expected the video to following something similar but no .it was cringeworthy.Austin powers destroyed the video.it was bad.not even funny! like the make me vevo video

4 minutes ago, thanos18 said:

I don't like the video but I love the song.the song has a **** vibe with **** lyrics.I expected the video to following something similar but no .it was cringeworthy.Austin powers destroyed the video.it was bad.not even funny! like the make me vevo video

I just don't like the whisper thing she does sometimes. I know some exhalers find it **** but I find it annoying. I think the video has one of the best dance breaks she's ever done though. I guess they could have done without the austin powers scene, but it really doens't bother me

Do people really dislike that video tho? She looked like a goddess on it, her style and fashion are amazing in the video, the vibe its dope and mysterious, I thought it was a hella cool music video (actually my second favorite from the "Britney" era after "Slave").,

3 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I'm sick of Boys. 

Its takes up the spot of new album songs each era. 

Britney loves that single tho, so its always going to be there.  I don't even think her team and label care or give a d*mn about "Boys", but Britney's obsession with it seems to be so big that its probably like a mandatory rule that "Boys" gets on every setlist of every tour,  show and compilation albums she does forever. 

"Boys" even made "The singles collection" main tracklist when actual hit singles such as "Sometimes",  "Lucky" or Grammy nominated songs like "Overprotected" didn't.

So we better deal. 

The song is great

The music video is amazing 

and its choreography is one of the best on her music videos as well as live performances, stop the hate to Boys. I t has never been a bad performance on her tours, maybe just the Circus tour, but just that one. 

Now, back to thread, yes, the song sounds a bit funky and urban but it would need some changes to sound current, at least, from 2014 onwards. :mhm:

Archived