Original Doll Mystery

Just now, RobRocks said:

Yes, sorry. I meant the demos/leaks we got and that stuff. 

The Blackout demos were also all recorded in 2006. I believe the earliest demo is All That She Wants and that was done with JR Rotem around March-May 2006 when Britney first began recording the album and she posted the "Remembrance of Who I Am" poem on her website. She then posted Rebellion later in July.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The Blackout demos were also all recorded in 2006. I believe the earliest demo is All That She Wants and that was done with JR Rotem around March-May 2006 when Britney first began recording the album and she posted the "Remembrance of Who I Am" poem on her website. She then posted Rebellion later in July.

But could it be the songs were registered some years after? Like, imagine (just a fool example) she planend to do a song like Rebellion in 2004/5 but didn't write it and recorded it until 2006. You know what I mean?

1 minute ago, RobRocks said:

But could it be the songs were registered some years after? Like, imagine (just a fool example) she planend to do a song like Rebellion in 2004/5 but didn't write it and recorded it until 2006. You know what I mean?

Anything could happen, she did bring back Sippin' On from 2003 to be reworked for Blackout.

But I doubt these Blackout demos are that old. As far as we know, they're new songs that were done a year later. There was also no mention of JR Rotem or Chris Notes before 2006.

4 hours ago, Isla. said:

It was a demo CD haha. It was when she was on her way to the airport in Spain leaving to go to Germany in May 2004 whilst on the OHT.

Click to view full size image

OMG I've never seen this! :meltdown: Tnx so much! 

They way she holds the CD is like the metaphor that we can't have those songs :ricackle:

On 25.5.2017. at 4:05 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

Was she really involved with the project though? She had no part in Mona Lisa or Someday. She was working with Britney since 2002. Even if you remove the unreleased demos, I've Just Begun and Chaotic were both recorded for ITZ in early 03. Maybe they did some stuff together or brought back some demos for 2004's sessions but everything was initially written / recorded for ITZ.

That's pretty much everyone's guess. Can't deny Britney had probably YEARS worth of material for ITZ, most of those songs would probably be brought back for Original Doll. Wasn't there a rumor Rebellion was supposed to be brought back for Blackout while it was written for OD? Maybe i'm mistaken.

On 25.5.2017. at 3:10 PM, Isla. said:

It's been known for years these songs were from ITZ. Britney worked with Michelle in 2003 and i think it was confirmed somewhere by her all the songs are from this era. People only assumed these came from TOD because they were registered in 2005 but that doesn't prove anything.

I know that but it's still somewhat sketchy. What about Do Something? I mean it was released around that era and refrences the first ''single'' of of OD in like the first five seconds.

30 minutes ago, Lucky's ***** said:

I know that but it's still somewhat sketchy. What about Do Something? I mean it was released around that era and refrences the first ''single'' of of OD in like the first five seconds.

You mean the video where it says it was directed by Mona Lisa? I think it was recorded sometime in 2004 around the same time as Mona Lisa, not sure if Do Somethin was to be used for TOD or if it was specifically for GH:MP.

On 5/22/2017 at 11:26 AM, OopsOverprotected said:

That means at least 6-8 songs. Do we IN FACT know what was supposed to be on the tracklist? Like for real... no fanmade assumptions.

Mona Lisa. That's literally the only song we know for a fact.

Every other song is tied to other projects:

In The Zone:

• And Then We Kiss (later released on B In The Mix: The Remixes)
  • Chaotic (later released on the Chaotic EP)
  • Conscience
  • Get It
  • Girls and Boys (included on a special edition of In The Zone)
  • Guilty
  • (I've Just Begun) Having My Fun [later released on Greatest Hits: My Prerogative]
  • Instant Deja Vu
  • Look Who's Talking Now
  • Money Love & Happiness
  • Ouch
  • Over To You Now (later released on the Chaotic EP)
  • Peep Show
  • Pleasure You
  • Rock Star
  • Sippin' On (later planned to be included on Blackout and was set to feature AC on the Blackout version)
  • Strangest Love
  • Take Off

Greatest Hits: My Prerogative:

• My Prerogative
  • Do Somethin'

Chaotic EP:

• Someday (I Will Understand)

Original Doll:

• Mona Lisa

All of the Michelle Bell tracks were thought to be part of Original Doll since she said as much herself a few years back, but that turned out to be false. All of her tracks were for In The Zone.

3 hours ago, Lucky's ***** said:

2 hours ago, Isla. said:

You mean the video where it says it was directed by Mona Lisa? I think it was recorded sometime in 2004 around the same time as Mona Lisa, not sure if Do Somethin was to be used for TOD or if it was specifically for GH:MP.

"Mona Lisa" was Britney's alter ego she came up with to co-direct the DS video under. 

"Spears is credited as "Mona Lisa" in the video, as she said "I kinda think she's like my alter ego whenever I feel like being mean or possibly like bustin' people around to get stuff right ... It's kinda easier to be called 'Mona Lisa' instead of Britney"."

Archived