[DISCUSS] What Do You Think About The Way She Is Performing Lately?

xoxo, Stan.

First of all, this thread wasn't made to bash her or make fun of her. Even though her latest shows aren't the same as the 2016 shows, she has a contract. She has to do the shows even though she's clearly tired of it. I totally get it, imagine if you had to do the same choreography and "sing" the same songs three times a week for 4 years? Wouldn't you be tired of it as well?

The peak of POM was in 2016, for sure. She was on fire, her moves were sharp in the majority of the songs. But now, not only her moves are lazy but she has developed a lot of VERY annoying mannerisms. Remember the goofy face she used to make every 3 seconds? She replaced it for the knee bending.

AnpQQj.giflO1v81.gifMjGE5m.gif66QmKR.gif

3lNjJR.gif

I can't believe her team don't have the guts to talk to her about it and make her rehearse a little bit. Have you guys seen how she's been performing the Crazy break, the BOMT break and the Womanizer break? It's seriously a disaster. If her dancers are the ones creating her choreography recently, why don't they take the initiative to create new dancebreaks and show her? She's been doing the same Crazy/BOMT break for 4 ******* years. And she has a couple of weeks until the Asia tour, so she has time to rehearse.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's so bored with POM. 

I can't stand her costumes. 

I'm not complaining soooo much about the dancing because it's still sooooo much better than FFT. And I don't really think she cares anymore because she's bored with the show and has gotten "too comfortable", if that makes any sense. She shouldn't be out there performing with her messy hair and her cheap costumes. I can't stand it

One more thing I can't stand is her lip syncing to her almost 20 year old vocals. She NEEDS to pre record some of her songs asap, and she really should sing over the track sometimes.

She obviously can, she probably just doesn't want to.

I don't understand the tired concept. She works a few days a week and has months off at a time often and vacations often. And if she wanted to switch up choreo, she could work with her choreography to do that. I understand having off nights, everyone does, but when you're making that much each show and just come out on stage barely moving and skipping around (when your choreo is already super watered down to begin with), it seems entitled and lazy. I will never make excuses for someone who basically chooses when they want to show up and give 100% to their job. I wish I could slack off at work like that. 

4 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

I don't understand the tired concept. She works a few days a week and has months off at a time often and vacations often. And if she wanted to switch up choreo, she could work with her choreography to do that. I understand having off nights, everyone does, but when you're making that much each show and just come out on stage barely moving and skipping around (when your choreo is already super watered down to begin with), it seems entitled and lazy. I will never make excuses for someone who basically chooses when they want to show up and give 100% to their job. I wish I could slack off at work like that. 

I totally get it that she's tired. But I totally agree with you, it's not like she works all day everyday and she doesn't have time to work on new choreography/rehearse. She simply doesn't want to and this is really disappointing. She doesn't care because people keeps showing up every show, and she's making her money.

Just now, BKSTYL3 said:

She's not as robotic as she used to be when she started POM. I really wish Wade or Brian would come back to do her choreography.

tumblr_mkntgd3YIJ1s9706fo1_250.gif

BRITNEY-12.gif

Honestly, the only thing that was missing in her performances in 2014/early 2015 was energy. Her moves were sharp and on point. Every move she does with her arms lately are SO lazy, it seems like she doesn't even want to move them. It's just really bad and embarassing.

Contrary to what most people here think, I think her 'team' doesn't have the right to tell her anything. I think she has the upper hand in everything she does regarding her performances. Do you really think her team don't want her to slay? Part of Britney's spiral out of control came from the fact that she was pushed to promote and perform a lot. Her team (back then) knew they had a gem on their hand and wanted to use it to the max. Nowadays, she probably gets to decide what to do and what not to do and I don't think anyone can tell her otherwise. Britney has always been stubborn. She never listened to anyone else, hence, why she broke down eventually. Now, it's no different. She sabotages herself in so many ways, it's not even funny.

As for her performances, I'd rather not say. I haven't watched much of POM and I don't intend to, ever. I saw only half of the VMA's and I couldn't finish it. I just can't watch her spastic moves and weird facial expressions. I just can't. I haven't finished watching TCSBS, FFT or POM. I only skim through them just to get a general idea of how she's currently performing. I honestly don't know how someone can change that much. I don't think anxiety causes you to lose your natural rhythm to the music. I'd rather keep my mouth shut regarding her performances. I'd much rather not think about it. It's very disheartening. 

Just now, really really cool guy said:

She keeps touching her hair every 3 seconds and I'm like :BRITNEY LEAVE IT ALONE FFS!!! :meltdown:

I wanted to include the "hair touching" as one of her mannerisms as well, but honestly, the knee bending is SO much more embarassing. I just can't :idkney:

I've noticed it too. Honestly the outfits used to be so messy, now they aren't as bad but the initial revamp had the best BOM and MATM outfits (that jersey should be her new signature look she has for each tour/concert). She is doing better, but for GP it's not enough (hence the comments on Billboard instagram) plus the lip sync to old high pitched vocals....I mean at least pre-record....or turn ur mic on it's not that hard. Hair and makeup are more often than not messy and make her look bad, it's a shame though. I don't get it, if she doesn't like artists touching her too much she should learn makeup skills or get a dancer to do idk :lollistare:

POM works much better in person, but yeah there is room for improvement.    I'm glad I saw her when the revamp show was still new, fresh, and cool. :saycheese: 

34 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

She keeps touching her hair every 3 seconds and I'm like :BRITNEY LEAVE IT ALONE FFS!!! :meltdown:

She really needs to get fans placed near the stage, J-Lo has them during her shows, so I don't know why she doesn't.  That would stop her from fussing with her hair or worse putting it up in a sloppy ponytail & messy bun.  That low-key pisses me off. :beyfedup:

choreo is not the main issue...she' s just not the same performer she used to be

she doesn't own stage since 2009, she acts awkward and goofy and doesn't take herself seriously 

I'm sorry but she can't even freestyle anymore, I bet she doesn't dance much besides her shows hence her stiffness 

I dont buy she's bored of it. If she was, she can easily change just about ANYTHING regarding the show. I think she loves POM b/c it gives her consistency in her ever-day-life.

However, I  do think she is extremely lazy with her craft. she doesnt rehearse or put any effort into anything. I sure as hell now dont buy(nor that i did) knee injury excuses after seeing Paula abdul perform last night.  Paula has had knee injuries, back injuries, and suffers from a chronic pain condition, and she SLAYED any performance I've seen Britney do since 2009. 

Archived